“Dublin at your doorstep!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity City Hotel

You added Trinity City Hotel to your Saves list
Trinity City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Trinity Capital Hotel)   |
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
“Dublin at your doorstep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I can not say enough about the Trinity Capital Hotel! My husband and I were on holiday last month (June 2013) and stayed in Dublin for 3 nights before hitting the road and seeing all of Ireland. Our stay at Trinity Capital was fabulous! The staff (Ann Marie and Claire) who always seemed to be at the desk night or day were very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We felt very welcomed in this wonderful hotel...Plus our room was beautiful! Trinity Capital Hotel is a must stay if you are seeing all the Dublin sights-excellent location. Thank you for a grand visit!

Room Tip: We loved our room over-looking Pearse Street. Quiet and comfy!
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thak you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time. Thank you especially for your kind comments about Claire and Ann Marie. Both girls will be delighted to hear your lovely feedback.

I hope we will have th eopportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel. I chose the king executive room to ensure we would have a comfortable end of our vacation. The room was HUGE compared to the other rooms we had stayed in Dublin, London, and Paris. We had a king bed, small sofa, desk with chair, two luggage racks, etc. Air conditioning and wifi worked well. The bathroom was also very large with a modern hair dryer and small toiletries. The toilet had difficulties flushing, though, which was remedied by holding down the button for an extended time period. It wasn't worth the time/effort to call and complain. The location was acceptable. You have to basically walk around Trinity College (I thought we could cut through the college but this isn't possible.) to get to the pubs, restaurants, shopping, etc. The area of the hotel felt a little desolate despite being a 5-8 minute walk from everything. The fire department didn't cause us any problems with noise as others have noted. Yes, the decor is eclectic, but I thought that made it fun. We didn't try the lounge or room service so I can't comment on that. The reception desk (both at check in and check out) were unfriendly (at best) and borderline rude. In addition, the hotel seems to cater toward large tour groups, so there seems to always be large groups (bus loads) congregating in the reception area and exits/entrances all day long. We went in and out of the hotel several times in one day, and were annoyed trying to maneuver around these groups.

MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy that overall you had positive comments to share. I will be sure to discuss your experiences with our reception team with our Front Office Manager.

I hope we will ave the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Portstewart, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year. We were attending a theatre show just down the street, and were looking somewhere quiet and full of character.

The hotel has wonderful staff, who are all so friendly and never stop smiling. My boyfriend had a little accident with the room service man, who was so friendly about it, and laughed upon exit.

The hotel is full of character and had a real funky feel to it, it was right up my street.

The room was super clean, the bathroom sparkling. The location was excellent. Right at the bottom of Grafton Street.

We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My new husband and I had an incredible experience at The Trinity Capital Hotel. The hotel is clean, trendy and simply beautiful, but the staff is what makes this hotel stand out far above the rest. We were warmly welcomed and were treated incredibly kindly. Daria and Karolina were so genuine and sincere in their congratulations for us in celebrating our honeymoon, we felt like we were visiting old friends. We had also stayed at another, much more expensive, hotel during our visit to Dublin, but wished we had stayed at The Trinity Capital instead. We know we don't need to look any further for a place to stay next time we visit Dublin. This place is THE BEST place in town, no doubt!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and many congratulations on your recent marriage. Thank you especially for your kind words regading Daria and Karolina, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The front desk staff were wonderful! They were knowledgable and helpful! There is internet access for a fee. They also have a kiosk that will help you to locate many eating establishments and other activities as well! You may also post on FB as well from the kiosk. I liked the security of using the room card to travel to your own personal floor. The breakfast buffet was wonderful! We traveled with a group so we did not have time to use the pool or spa if there was one. I would visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the fire station are easier to sleep in because the fire station is very l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent reviw of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Never stayed here before. Great location. Very central. Stylish decor. Loved our room upgrade. Super breakfast. Particularly noticed how great the staff were - friendly and very effecient. Couldn't do enough for us. Had a great time. Will stay here on future visits to Dublin.

Room Tip: King rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sandy Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you are vising Dublin there are many interesting areas, but a hotel location near Trinity University seems like the ideal spot and that is where we find the Trinity Capital Hotel. For me, this was a business and pleasure trip and I chose to be more centrally located rather than locate near the river. I rate this hotel is three stars for reasons that I will discuss below, but it could easily be a four star hotel with some minor, but meaningful tweaks.

The building itself is not much to look at on the outside and does not offer much in terms of views, but it does have nice, though somewhat bland breakfast buffet. Now to the nitty gritty:

Reception Area: The area is large and is decorated with a fine assortment of chairs that make you look like you are sitting on a throne. It is nice place to meet with friends, and has a nice bar area. We had little wait to check-in. The decorations seem a little hodge podge to me and is eclectic. The hallways are worse and need some redecorating. A hotel of this class should provide an area to print out boarding passes etc and they do. It’s a single desk across from the check in desk. They charge over 6 euros to do a single boarding pass. It’s ridiculous when you can stay at a much cheaper place and get free boarding passes. It seems they have a lot to learn on how to accommodate even the most basic needs (see below). However, the staff otherwise was very helpful and courteous with such things as restaurant recommendations.

Room: I was in a nice upgraded room. The room was clean and the bed was adequate, though not luxurious. The bathroom was more than sufficient. The lighting was poor in all rooms with a usable work area, but insufficient lighting. There are two outlets at the desk, but don’t forget an adapter if you are coming from the U.S. The bed itself was a nice size, but the pillows were somewhat uncomfortable. A hot water machine and safe are provided. The coffee they provide is instant, which is not unusual for the area. The room was very quiet. My biggest complaint with the room and the hotel overall is their internet, which is just not equipped to handle all of the quests and therefore did not work the three days we were there. When we first complained they said it was due to our Apple products. When we explained it did not work on the phones or other products and then we heard other people complain too, they finally admitted they were having problems, but no one seemed to really care or deal with the problem.

Location: The location is right in the heart of one of Dublin. There is plenty of transportation options and you can walk to Trinity University (see the Book of Kells), the Guinness Storehouse, the river and many other areas. It is a longer walk to the park, but the park is definitely worth a visit if you have time as it’s the largest park in Europe. You will find plenty of shopping, restaurants and bars as well as easy walking distance to the train. It is near a fire station and police station, but it never awakened us.

My overall experience here was good, but I would hope there might be better options, but this is a safe choice, and I would, somewhat reluctantly, recommend this hotel to my friends. I am adding additional checklist information for those that are interested:

Check in
My reservation record was accurate.
The check-in process was timely and efficient.
The check-in staff was courteous.

Guest Room
My room was clean and comfortable.
My room was furnished appropriately.
My bed and bedding was comfortable, but not luxurious.

Guest Staff
The guest staff was prompt, reliable, and friendly, with some exceptions.
The guest staff was knowledgeable and fully answered my questions about the area.
Security was available if needed.
Housekeeping staff was friendly and reliable.
Management was unable to solve problems.

Food and Dining
The food and dining staff was courteous.
The food quality was good (we only had breakfast at the hotel).
I did not use room service.

Amenities
Hotel amenities were weak and cost the hotel a star in my review.

Check out
The check-out process was timely and efficient.
I received a complete and accurate bill.

Room Tip: There is a fire department nearby. Ask for a room away from the station.
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. I will certaintly look into the areas you have highlighted.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Trinity City Hotel? Share your experiences!