“Pleasant and affordable - couldn't ask for more!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Dublin

You added Ibis Dublin to your Saves list
Ibis Dublin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cow Roundabout | Monastery Road, off Naas Road, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #89 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Pleasant and affordable - couldn't ask for more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at the Ibis hotel in Red Cow for 4 nights on a leisure from England. I'd never been abroad before and never stayed in an Ibis either, so was a bit nervous because I am severely partially sighted.

I had nothing to worry about. The staff at the hotel were very helpful with my disability. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant was so friendly and I really enjoyed my stay. I didn't have much to tip so I left the staff in the restaurant a note and the last of my euros,I hope they appreciated it.

The room was nice, if a little poorly sound-proofed. There was a humming coming from somewhere which took a bit of getting used to but after that I slept well. The last night was ruined a bit by a large group of teenage boys staying in the same corridor as me and running around in the corridors, but boys will be boys - they were only having fun and probably didn't even know I was in the same area as them.

Overall, a fantastic stay. Thank you Ibis for this reasonably prices and well presented friendly hotel :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind and complimentary words regarding your recent stay here at the ibis Dublin hotel. We do value all our customers feedback and will pass on your comments to our staff. I am sorry you were disturbed by other young guests however sometimes we cannot be accountable for individuals behaviour and as you say 'boys will be boys'. We do hope you visit us again soon for an even more pleasant stay.

Sharon Hoyte
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have to confess that the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because I needed to maintain the status of Accor Loyalty card and this is the only hotel in Ireland that is a member of the Accor chain.

If you've stayed at an Ibis before, there aren't any surprises. Basic, clean rooms at a reasonable price. It isn't the prettiest hotel in the nicest location with lots to do in the area, but if your main concern is cost it is not a bad option. There is a Dublin Coach stop that will take you to/from the airport nearby and the Red Cow Luas stop is there as well. It's about a 30 minute ride into the city centre and the service is frequent enough. If you want to go to the Guinness Storehouse, get off at the St James's stop and walk from there.

For some retail therapy, you can take the Dublin Coach bound for Limerick to Kildare Village, a designer outlet, about 40 minutes from the Red Cow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your good comments about the hotel.
As a loyal customer I am please to see your enjoyed your last stay and we hope to see you again in a near future. Thank you for the information left for new csutomers.
Kind regards
Ibis Hotel Dublin West
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Probally close to my 10th stay at this Hotel and once again I have had a pretty good experience from the two very helpfull ladies at reception and the lady taking care of the catering at breakfast.
The Hotel is ideally located for people like us who want some place to stay when visiting Dublin from the country from it being so close to the Redcow LUAS stop and the fact that you can, if you want; park your car in the IBIS car park for €2 per day even if you are not staying at the Hotel.
The room was in good order however there was one problem which was a bad leak through the window in room no: 309 (a point which I forgot to mention on check out) which was so bad on the night of our stay that it had wet the carpet to within 3 feet of the window as there was strong winds on the night of our stay. The breakfast was properly cooked and good value and from looking around the resturant on the day I would think that that there was a general level of satisfaction among the other guests as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guests,
This is with great pleasure I am receiving those good commenst about your last stay. Thank you for the information about the location of the hotel, the Luas Tram. Just to say the Car park is free of charge, unless you would leave your car for the day.
I will pass on your commenst to the team.
KInd regards
Ibis Hotel Dublin
derby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

A party of 4 of us stopped here Saturday the 14th December. Rooms ever clean and the young lady on the reception was very nice, sorted us out taxis to Dublin and then to the airport this morning and being near the tram system is always a plus. Very disappointing stay tho as we booked the hotel as we usually use Ibis hotels when we go on rugby trips. We checked on the website to make sure they had a bar and that it was 24 hours and even before we went into Dublin to watch the match as we was waiting for a taxi have a pint we asked if infant the bar is 24 hour and we was told it was. We arrived back at the hotel around 11 and got a first drinks in and decided to order some food and although the panini was burnt on the bottom they did the job and the soup and nachos we're really nice. Soon after eating are party of 4 was joined by three other people and we was starting to make a bit of a night of it only to be told that we had 20 minutes to order a more drinks. We all questioned this and was informed that the member of staff finished at 12:30 and that we wasn't allowed anymore drinks. This put a stop to are night very early and ruined it really because we would have stopped in the centre for a couple more hours. If you website states it's 24 hour bar and the staff say it is then that is what we should get as it's what we paid for. So despite it's being good value, clean and near the tram I would not recommend stopping here and would more than likely not use ibis again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am extremely sorry if you had the understanding that the bar was open 24/24. Our bar close at Midnight. A quiete night is what our guests are expecting at Ibis hotel.
KInd regards,
Ibis Hotel Dublin

Been to Ibis Dublin? Share your experiences!