“From a Travel Writer - Great Residential Location in Dublin” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #8 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Denver, CO
“From a Travel Writer - Great Residential Location in Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We arrived in Dublin very early, excited that our first stop was a comfortable bed at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. Sleeping on a plane is always difficult for me, but on this trip, I found it impossible. All the Advil PM in the world wouldn’t have helped and I was exhausted. My adrenaline was about to override my sleepiness, though, as my husband tried his hand at driving on the right side of the car on the wrong side of the road.

ARRIVAL

I shouldn’t have worried as David is good at everything (including driving), and we arrived very near to the hotel without a problem. The GPS (as usual) didn’t quite hit the mark, but soon we were rounding the corner to a stately hotel with lovely landscaping. The hotel is in a residential district surrounded by beautiful homes. The sun was just rising and the green land was becoming more vivid by the minute as we pulled up to the entry. A quiet front desk agent waited in the quiet lobby with a genuine greeting. Check-in took about a minute and we were soon shown to our deluxe suite.

ROOMS

I didn’t properly see the room until I awoke nearly five hours later, well into the afternoon, but rested. The bed was heaven. David and I toured our enormous room and admired the view into the courtyard while we planned the day. I did a double-take when I saw a man sleeping on a park bench in the garden. This just isn’t something you normally see at a luxury hotel! My husband laughed and pointed out that the newspaper over the man’s face didn’t move in the breeze – it was a statue. In Irish fashion, the statues that surround the hotel are ironic and a little irreverent. I wish we had more of that in our stuffy country!

DINING

Good news - Irish hotels usually include a full Irish breakfast in the room rate! Our first morning in Ireland, we were treated to a wonderful spread of potatoes, meat, yogurt and fruit. I felt pretty adventurous and tried black and white pudding, an Irish tradition. The food was so filling, we didn’t eat again until dinner on Grafton Street.

BEYOND ROOMS

It is here that I normally talk about the spa, lounge and grounds. Unfortunately, our time was short and mostly spent in the spacious room and in Dublin. We did get the chance to take the hotel car service to town, driven by a wonderful gentleman who gave us a fantastic introduction to Dublin and general tour of the nearby embassies. I’m sorry to say the U.S. Embassy is an architectural embarrassment of epic proportions, so don’t get your hopes up in that regard.

Our driver took us to what he declared was the best shopping in Ireland on Grafton Street. He was spot on! The first place we stopped was a book shop. I am thrilled to be the only American I know who owns a copy of Marian Keyes’ book, The Mystery of Mercy Close, (besides my sis, who got it as a souvenir from us). It was thrilling to get a book in Ireland that is not yet available in the U.S! Other stores on this street include the famous European stores Brown Thomas and Top Shop. Our hard and fast rule – we don’t waste time in stores and restaurants we can visit at home. Vacation time is too short for that.

MY RECOMMENDATION

This hotel is perfect if you like a place with a residential feel, but still want to be close to city life. The beds are wonderful and the deluxe suites have a ton of space.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear TravelbyLori,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

I am really pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

1,010 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Just what you would expect from a Four Seasons. Wonderful bedlinen, good large room and bathroom, very friendly staff and for once i was able to us the beautiful spa. I shouldn't complain given i am fortunate to be able to stay in places like this but the one flip side of being what you would expect is that you could be absolutely anywhere in the world.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMFSD, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Brittravellers,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and Spa experiences, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. We strive to make each guest feel personally recognised and to offer an authentic, local experience. Please do let us know if there is anything further we may do on your next visit to make your stay a most memorable one!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

waterford city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went with my hubby for two nights. Overall a beautiful hotel worthy of its five star rating. Beautiful room. Huge bed with georgeous bed linen, feather and down pillows and quilts that were starched white. Really nice friendly staff and no snobbish elements which I loathe from some other five star hotels I have stayed in. Highly recommend to all.. A tad expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hotelitis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that the service you and your husband received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. I also appreciate your comments regarding our pricing. We strive to stay competitive with other hotels of our caliber so our guests may have the very best experience. I am happy this did not take from your overall enjoyment of our hotel and that you found our rooms to be of excellent standard.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was good and confortable, no breakfast. The bar is nice.

A beautiful experience.The bathroom was very big and the shower and jacuzzi was so relax. In the hotel you can find a very good spa,is a little expensive, but perfect if you want to visit Dublin.

Room Tip: Rooms confortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear evelynwilliams,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Spa Team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Top class service. Nice rooms. Had a couple of drinks in ice bar but very quiet so went into town for drinks and dinner. Very clean. Beautiful bathrooms. It's expensive but you would expect that from a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear DavidOHanlon79,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay with us and that you refer to us as a 'beautiful, opulent hotel!' I also appreciate your comments regarding pricing. We strive to stay competitive with other hotels of our caliber so our guests may have the very best experience. I am happy this did not take from your overall enjoyment of our hotel and that you found our guest rooms to be of excellent standard. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Season Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans bring you to Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visiting the Four Seasons hotel in Dublin is usually a great experience but unfortunately not that great today. Had a light lunch in the lounge area and while the service was as charming and professional as always, the quality of the food was not what I have come to expect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear melanie s,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am disappointed to learn that your dining experience with us did not meet your expectations. I certainly appreciate receiving your feedback and I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Team to review and improve upon this. We strive to deliver consistently in all aspects of our products and clearly we failed to do so on this occasion. It is on the other hand great to hear that the service was as charming and professional as you have come to expect from us. We will address your points with the team so that we can learn from this and ensure the highest quality dining experience is achieved each and every time you visit Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had such a delicious dinner in the Four Seasons Restaurant, I was very happily surprised as I never expect much from hotel dining rooms. Lovely fresh prawns and excellent beef coupled with first class service. A real treat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear BettyLinn,

Thank you for taking to leave feedback following your recent experience with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted that the food and beverage offerings exceeded your expectations. Most importantly it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel; thank you for your comments. I will share them with our Restaurant team.

Robert Nolan

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!