“Close to all the activity....awfully busy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity City Hotel

You added Trinity City Hotel to your Saves list
Trinity City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Trinity Capital Hotel)   |
Ranked #39 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Close to all the activity....awfully busy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved the location. Enjoyed the quirky approach the hotel has taken to what seem to be relatively recent updates. Call it bad luck or good luck...the days were beautiful while we were there, which meant the rooms were stifling, even at night. The window only opened a crack, and we had to ask three times for a fan before finally getting one after a pretty miserable, sticky night. Also, wi-if out for our three day visit (somewhat easily remedied as most pubs have it). All-in-all, tho - a good location, a clean room, and friendly, helpful staff (particularly Anne Marie, who went above and beyond to help us out)

• Stayed August 2013
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bunbury W.A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

very hot room comes to mind. The room on the 6th floor we were allocated on arrival was very hot with no aircon. When we reported this to reception they gave us a fan which really only moved hot air around all night and then they moved us the next morning to a room on the 1st floor for our next 3 nights which was good.
otherwise the hotel was good with a nice bar and several lounge areas, the furniture was a bit quirky. The location was handy to most things.

Room Tip: try not to get the top floor in warm weather
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall. Unfortunately we currently do have air conditioning in all of our guest bedrooms but we hope to be in a position to remedy this over the coming months, and I am sorry that you were a little uncomfortable due to this fact..

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed for one night in late June and for 3 nights about 10 days' later on 8-10 July. On both occasions I was upgraded - first night to a Georgian suite (huge!!) and the second stay to a very large room with spa bath! The hotel is beautiful with quirky, interesting ornaments and art everywhere you look. The most wonderful, enchanting hotel I've stayed in! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, especially one woman (unfortunately I have forgotten her name). The hotel's location is great - easy walking distance to Trinity College, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, local DART and across the bridge to Connelly Street and Henry Street. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a good time whilst staying with us.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have just arrived back from Dublin after staying at The Trinity Capital for 3 nights. All in all no problems at all. The room was clean and quite spacious as was the bathroom. We were facing a busy road but no problems with noise at night time. We ate at the hotel the first evening and the food was good. Breakfast was ok - choice of cereals and fruit juices, selection of fruit, pastries, cooked meats and cheese or a cooked breakfast if wanted - all self service. My only niggle and this is not just this hotel - not everyone drinks tea or coffee which sometimes is all that is in the bedrooms. I like peppermint and could have it at breakfast so why is herbal tea not put in the rooms? Overall a good experience and we would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I think I agree with most of the other reviewers' comments, both positive and negative.

The location of the Trinity Capital Hotel is excellent, given the price. You're near enough to walk to most Dublin attractions, but not in the crazy middle of it all. I found the staff to be helpful, and the breakfast buffet was great. Though the menu was the same every day, it was tasty, and filling. I never needed lunch after one of these breakfasts.

The downsides: Wireless access was down for more than a day, which was a problem for me. The room I had overlooked the busy street in the front of the hotel, and as others have noted, the only air circulation comes from opening the window. I couldn't sleep with the road noise, so the room got pretty stuffy and warm overnight. Luckily the road wasn't too noisy, when the window was closed.

Overall, not perfect, but pretty good. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The room I got via travelocity was TINY. When I looked on the fire escape map, I saw it was the tin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the Trinity Capital for 4 nights the beginning of July. The location was just fabulous and we were able to walk everywhere in Dublin. When we arrived, the normal room was a bit stuffy with no air conditioning. We switched to an upgraded room with AC which for us was worth the extra price. It was a lovely executive room but we would have preferred the normal room with AC. It would be nice if the hotel had something in between the two rooms. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on that. The staff was very helpful. Overall, it was a great stay in Dublin!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Stanley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

trinity capital hotel is beautiful. on arrival we had to wait until 2pm for check in which wasn't a problem. we simply secured our luggage in the hotel and went shopping. the rooms were very nice maybe too hot as the window didn't open much. very comfortable beds. we had our evening meal in the hotel which was very tasty and reasonably priced. the breakfast the next morning was very nice with a buffet style service. staff very helpful. would stay here again. ideally situated not too far from temple bar

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Deputy General Manager

Been to Trinity City Hotel? Share your experiences!