“suitable for all your needs.” 5 of 5 stars

Green Isle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naas Road | Newlands Cross, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #129 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“suitable for all your needs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Love this hotel, had an absolute great time there Easter Sunday, the Fawlty Towers show was fantastic, food was out of this world and we meet up with some great people, and not to mention the staff they could not do enough to make sure our stay was enjoyable and to be remembered until we return again in the summer. I would recommend this hotel as it has everything you need for stay. It makes all the difference when the staff are so nice and have no problem helping you out with your needs. We will be back soon.
Jackie B.B

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GreenIsleTeam, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Jackie b

I am grateful to you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I welcome your very positive feedback especially about our staff, food and entertainment.
It is very encouraging to read positive feedback regarding the staff going the extra mile for our guests, as this is very much a culture we are striving to adapt within the team here at The Green Isle Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards

John Gavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I am not normally one to write reviews good or bad but I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel that I felt I had to note my compliments. I have stayed in all of the hotels in Clondalkin area in the past year and can definitely say this hotel is by far the best. I think the make or break aspect of any business is its staff and I have to say from the receptionist to the bar staff, waitresses to housekeeping every staff member I came into contact with so helpful, friendly and pleasant to deal with. For me, that is the mark of a great hotel. My room was huge, quiet, spotless and very comfortable with a very comfy bed. My only suggestion would be that the bar and restaurant area is huge. I think if it were more clearly sectioned and defined it would make for a better bar atmosphere and also a better feel to the restaurant also so that you feel like you are actually eating in a restaurant not a pub. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GreenIsleTeam, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Nicola M

I am grateful to you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I welcome your very positive feedback about our staff and facilities as we continually seek to improve our customer experience.
I accept your comments about our bar and assure you that this is something which we are continuously attempting to improve.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to the Green Isle Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

John Gavin
waterford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Spent two nights here and would not come back. Room was cold, even with heating turned up to the last, beds were uncomfortable, receptionist was useless to get us a taxi, only good thing was the food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We recently had a family function for a 90th birthday,we should have had it four weeks earlier but the birthday boy got ill and we had to cancel,this was no problem for the hotel they rearranged everything.On the night food was excellent and the staff were very helpful and the breakfast great

Room Tip: Family rooms are value for money
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We found this hotel on line whilst looking for places to stay as a 9 member Hen Party over the St Patrick's Day period and we are so happy with this hotel.

We had 3 family rooms and everything was fabulous.

Upon arrival as you can imagine we were all very excited, we were informed our rooms were not together but the receptionist asked for us to give her 5 minutes to make a few changes and she placed us all together! We had rooms 176, 179 & 185.

We also booked a table within the restaurant for 30 minutes time and well... the food was amazing! The portions were big and the taste was lovely, well worth the money, although I found it was of a reasonable price.

Our rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels along with tea/coffee facilities. We did ask if were possible to have more milk as we love our tea and they couldn't be happier to bring us a carrier bag full of tea and milk! :-) (thank you!)

We found the breakfast was amazing and for 10 euros you could have unlimited everything including tea and coffee! :-)

One evening we came home around mid night and met a male receptionist and he mentioned we could order in if we were hungry and helped us order a pizza to our room! This was very nice of him to help.

Overall, the place was great, the rooms were great, one thing was with the light in 179 that it kept flickering like we were in a disco lol.. but I am not leaving a bad review over a light!

The spa was very relaxing, with the gym, massage pool, Steam room & swimming pool was the perfect way to unwind Monday morning before the St Patrick's Day antics!

VERY happy. Service was 110% fantastic and thanks to everyone there for having us.

Room Tip: There were 9 of us, so 3 family rooms was fantastic for us. & they were close together. 2 rooms...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I did not stay at this hotel. However, I played a poker tournament here recently. Usually, at an event like this, the food served to players at the break is pretty poor. However, the food at the Green isle hotel was delicious. I am not a carvery fan, yet the carvery here was delicious. Definitely one of the best carve rise I've ever had and it was piping hot! Incidentally, I got the pork with Apple sauce. Delicious. The bar staff were also extremely kind and professional and charged my phone, along with others, without any fuss. The Guinness was excellent too which is always a help! There was a visible managerial presence and I just got the impression that the place was run very well.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked an overnight stay with lidl breaks very good value for money. Our check in was handled very well by Stacey, we couldn't manage our card key and she came to our room and
helped us out.
Our room (181) was spacious but it was very tired looking. During the night our rad made banging noises we thought it was someone banging on the window therefore we all ended up awake very early Saturday morning. while we waited for the lift we noticed used paint trays left under the stairs.
Our food was lovely dinner and breakfast top marks to the kitchen.
I would certainly stay here again but I would request a room on the lefthand side of the hotel the rooms appeared fresher. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the right hand side of the hotel are old and tired....we saw used paint trays left under th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Green Isle Hotel? Share your experiences!