“Fine !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fine !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Think I must have been staying in a different hotel to others because I can honestly say we enjoyed it . We were there for Irish Dancing competition so place was buzzing . Staff managed to cope really well . They were all pleasant and efficicient especially our waiters and tall blonde chap at check-in . Room was spacious and pleased to say very clean . Food was tasty and plentiful . Corridors had a clean fresh smell .We even had a huge fridge . View was ok we looked out over main entrance . Good value for money would stay again .

• Stayed April 2011
Green_Isle_Hotel, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear hels000,

Thank you for your very kind review.

In particular I would like to thank you for recognising the restaurant and reception staff members.

We are very pleased that you had a good experience with us and that you would stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Eddie Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I arrived here on the Monday where I was greated by a receptionist, who, to be fair, was quite helpfull and professional. (If I recall correctly is name was Tim). However, after booking for 3 nights at €89 for a room/night, I am sorry I have agreed to staying here.

Attempting to book room service is a joke in itself. It took me about an hour to get through to the room service (I assume to be the restaurant) people on the first night to book room service. The meal I ordered was less than desirable. My second night attempting to book room service was even worse than the first, being put on hold for 15 minutes (after approximatly 10 minutes of being passed between the receptionist and room service) only to be hung-up by the person in room service. Eventually the receptionist took my order as she could not get hold of anyone as well (another 45 minutes of trying to place an order). I'm still waiting to see what time the food arrives (I'm writing this as I wait).

I still have to go through this another night.

The room itself is right next to the N7 and can hear the traffic all night long. The room is definatley not worth €89 per night.

Broadband is available, however, you need to bring your own cat5 cable with to plugh your device in, or else you need to sit in the lobby to access the wireless (i've not tried the wireless in the lobby)

TV in the room doesnt work, I need to push a pen in to the power button to turn it on, remote doesnt work, and the volume buttons dont respond on the tv itself.

Granted, my room is clean, however, the furniture is not well maintained, I'm sitting here looking at the headboard and side table that has several cigarette burns in it :/

At the end of the day, you are certainly better of sleeping in your car.

This is my first, and last time, in this hotel, and I will certainly not be recommending it to my worste enemy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Green_Isle_Hotel, General Manager at Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Asgaroth077,

I am sorry about the series of incidents during your stay with us that negatively impacted your experience at The Green Isle Hotel.

I wish that I had the opportunity to meet you in person before you departed so I could have rectifed most of the problems you encountered.

I am the newly appointed General Manager at this Hotel and all of your feedback will be constructively used.

Kind regards,

Eddie Sweeney
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

After we arrived, we were "welcomed" by a snottish receptionist, which was apparently really happy that she works there. After some time (with no guidance) we finally found the elevator and were surprised that out of two, only one was working. Than we were running down the corridor from one end to the other for a while. We found our room only by counting the numbers on other doors, as our room didnt have a number plate on it (!!!!) and It looked more like a closet door, because it was right next to the elevator. We just threw our bags in and went downstairs for a dinner, because after the long journey, we were starving. And this is where it all went even worse. My friend was recovering from illness at the time, so she wasnt allowed to eat anything fried, deep-fried or fatty. She ended up having a coffee, while I ordered Chicken wrapped in bacon with roasted potatoes. When I wanted to cut the chicken, I simply couldnt. It was rock hard. Throw this piece of bird into a crowd of people and you will sure kill someone with it! I managed to cut into it, using some primaeval mans technique. I ate half of it. I shouldnt have... after that I spent few hours sitting in the main lobby, thinking if Im gonna get sick now, or later, or now? I was sure that the chicken was just a warmed up leftover from the lunch time. Meanwile my friend wanted to go to sleep, but the receptionist didnt wanted to give us a second key. After a period of time with some diplomatic negotiations we succeeded aquiring a second key! Few hours later, I was still in the same state of agony, so I decided to go to the bathroom and deal with the contents of my stomach myself, but my stomach was still in a horrible pain. I thought a pint of lager might fix it, so we went to the bar. The bar smelled of stale, spilt beer with a hint of sick. That havent made me feel well... I simply resigned and went to bed. Than I remember getting up in the middle of the night and getting sick again... The best part of my stay was walking out the front door in the morning. Never again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We booked this hotel last min and didnt arrive till 11pm, our rm window was boarded up and no phone, lights didnt work and ceilings were very damaged, i complained and the second rm we got had a terrible smell of cigarettes. it lacked pillows towel and the dirt of the lamp shade,in all this hotel was very disapointing, I swim quiet alot but didnt go nead the pool based on the dirt of the the lobby table, i couldnt see how it would be maintained proberly. the cost was 99e for the rm. It reminded me of cheap acc you would get on a school tour. I did complain again the following morning and the manager reduced my charge by 50%, he also told me the first rm we were given "souldnt be on the system", they were good to compensate but to ensure a hotel is clean doesn't take alot in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Antrim, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

As other reviews have stated, our carpet in the room had several stains. Basis room, old fashioned, no privacy, could hear everything from room to room.
staff however were very friendly and helpful. food was good. free car parking, altho after first nights stay we went to get out car and the one parked two spaces away had its back window smashed, glass everywhere. not exactly reassuring!
huge park/greenery/petting farm etc within walking distance which was great as everything else required the car to get to.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Was our anniversary booked this online one night package with evening meal and breakfast.Arrived at hotel entry looked nice then it went down hill from then, we got our room with strange stains on bed and pillow blood stain on floor and curtains toilet handles loose, so we called reception and they moved us to a different room when we entered there was ladys hair in the sink,lumps of choclate on the floor the bed sheet wasnt big enough we had two blue chairs in the room and very strange the both of them were covered in stains this hotel is completely un hygenic it really turned out to be uncomfortable and a complete disaster myself and partner have stayed in another hotel part of brennan hotels and it was excellent.But seriously stay away or stay in bewleys 5 mins down the road

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Lovely hotel, great gym, rooms and facilities. Coffee dock either empty of customers and staff over too busy with groups and not enough staff to cater them. Nothing to make you want to stay there for afternoon tea, in fact difficult to get a latte and sandwich during day. Could do with night entertainment. Layout functional, no cosy corners. Fine for business if you are out all day of at meetings but otherwise very little to keep you from buying your meals and entertainment elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Green Isle Hotel? Share your experiences!