“stay well away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Waterford, Ireland
“stay well away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

went there with my wife and two kids easter weekend 2014 i would highly recommend people to stay well away from this hotel it is not one bit family friendly staff need to go on a customer service course and management not one bit friendly .Got there on saturday evening checked in and booked our table for something to eat that evening .we went down to the restaurant placed our order starter was fine but when came to main course different story .I asked for steak with chips and onion rings which was on the menu but got fried onions so i asked the waitress about the onion rings i was told that we dont serve onion rings but the person beside me and across from me were eating them.So i called the restaurant manager and asked him what was going on so i was given them at the end of my main course not even an apology was given and the waitress told us a bare face lie.We also had to complain about our room there was an absolute disgusting smell in our room it wasnt clean.When we went to complain the manager told us to sit in the lobby to investigate the smell and disappeared for ages.The two reception girls were the only ones that helped got us a different room there was no offer of any help to move our luggage or belongings to the other room 2 floors down. When we put in a complaint with the general manager they offered us to stay in the hotel for 2 nights and i said "under no circumstances would i go back in their hotel to stay because it was not clean". I would have liking half of my money back but they didnt offer any refunds and there was no wifi in the rooms its also advertised free wifi but there is non.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GreenIsleTeam, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for posting your views of your stay at the Green Isle Hotel.

I have examined them carefully and discussed them with the relevant members of my team. While I appreciate that we did not live up to your standards on this occasion I can assure you that our staff members in the hotel have now a continuous training programme in their relevant departments and are supervised by senior staff at all times.

We endeavour to provide our guests with the best possible experience and from your review it is evident that on this occasion that was not the case. I hope that should you be in Dublin again that you would give us the opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality and customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at john.gavin@greenislehotel.com to arrange a stay.

John Gavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Antrim, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days over Easter week. We had a deal with 2 nights B&B, 1 evening meal and tickets to Dublin Zoo included in the price and it was excellent value.

The pool was very popular with our kids and the rooms were big, but the Wifi signal was poor.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, except for one person who could do with a refresher course on dealing with the public.

It was a bit odd to me that there was no clock in the room. The picture quality on the TV was poor and the remote control was a little temperamental and you had to hold it at a certain angle to get it to work.

Our room was very warm and on the second night I ended up sleeping above the covers with both windows open. Luckily our room faced onto the courtyard, so noise wasn't a big problem with the windows open. Maybe it's a bit much to expect air conditioning in a 3-star hotel in Dublin where it probably wouldn't get used that much, but the heat of the room did affect my sleep.

Also, the extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work. It's an internal room with no windows, so the smell from changing a 2-year-old's nappies hung around the bathroom longer than we would have liked.

I would certainly consider staying here again on a similar kind of deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard, as traffic noise in the ones facing the motorway could be an is...
Dear Mark

Thank you for posting your kind views of your stay at the Green Isle Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. It was also nice to hear that your children enjoyed the swimming pool.

We are currently upgraded our WiFi offering in the hotel and should be finished all areas in the coming weeks.

I note your kind comments about our staff in general and can assure you that all staff members in the hotel undergo a continuous training programme in their relevant departments and are supervised by senior staff at all times.

I have discussed the issues in your hotel room with our maintenance manager and we will endeavour to rectify them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Green Isle Hotel again in the near future.

Regards
Castleisland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Just back after two nights stay in a family room two adults and 3 kids, room was very clean and big, staff were fantastic and helpful, had bar food one night and dinner the next food was great and loads of it, breakfast both morning plenty of it, have stayed before and will be back again, pool was a big hit with the kids, just two small things wi fi didn't work in room which kids were disappointed with over having their iPads and could do with more channels on the tv, thanks for a great too days great value for money see ye in a few months

• Stayed April 2014
GreenIsleTeam, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Mandyk28

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I welcome your very positive feedback about our staff and facilities as we continually seek to improve our customer experience. Great also to hear that you enjoyed the food on both nights and mornings of your stay.
Thank you for the information re WiFi and be assured that this is something which will be rectified over the coming days.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to the Green Isle Hotel over the coming months.

Best wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Love this hotel, had an absolute great time there Easter Sunday, the Fawlty Towers show was fantastic, food was out of this world and we meet up with some great people, and not to mention the staff they could not do enough to make sure our stay was enjoyable and to be remembered until we return again in the summer. I would recommend this hotel as it has everything you need for stay. It makes all the difference when the staff are so nice and have no problem helping you out with your needs. We will be back soon.
Jackie B.B

Dear Jackie b

I am grateful to you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I welcome your very positive feedback especially about our staff, food and entertainment.
It is very encouraging to read positive feedback regarding the staff going the extra mile for our guests, as this is very much a culture we are striving to adapt within the team here at The Green Isle Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I am not normally one to write reviews good or bad but I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel that I felt I had to note my compliments. I have stayed in all of the hotels in Clondalkin area in the past year and can definitely say this hotel is by far the best. I think the make or break aspect of any business is its staff and I have to say from the receptionist to the bar staff, waitresses to housekeeping every staff member I came into contact with so helpful, friendly and pleasant to deal with. For me, that is the mark of a great hotel. My room was huge, quiet, spotless and very comfortable with a very comfy bed. My only suggestion would be that the bar and restaurant area is huge. I think if it were more clearly sectioned and defined it would make for a better bar atmosphere and also a better feel to the restaurant also so that you feel like you are actually eating in a restaurant not a pub. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GreenIsleTeam, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Nicola M

I am grateful to you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I welcome your very positive feedback about our staff and facilities as we continually seek to improve our customer experience.
I accept your comments about our bar and assure you that this is something which we are continuously attempting to improve.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to the Green Isle Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

waterford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Spent two nights here and would not come back. Room was cold, even with heating turned up to the last, beds were uncomfortable, receptionist was useless to get us a taxi, only good thing was the food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We recently had a family function for a 90th birthday,we should have had it four weeks earlier but the birthday boy got ill and we had to cancel,this was no problem for the hotel they rearranged everything.On the night food was excellent and the staff were very helpful and the breakfast great

Room Tip: Family rooms are value for money
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Green Isle Hotel? Share your experiences!