“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity City Hotel

You added Trinity City Hotel to your Saves list
Trinity City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pearse Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Trinity Capital Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice hotel in a great location, very convient to the center of Dublin. Very interesting lobby with strange furniture. Rooms nicely appointed and good breakfast. Rooms very warm even with the heat off. I would recommend to anyone staying in Dublin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our lobby to be interesting. We are very fortunate that our hotel has such a unique design.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a perfect location. You are within 5-10 min walking distance of both Grafton street and O'Connell street. The room we had was a little small but very clean with a comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet is excellent offering a wide selection of foods from fruits, yoghurt, cereals and pastries, or the fry up if that's what you desire! Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. If you have a car the parking situation can be a little tricky at first. First of all the set down area outside of the hotel is usually full with buses or taxis so it's difficult to offload luggage, then get the parking permit and then park the car. Parking is around the corner from the hotel (2-3 min walk) and is at a rate of 10 euro per day. You can get a permit to last your stay, however when we first arrived we were told we had to renew the permit each day which is not the case. Our room was facing on to the street and i thought at first it was going to be noisy at night. It actually wasn't bad despite being next door to the fire station. This was my second stay at this hotel and would likely stay again for location and value for money.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. We are indeed very fortunate to have such a prime city centre location and I am delighted you enjoyed your time in Dublin.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel in the future.

Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is located a few blocks from Temple Bar Area (the Location is perfect).

The front desk personnel is a little cold with the costumers (at least is what I feel about it, very polite, but not warm at all).

It is very clean.

My bedroom wasn’t well illuminated (every bulb worked, but it wasnt enough to get a proper illumination).

Not so good, and not so bad...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. We are indeed very fortunate with our location, being less than 5 minutes walk from Grafton Street and Temple Bar.
It was disapointing to read that you found our Front Desk staff to be cold, as we regulary recieve positive feedback as to how friendly our Reception team are.

Hopefully we will have the eopportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had enjoyed myself so much last year, my partner took me to Trinity Capital for a birthday treat again this year. We both love the eccentric, beautiful, decor there, and although I live only a few minutes drive away, it feels like a real break. This time, he had purchased a special offer (from the hotel directly, not a 'deals' item)- 1 night's B&B for two, with late check-out, executive upgrade, and dinner, so we got to try out Cafe Cairo, the on-site restaurant.
Trinity Capital must really hire carefully, because every one of their service staff is helpful, friendly, and appropriately 'chatty' (by this, I mean they will exchange a bit of banter, then go away at the right time). The room was comfortable and quiet (we are both smokers, so the smoking rooms are where we choose to be, and these face an inner courtyard). I was a little hungry upon arrival, so we opted to get a snack via room service in advance of dinner. Very promptly delivered.
Dinner was really good- I had a goat's cheese souffle starter. Lovely presentation- in a slightly sweet rolled biscuit tower, with roasted beetroot garnish, and tasty, if not mind-blowing. We both had a slow-roasted pork chop with maple-pear glaze. This was served with a tasty, crispy bit of crackling. Deliciously cooked, sauce was perfect, and one portion honestly was enough for two people, though we both tried to eat it all, it was that good. He had a nice apple-blackberry crumble dessert. The meal was to come with a glass of wine each, and, although I was willing to pay for the Chardonnay I preffered over the Sauvignon Blanc included, our server checked with the manager on her own initiative and he chose to substitute instead of charge.
I will review the restaurant separately here as well.
We have breakfast in-room whenever possible, which was very good and items are listed individually on the menu (e.g. sausage, egg, fruit salad, bacon etc) I like the option to choose exactly what I want on my plate. The 2pm late checkout is very civilised!
We spent a lazy afternoon after we checked out in the cafe, having lunch and coffee and playing chess. My sliced steak salad with fried smoked cheddar was unusual and excellent. Even my partner's ham and cheese sandwich was above average :-). We were there for 4 hours and there was no sense of rush, plus service stayed attentive.

The only reason Trinity Capital isn't rated 'excellent' for this trip are minor, but to be an honest reviewer, I must include them-
The heat went off at about midnight, which was fine, the room was still warm and comfortable, but my partner had elected to have a pre-bed bath, and the hot water wasn't so hot once the heat went off. My own bath earlier in the evening was heavenly and as hot as I wanted, and the tub was a nice size.

The bedside light fixtures are a kind of 1920's look, extensor design, very cool, however, the one on my side couldn't be extended, as it needed tightening and would sort of 'flop' then.

