“Romantic Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Romantic Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

It's becoming a habit to stay in this hotel as a treat once a year. This time it was New Year's Eve. It's a beautiful hotel with lots of nice touches but ultimately the big selling point for me is the friendliness and service from staff. No one hotel in Ireland does it as good. I'm surprised more hotels don't adopt a similar approach.

Last time I stayed it was in a suite, this time kind we were in a standard room. The room looked refurbished since our last visit and was spotless. Bed was comfy too.

The hotel had arranged a band in the lobby area and the ICE bar had a DJ.

My only two complaints about the hotel is wifi and breakfast. Wifi is an extortionate price and they even have a two tiered pricing structure which is crazy.

Breakfast wasn't great this time round. It was poor either but it wasn't up to scratch for the €72 we paid for it. I should add that the previous time we stayed breakfast was excellent

That aside we will go back

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony4669, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear 'Improvised Travel'

Thank you sincerely for the time you've taken to send us your thoughts regarding your recent stay. The guest experience is the only true measure of our success so the feedback is valuable to the team.

All in all, it looks as though your stay went to plan which is pleasing to hear. I take on board the comments regarding internet access and also the concerns with your breakfast experience on this occasion. We'll double our efforts to make sure we get these things right for next time.

Once again, I want you to know that we appreciate the criticism (good and bad) as it helps us to improve going forward as well as motivating the team for a job well done. I do hope we'll have the opportunity to see you back very soon.

Kind regards and good wishes for 2013,

Tony Coveney
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Four Seasons Dublin now 4 times, each time for a special birthday celebration. As always, from arrival to departure you are made to feel like a VIP, examples included a birthday welcome in the room and some birthday chocolates in the Seasons restaurant.

The biggest change we saw this time was the fact the hotel felt slightly less formal, this for us made it feel even more comfortable. The prices seemed more reasonable also; a meal for 2, including wine, in the Seasons restaurant came to 150 Euro, which we felt was excellent value, no compromise on quality and service.

Another great example of how they look after their resident’s was there was a rugby match on the Saturday which meant the bar was very busy late on, they kept a few tables reserved for residents which meant we never had to wait to sit down

Make sure you find an hour to visit the pool, you often get it to yourself and its ambience is so so relaxing. Not the place for serious swimming but a great place to unwind after you have hit the shops.

Beyond the hotel we visited the Guinness Storehouse, which if I’m honest my wife didn’t want to go to but by the end of the tour she had a glass of Guinness in her hand, a great way to spend 2 hrs before heading to Grafton Street, we also ate at Il Posto on St Stephens Green, which was excellent

I have stayed in Four Seasons across Europe and North America and this is still my favorite, thanks for a great birthday weekend..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Warrington Travellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel over the christmas period arriving on Christmas eve and staying for three nights it was our first time to stay away for the festive period but from the moment we arrived everything was perfect the service was spot on the food was lovely the staff were on the ball. The rooms were well presented we ordered room service one night and it was a joy to behold. Overall it was a lovely experience so if you can go ahead and treat yourself you wont be let down.

Dear adrian I,

It was a pleasure to read such a positive review and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post it.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and we certainly hope that we can welcome you back to Four Seasons Dublin in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you want luxury and excellent service without fuss then Four Seasons is for you. Worth every penny. Rooms are lovely and beds exceptionally comfortable. Nothing is too much, staff are at every corner to assist if you need them but not intrusive. Whilst I did stay with friends the hotel certainly welcomes children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear SMHOL,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your experience during your recent stay to Four Seasons Dublin.
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business our leisure plans see you return to Dublin.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I would highly recommend the Four Seasons. I was a guest at a wedding on New Years Eve. One of the happiest times of my life because of the superb service delivered. From the moment I arrived the excellent service was evident. One of the staff protected me from a heavy downpour by providing protection under an umbrella walking from the car park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Breda C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable time with us and had such a memorable experience while you were a wedding guest on New Year's Eve. I will be sure and pass on your comments to our team, as there is no better motivator than the praise of a job well done. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have stayed in all the 5 star Hotels in Dublin and this is the best by a mile..

The staff are always courtious. The rooms are luxourious, spacious and spotless. The food is always as requested and the whole experience is as stress free as staying in a hotel can be..

If I say anymore complimentary things about, they will think im a member of staff!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMFSD, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear bga284,

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future

Robert Nolan
We certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I spent a night in the Four Seasons in the period between Christmas and New Year. This was to celebrate our wedding anniversary which had occurred earlier in the month.

Upon arrival we parked in the barriered car park. The sight of the valet parked cars was a wonder in itself, so many Rolls Royce, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche cars all parked up. A sign on the way in advised that €18 parking per 24 hours would be charged.

Check in was friendly and effiicient and we were accompanied to the lift by the staff member who checked us in.

Our room was beautiful. The bed was super king sized and very comfortable. The view wasn't much but that might be to do with the time of year rather than what we looked out over. Large bathroom with separate toilet, L'Occitane toiletries.

The leisure facilities were very good. I felt the changing room / sauna / steam area was more impressive than the pool / jacuzzi. The pool area is still very nice though although not as good as that in a hotel such as the Slieve Donard but I suppose the Four Seasons is in a city where space is at a premium.

My wife was hungry when we came back in in the evening and we went to the bar beside reception. She ate and I had a pint. Her food was top quality. Really tasty. The Guinness was of a high quality too. Better than in many of the pubs in Dublin. We also got olives / snacks at the bar.

I had expected to pay €18 for parking upon checkout but was advised that this was free, which delighted me.

Negatives? Wifi is not free. €13 for a slow speed wifi or €25 for high speed per day. I appreciate that a lot of people stay at the Four Seasons and money is no object but for many people €25 makes it unaffordable. For me it was cheaper to pay data roaming to my mobile operator and tether my phone to my laptop. Also, we were offered a choice of Financial Times or Irish Times for the next morning. I chose Irish Times but did not get one. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be hung off the door or should I collect it somewhere.

Still, it was a great visit. The hotel is a wonderful building with beautiful rooms but what puts it a step above the rest is the staff.

Dear 'Smick',

Thank you sincerely for the very comprehensive review of your stay over the Christmas period. All in all it looks as though you had a great time and congratulations again on your anniversary. I hope we were able to create some lasting memories for you and your wife.

I take on board the comments regarding the internet charge and the newspaper. It looks like we dropped the ball there. Needless to say, your feedback is valuable to us and we'll make sure to share it with those who work on the front line. The guest experience is the only true measure of our success so thank you again for the time you have taken to share these observations with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,
Tony Coveney
Director of Rooms

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!