“Nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naas Road | Newlands Cross, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #129 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed in here with 10 others for a Christmas Party on Saturday 3rd December. On arrival check-in was quick & easy and the man who checked us in was very attentive & welcoming. Our room on the second floor was plenty big for the 2 of us. There were 2 single beds, with lockers, writing desk & another small table and armchair. It was clean, spacious & alot of wardrobe/storage space. As it was a "Vegas Christmas Night" package our whole time was spent in the function room.The food, service, band & DJ were well worth the money spent. One down side to our room (the hotel can't be faulted however) was we faced the N7 road which on a Saturday evening is very busy. Our room was too warm but with the noise from the road opening the window wasn't an option. We also were not aware that check out was 11am (we presumed it was 12) so we got a knock on the door at about 11.20am asking us to vacate the room. Two of our party stayed on the 3rd floor & on returning from breakfast (at approx 11.10am) found that their swipe keys had been de-activated. I do think the check out should be extended to 12 noon. Most of the rooms also have a (locked) door that allows for neighbouring rooms to become ajoining. This however meant we could hear the drunk people in the room next to us who unfortunately stayed up until 6am talking/fighting. Overall the hotel is clean, welcoming, well equipped & the staff were great.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Letterkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I attended a course at the Green Isle hotel in Nov and stayed night in hotel on 25th Nov.I was overwhelmed by the absolutely excellent standard of customer service afforded to me and the other participants on the course by ALL the staff members that we encountered at the Green Isle Hotel. It made the whole event and my stay very enjoyable. The staff are a credit to the hotel and I find it difficult to understand other reviews that complain about staff as I did not encounter anything but really good customer service by mature staff members.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Carlow, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

hotel staff not very friendly. bedrooms very very cold, no mattress protector on beds. food not that nice. service very slow. i stayed in the old part of the hotel and to say it was dingy , unkept, and lacked hospitality is an understatement. i sent an email complaining bit received no reply. no toiletries in bathroom except for 2 small bars of soap.

Room Tip: check out rooms before paying or accepting.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
GreenIsle1, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear WINNIETHE POOH195254
Thank you for your recent review. I am greatly concerned as to the negative experience one of our customers had. If I may ask you to please contact our hotel directly so I can further investigate the detail of your stay, and I will try and resolve these issues.
Regards
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here last weekend.When we got to the room the stains on the carpet and fag burn on the throw,there was also a fag burn on the table and the light fixture was broken. we complained and they came and changed the throw and the light.I wasnt happy with how it was dealt with. But over all the staff in the pool were so friendly and helpfull.loved you could pay a little extra and stay till 2

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011 via mobile

Happy to see they've done a little spring clean in the food area. Enjoyed a lovely breakfast last week & got a lovely welcome & fantastic service by Rodger & Tara

• Stayed October 2011
Dear sarahsCORK
Many thanks for your feedback – we will endeavor to continue the good work. Roger & Tara were delighted to be mentioned in such a positive light. We hope to see you again soon.
northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Myself, my partner and my 8 year old son have just had a 3 night stay in the Green Isle Hotel. We all had a brilliant time and will return for another weekend early next year.
Before I went I read mixed reviews on here so I was a bit worried but it seems some of the previous issues have been sorted.
We went ot the swimming pool evey day and the policy on charging for towels has been changed, free towels and you can use the hotel towels if you wish. You will have to wear a swimming cap so either bring your own or purchase one at the hotel for €3. It seems a bit strange but I've been told it is standard practice to wear swimming caps in Southern Ireland pools. I must mention that my partner was particulaly impressed with the hairdryers in the changing rooms saying that they were far better than her own, a blatant hint for xmas me thinks!
Although I didn't get a chance to use the gym I did have a nosey and it is a good set up. Plenty of machines and free weights to keep the body in shape.
With our stay we were entitled to a free meal which we had on the first night. The food was of a very high standard and because we enjoyed it we ate there the second night too. Booking is a must at weekends, even for residents, as the restaurant is popular. The breakfasts in the morning was typical of a all good irish hotels, a brilliant start to the day.
The rooms were clean tidy and perfectly ok. No wow factor but not disappointing either.
On the sunday there was a fancy dress party for children on in the hotel. Disco, balloons, face painting and prizes laid on for the kids staying in the hotel. My weeman had a ball. We will be going next Halloween again!

If I'm being picky a couple of things I noticed was that a couple of my plates from the restaurant were chipped. After speaking to a couple of other families staying I was told that the noise from the function room kept them up on saturday night. It didn't effect us as we were at the other end of the hotel but if you are staying with young children ask for your room to be away from the function rooms.

Room Tip: If staying as a family ask for your room to be away from the function rooms. Also there is a fantast...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear wmccahon
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are continuing to improve our services and customer experience, and we are delighted you have enjoyed your stay, and very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Regards
Radstock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I was a bit worried about going to this hotel because of some of the bad reviews, but found it to be very nice. We went here for The Irish Steel Guitar Festival.The rooms were clean and comfortable and our room had a large really comfortable bed. The bad thing was the view, the air conditioning system . But wasn't in the room much so it didnt really bother us.The staff were really friendly. Food was lovely-large portions, but I supose better too much than not enough. Breakfast was help yourself which was good as you could have as much or as little as you wanted. Waiters and waitress's were friendly and helpfull. Would use this hotel again, but maybe ask for a room with abetter view. Will hopefully be going here again next year to the 2012 Steel Guitar Festival.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesnt over look the air conditioning.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Chapmans77
Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming the festival back next year. Your kind words are appreciated.
Many thanks
Declan Bowe

Been to Green Isle Hotel? Share your experiences!