I'm not sure if we misunderstood 'executive upgrade', but we had to pay a little extra (eu15) to get a king room with smoking allowed, as the only other option was a twin in that section. The special offer price was so good that we didn't mind this- 49.95 each for the room, B&B, dinner etc. A room there alone will often run way above that, depending on timing. (I am aware some of the executive rooms have jacuzzi's and sitting areas- I imagine that was the upgrade. Could be a reason to quit smoking ;-)

These really are minor issues, and things like the light fixture aren't noticed by cleaning staff etc unless pointed out, so I will alert management and I expect it will be seen to, because it's not the kind of place to run down.

We will return to Trinity Capital... I'm already looking forward to it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you had a delightful stay. May I thank you for pointing out the areas which require attention and I can assure you that we have looked into these already. I would also like to thank your for your email earlier in the week detailing your stay with us, I have passed this on to the relevant departments.

I look forward to having the opportuity to welcome you and your partner back to Trinity Capital Hotel in the near future, please contact me at bkennedy@trinitycapital-hotel.com to assist you with your booking.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Feb 13th to 15th 2013..After a lot of searching for the perfect hotel for our first trip to Dublin,i rang the Trinity Capital Hotel & spoke to Anne Marie,i explained that it was our first trip to Dublin & it was my partners birthday,she was a fantastic help & really made me feel welcome,just with that phone call.
We arrived on the 13th Feb a little early than check in time but we were told our room was ready,which was great,we checked in with Anne Marie who was just as fantastic & helpful as when i`d spoke with her on the phone..as we walked through the hotel to our room we were amazed at how the hotel looked,how much thought had gone into the decoration (i dont like dull drab hotels).
We stayed in the Tara rooms.Our room was just as impressive as we thought,we loved it.
All the staff were so helpful & pleasant,we asked for directions to good pubs,restaurants & shopping,all were given with a smile & "you`ve got to go here" "you`ll love it there"..The breakfasts at the hotel were excellent,with a great choice to eat & drink.
We discovered so much & loved our such short stay in this hotel & in Dublin even if the Guinness & Bud were 6 euros a pint! it was well worth it.

I arrived at the hotel with my beautiful partner & left with my beautiful fiancée.

Thank you all so much for making us welcome,we WILL be back soon (once we`ve saved enough euros for a beer heh heh)

Mike & Helen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. Many congratulations to you and your new fiancee on your engagement. We are delighted that you chose our hotel as a venue for this big step!

I will pass on your kind words to Ann Marie, her friendliness is regulary complimented by our guests, we are very fortunate to have her on our team.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you and Helen back to Trinity Capital Hotel again very soon.

Tewkesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After much internet research, I chose the Trinity for a small group of rugby enthusiasts over the Ireland v England weekend in February. From my first dealings with Dee Whelan, who could not have been more helpful or efficient, I was delighted with my selection. The decor is quite eccentric and immediately makes one smile (i specially love those huge chairs!), the staff all very helpful - and the hotel's very central position makes it ideally placed with pretty well everywhere in easy walking distance. My only gripe is that some of the lighting is really TOO dim and on the first night in our v comfortable Georgian Suite the central heating pipes had a couple of sessions hammering so loud we thought a construction team had arrived in our room! However this didn't happen the second. Night so hopefully it was just a one off. All in all, we had an excellent visit and will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was glad to hear that you and your group had an enjoyable weekend and I hope you also enjoyed the rugby!
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Dee, she is indeed an excellent member of our team.

Hopefully we will have the oppotunity to welcome you and your group back to Trinity Capital Hotel for Six Nations 2015!

hemel hempstead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at The Trinity Capital Hotel mid February for a weekend get away. On arrival we were very impressed, the hotel makes a brilliant first impression. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor and was a reasonable size with a large window and large bed (incredibly comfortable!). The room was absolutely spotless which is very important to us so we were pleased.

During our stay we visited the hotel bar a number of times and the staff were always polite and friendly, serving good quality drinks which were only a fraction more expensive then in the town (about 5 Euro). We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but the food sounded lovely. We ate at a local restaurant (Gallaher & Co Bistro) which was superb and would highly recommend.

The hotel is located five minutes from Temple Bar so no need for taxi's to find some where to drink or eat. We even walked to the Guinness Storehouse which took about half an hour.

The only downside to the hotel was its very noisy next door neighbour...the Fire station. We were woken each morning by the testing of fire engine sirens and horns which was quite disturbing! I'm sure this would not be a problem if you were up before 8, but as we were enjoying our holiday we slept in past this to be rudely awoken.

Overall a brilliant hotel and would recommend!

Room Tip: A room on the far side of the fire station.