“There are better options down the road, literally!” 1 of 5 stars

Green Isle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naas Road | Newlands Cross, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #128 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“There are better options down the road, literally!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staff are very friendly.
Breakfast was all you could eat; cereals, fruit salads, breads & toasts, fried "Irish" breakfast, brewed coffee and tea.

We booked this hotel because they have a kiddie pool and steam room. But we were informed that the leisure centre closes at 5.30 on Saturdays - so absolutely no use to us!
I had emailed them to let them know we had 3 children travelling with us, and needed an extra bed.
We arrived early on Saturday afternoon (2.30pm), in order to arrange the extra "camping bed". When we got to our room it was freezing cold - the latches on both windows were broken off and the windows could not be closed. So we asked for another room, and asked for the extra bed to be set up there.
We then went off for the day.
When we returned there was a terrible smell in the second room - cigarette smoke mixed with something else!! We again asked to be moved to another room (btw Mary at reception was brilliant!). But as it was now so late there was no chance of getting the extra camping bed as they had all be allocated to other guests. This, despite repeatedly asking for it VERY EARLY in the day. The housekeeper pushed 2 beds together for the 3 children to sleep in.

There was 1 towel in the bathroom of this room, despite it being a "family room".

I couldn't log on to use the broadband in our room.

My advice: go the extra 500 metres and stay in Bewleys for the same price. Cleaner, warmer, quieter and the sofa in their rooms pulls out for that extra child's bed.

The Louis Fitzgerald is a further 300mtrs beyond that, and the Moran's Red Cow is about 1 km further again. Any of these will do a better job than this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for a week in March as we were over to celebrate St Patricks Day in Dublin. The hotel was nice and clean, and the staff were friendly as soon as you walked in. We were also able to park in a secure car park located at the hotel so we were very pleased about that too! The only downside of our trip was the fact that we were woken up by some kind of pipe/boiler noise at around 6am every single morning. It was ridiculously loud and lasted for about 10-15 minutes each time. Our room was nice however there was a big patch of damp on the ceiling which should of really been seen to beforehand by a member of staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Hi my name is Kay, I stayed here on the 27th to the 28th I flew in from London with my 3 young boys to surprise a relation and hid here for 1 night, the hotel itself is nice good food, great location with a city centre bus link outside and of course completely buggy friendly!there was 1 or 2 problems small things like no kettle or the hall from the elevator being slightly cold nothing worth complaining over but the one thing that stood out was the customer care I received on the morning of the 28th with 3 small kids it was extremely hard to keep them settled whilst holding my youngest on my lap as u can emagin they were running riot it was when a young waitress with a name tag Katherine noticed my struggle she came over shortly after had a chat with my 2 boys gave them some crayons and paper and asked if they would colour her a picture she then disappeared and came back with a highchair smiled at me and said she had a young sister she new all the tricks, this gesture meant the boys were distracted so I could feed Charlie and Evan grab a bit myself i never got a chance to thank this girl or credit her to a member of management as a customer care worker I appreciate praise as well as complaints. All in all a successfully family location to stop at.

• Stayed February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having visited this hotel in the past I was invited back for a family get together and I must say I was not impressed. We were here for a Sunday lunch and for value for money it was poor. No beef available at 2pm so choices were limited to turkey and ham, fish and one other dish. Service was slow with only one chef on duty and had to wait to pay as till was unattended. Prices here are average for food but quality is low. The bar area is quite good but again service is low. Overall not great but then again I may not be back for some time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel was suitable for business events, school tours travells, familys, couples and individuals. There was a complete feeling of safety for the children and they really enjoyed the lesuire centre. We all had an excellent sleep and enjoyed a relaxing breakfast. The location was excellent being just 5 min to the Red Cow where we caught the Luas straight in to the Concert we had gone to Dublin to attend. Would definetly go back to this hotel and would advise anyone who wanted to take the stress out of travelling to the Capital to stay there. The Duty manager Joseph is most professional, helpfull, obliging and will accomadate you to have a pleasant stay, the lesuire centre staff were accomadating and helpful, thr receptionists were kind and helpful and the cleaning staff were obliging. overall this hotel is equipped for all types of events as I witnessed the smooth running of many different groups of peoples while there 50 or so teenagers all under supervision, business events, demonstrations, familys, couples and I myself had 3 children who enjoyed there stay. Thanks for all your help, advice and directions and for takingthe stress out of my trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because we had a voucher. Room was huge. Tv was at other side of room a strain to watch it while in bed. We only had breakfast there it was ok. Overall the hotel seemed very clean. Had to drive to park and ride to get to luas. Bar was very quiet few locals in from houses across the road. Hotel had no atmosphere more a business hotel and I guess that's where more of their business comes from. We had no major issues with the hotel we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I really enoyed my stay at the Hotel ,the food was excellent and the service was great. I would like to mention a few members of staff, one being the bar maid, I think her name was Natasha, she was friendly and recommened good places to go and how we could get into town etc. I will recommend your hotel to friends and my family, thanks again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Green Isle Hotel? Share your experiences!