“Great Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Dublin

You added Ibis Dublin to your Saves list
Ibis Dublin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cow Roundabout | Monastery Road, off Naas Road, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #81 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
France
“Great Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

A special thank you to all the staff who are doing their best to please the guest. They are very friendly and helpful.
I'll be back......

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Situation
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I have to say the road works outside the hotel makes it difficult to get there, but as soon as I walked in I had very friendly stuff, helping me in every way. They organized a taxi, my online check n for the following day, and could answer all the questions I had about the sights in Dublin and surrounding....
As I did not have a lot of time, the Ladie behind the desk advised me to a small tour to make sure I will see everything I wanted...

The rooms are newly renowated with Flat screen tv and all tiny extras...

Loved and enjoyed my stay so much that I already booked another one...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Bourges, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I really like the hotel. The location is nice because the luas is not far from the hotel and then you are around 20mn from O'Connell street. The breakfast is a real Irish breakfast and you can help yourself as much as you want. The housekeepings are friendly and ask if you're enjoying your stay. The receptionnists are great and really help get around town. I particularly remember the Irish lady with dark hair. Overall the hotel is particularly fit to welcome families.

MB, Bourges

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Great Hotel especially for the rate that is available on their own website!. We were given a room with 2 double bed, excellent for a family with small kids. Will return!

Stayed December 2008
Roma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

I stayed in Dublin with a little group of friends (4 in total) last november for a week.
Me i stayed already there in the same hotel 2 years ago (summer 2007) and I have to say that I had a very good impression seeing that the hotel was renewed and refurbished... everything new and everything so nice!

Even if we found a new style at the hotel, something remained the same as I knew my first time in Dublin 2 years ago and that are courtesy, happyness, great irish breakfast buffet and friendly staff (from reception to housekeeping to restaurant to head of department). I was so surprised once i was going out from my room and meeting a person of maintenance smiling at me and asking "How are you?" (is not so common to find so friendly places).

Location is good. You need to take a bus from the airport to the city centre (the 31 or 34... i don't remember) and then the tramway "Luas" to "Red Cow" stop that is about 300 meters from the hotel for a total amount of roughly 4,00 euro. Then if you take the Airport Express Bus (748 or 747... not so sure about the 2 numbers, but something similar) the cost arrives to 9,00 euros more or less... not that bad also!

A.P.
Rome - Italy

• Liked — Bigger rooms than usual Ibis; food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I had booked a special online rate for myself and two freinds, the conditions of this rate was that payment was taken at the time of booking, and that the booking was non refundable.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were informed that payment wasn't actually taken, despite me having the printed confirmation with me. The questions we put to them was to ask why the booking still existed, and more importantly why was I not contacted about this - I had arrived in a foreign country, with no cards and just enough money to last me.

The reception staff were rude and couldn't care less, they refused to offer any explanations and simply asked for payment. As luck would have it a freind had his card so I was able to pay, however if he hadn't we may have been stranded on a freezing night.

After returning home and checking my statements I can confirm that payment was taken at the time of booking, so we have now been charged twice for our stay. I have contacted Ibis about the situation but have still yet to receive a reply.

I was supposed to be in Dublin for a concert but the experience really put a downer on what was otherwise a top weekend in a lovely city.

This isn't the first problem I have had at an Ibis but I am going to make sure it is my last as I certainly won't be staying at one again.

• Liked — There was nothing
  • Disliked — The service and treatment by staff.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Be extremely aware booking online for this hotel. My friend booked for a group of us back in March and got a special discounted internet rate. After booking, it was discovered that payment for this type of deal was taken at the time.

We arrived Saturday to book in only to be told that the card had been declined at the time of booking and an email had been sent out. No such email was received. Also, we were told the booking would then have been cancelled at that time but strangely we were then told the reservation was still active else we'd have to pay a higher rate for the rooms!! We argued payment had been taken but they were most unhelpful and thankfully I had my card to take payment off else we'd have been out in the freezing cold with nowhere to stay!

My friend has contacted his bank today and payment was indeed taken without a problem and he is now trying to get our money back. Ibis are supposed to have a satisfaction guaranntee, anything not sorted within 15 minutes is free, will be interesting if this applies to this situation.

There no way we will stay at any Ibis again, the last time was at Wembley London and that had a smelly toilet and crumpled towels and torn bed-linen! At last this time we didn't experience anything like that but enough is enough! We could have been stranded and the hotel was totally unsympathetic.

Stayed November 2008

Been to Ibis Dublin? Share your experiences!