“LUXURY without a doubt the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Dublin

You added InterContinental Dublin to your Saves list
InterContinental Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Simmonscourt Road, Dublin 4, Ireland (Formerly Four Seasons Hotel Dublin)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Royal
“LUXURY without a doubt the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Absolutely the most luxurious hotel. The staff went above and beyond my expectations, helpful in every aspect. We stayed in a suite that was perfect for our stay. The hotel is tastfully decorated, very quiet and the location was good. The restaurant and bar were very convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Kathryn S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and our staff went above and beyond in your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Robert Nolan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Enjoy a soak in the most comfy soaker tub ever. The hotel is away from the City Centre and it's quiet. The staff is ok, just not as friendly as other places in Ireland. The 12-minute cake is NOT worth it, but the dining area is pretty and picturesque. The tv is updated. Honestly though, the best part is the tub. I would have taken that home with me. SOOOOO comfy!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better views--go high and you won't regret it!
Dear Gina M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I was disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with all aspects of your stay and I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate department. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience.

I am happy to hear that overall your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from the 13th to the 16th of February. I actually grew up in Ballsbridge so it is lovely to return and to stay in a magnificent hotel near to my old family home. I much prefer to stay here than in the city centre as it is a peaceful oasis, but the transport links from Ballsbridge are fantastic. Our room was magnificent and left nothing to be desired. I showed all my family, friends and relatives when they came to see me and they all want to stay there now. The lounge has a lovely sumptuous relaxed feeling with enough privacy. The bar food is excellent and the Guinness is very much up to standard. We felt we were looked after so well, that even when my friend came to visit me and I was in my room, the manager ushered her into the lounge with a drink ordered and told her I would be down presently. I can't say enough good things about my experience here, I felt as close to royalty as I'm sure I will ever feel. Don't hesitate to book in here, you won't regret it. Oh and for all the ladies, you get beautiful L'Occitance toiletries to use in the bathroom.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in the entry level of rooms which I think is the superior and it was very...
Dear 82LAW,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the future when your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just returned from a weekend away at Four Seasons Dublin and very much enjoyed our stay. First impressions of the hotel were good- the relatively new building was a little further out of town than we'd thought but taxis were constant and so it wasn't a problem. Facilities were good too with a nice lobby bar which overlooked the gardens. Upon checking in and despite us arriving at 10am, the lady at reception found a room which was ready and so we didn't have to wait which we were very appreciative of and allowed us to get started with our weekend away. The room we had was enormous- not sure if we were perhaps given a larger room? I would say however that for a hotel that's only 13 years old, the decor in the rooms are quite tired and dated. Nothing that would affect one's stay as the rooms were spotlessly clean but perhaps they'll be due a refresh at some point soon.

The staff are fantastic and it's their attention to detail and the manner in which they make each and every customer feel the most important there that makes the four seasons such an enjoyable place to stay. Concierge were great and lent us a pushchair for the duration which proved an absolute
life saver! The hotel car chauffeur, Ron was lovely- giving us top tips on where to go in the city and what he doesn't know about where to go isn't worth knowing about!
When we called down to reception to ask what time we needed to vacate the room, we were told that as the hotel was not full, we could keep the room until we needed to leave later that evening which we were delighted about and really made a difference to our last day.

I did feel it important to mention one person, Laura, restaurant manager at our local FS Hampshire, who recommended we try her home town FS and not only made sure we were well looked after, but kindly emailed us a list of where she thought we should go and what we should try while we were in Dublin.
All in all we had an enjoyable stay and would once again recommend the FS hotels to anyone looking for an enjoyable, stress free and special break away, especially those with children as their focus on younger guests is unparalleled.
We now very much look forward to a big birthday in April at FS Firenze, Florence.

Thanks, The Bell family.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear mikeandclaireabell,

Thank you for taking to leave feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted you found your room was comfortable and large enough for your family! Most importantly it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel, thank you for your comments, I will certainly share them with the team.

I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with an enjoyable stay and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you all back in the near future. Enjoy Florence!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Once you check into this hotel you may never want to leave. The staff are superb, the rooms luxurious and the grounds are beautifully maintained. The restaurants serve a wonderful assortment of dishes and the bar is a cozy place to have a well-poured Guinness or any other drink you desire. If for some reason you decide you must leave the property, there are many fine restaurants and pubs within walking distance. If you want to venture out further, the Dart train station is only a few minutes walk and a very comfortable way to explore the area. We had a wonderful stay and i can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Craig C,

Thank you for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from you room to the dining experience and our beautiful grounds. I will be sure to share these comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Colbert, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for two nights (Feb. 9-10) which was our last hotel for our Ireland vacation. As soon as I stepped inside the hotel, I felt so at ease. We had driven from Galway and after getting lost so many times it was nice to finally find the hotel. The location was so beautiful, and staying there was great finish to our trip.don't get to stay in many upscale hotels. We took "The Dart" into the city which was not only convenient ,but easy to use. The Concierge desk was so very helpful and recommended Mulligan's Pub to eat (which was very good) and so well worth the long walk (again, we got lost). Our room was very nice, and comfortable and I loved all of the marble in the bathroom, the shower was the best. I would love to visit Ireland and Dublin again, but both of us agreed that we would NEVER HIRE a car again and drive ourselves because of the following issues: .Besides, driving on the left, (wrong side) not having street signs very visible and the narrow roads, the next time, we will come by "the big white limo" (aka Princess Cruise Line.)

Dear Barb B,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

I am really pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you after your long journey from Galway. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Colbert, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Excellent property. Stay was part of a package vacation. Rooms rather pricey if arranging stay on your own. Bus and train transportation very close by which was a plus as driving in Dublin as a foreigner is very difficult.
Excellent staff, very willing to help with any issue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Vince B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us and we would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Robert Nolan

Been to InterContinental Dublin? Share your experiences!