“Wonderful Staff - excellent accommodations and incredible meal :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #26 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful Staff - excellent accommodations and incredible meal :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the second time my daughter and I have stayed at this hotel. The staff are welcoming and friendly. The service is unbelievably good. We ate dinner at the Talavera restaurant which was very good. The chef even prepared a meal 'tomato free' for my daughter, who is allergic.

A great dinner - and the tiramisu is to die for :) Yummy! - oh! and Priscila was WONDERFUL :)

Jean Ann and Danielle Cyr
Canada

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
I would like to thank you both for returning to us and also for your Hotel review. I am delighted that you enjoy your time here at the Hotel and in particular your dinner in talavera. Thank you also for mentioning our colleagues Priscilla and Gian Carlo who are very grateful to receive your kind feedback.
I do hope we will have the chance to meet you on your next stay with us.
Caitriona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in Radisson five days ago. Got checked into the hotel by Jibin who made sure eveythin was in order before sending us to the room and without our request, he allocated us to a nice quiet room facing the fountain. He is an exceptional gentleman and I have never met anyone who pays that much attention to detail. Check out next morning was quick and smooth. Service in Taalavera was more than I expected. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to stay for a few days in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2014
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review which we greatly appreciate. Thank you also for mentioning our colleague Jibin, I know he is delighted to receive your kind fedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently gave a seminar in this hotel and found it very good, the staff in the conference area, in particular Lisa McMahon, were extremely helpful. Lisa couldn't do enough for me and ensured I had everything I need, even a cup of tea! The location of the hotel is very good too

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hotel to host your seminar recently and also for taking the time to give us your feedback which we greatly appreciate. Thank you also for mentioning our colleague Lisa Mc, I am delighted that She ensured that the event went to plan for all attending.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is the worst review I have ever left for a hotel & it is not based upon the hotel itself, but on the staff. We decided to splash out on a business class suite with balcony as we were visiting from England to attend a special birthday celebration. It was a sunny afternoon & we were looking forward to having a drink on our balcony overlooking the gardens. We were asked if we wished to pay there & then- we asked to pay upon checkout instead. We were told our room number & we found it eventually. Imagine our disappointment when we realised that our suite not only did not have a balcony but a rather uninspiring view over the car park. I immediately rang reception to point out that we had been sent to the wrong room. The receptionist said she would look into it & call back. I rang a further 2 times. Eventually a man rang to say that they had 'overbooked'. Our lovely room had been given to someone else. He suggested a discount that would have meant that we would pay exactly what the current room was worth - was he joking? Eventually, having realised that we had no choice but to stay put, I managed to push him down a further 20 euros ( he threw in a few tiny pastries & wine-) appallingly little to compensate for ruining our stay. We were disgusted that we were still being asked to pay practically full rate for the wrong room when it was entirely the fault of the hotel. The customer service we received was very poor- the impression we were given was that they simply couldn't have cared less. Upon check out, I mentioned that it was stated on a sign in the room that turn down service was provided. The young woman informed me that no one really wants it! She asked if we'd enjoyed our stay to which I replied that we had been disappointed not to receive the room type we had booked. She said nothing, didn't even look up or acknowledge the comment. Says it all really.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your constructive Hotel review. I am very sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered during your visit to the Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the matter as a whole and for the inconvenience caused to you.
I am very disappointed to read that the service which we endeavour to provide has found to be lacking on this occassion. I wish to assure you that your points raised are very important to us and will not go unaddressed.
Should you decide to return to us at any time, please contact myself directly be emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing 353 1 2188159 direct line.
I look forward to talking with you then.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel's grounds are beautifully landscaped and kept immaculately. The staff is extremely efficient and really friendly. Going above and beyond must be their motto here-Jibin at the front desk booked a car rental for me & got a great deal

Stayed June 2014
We would like to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review. Thank you also for mentioning our colleague Jibin, he truly is a wonderful team member and we really appreciate you letting us know.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again soon.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed from 13 to 14 June in an excellent suite overlooking the delightful back gardens of this historic 1750s mansion, which has had a varied history prior to its becoming an hotel in 1998. The house contains many notable architectural and decorative features, which led to its being listed in 1994 as a National Monument.

The friendly and efficient staff make one feel very much at home; Jibin on the front desk being particularly helpful with transport and other arrangements.

I have given an excellent rating for most aspects; only slightly less for sleep quality (because of a somewhat bibulous party in the garden which went on until after midnight) and for cleanliness (there was a small crack in our hand basin). My wife and I were too busy to use the spa and other such facilities and so have not accorded ratings to them.

In my opinion, it is the most beautiful hotel in Dublin - and one of the best, notwithstanding the fact that it is some miles from the city centre.

Room Tip: Having a room overlooking the back gardens avoids traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review which I greatly appreciate. Thank you also for mentioning our colleague Jibin from the Front desk, he is a wonderful team member and I am delighted that he was able to assist you during your stay.
I am very sorry to learn that there was a party in the Garden late into the night, please accept my sincere apologies for the disruption caused to your stay. I greatly appreciate your constructive feedback and I assure you that your points will not go unaddressed.
I do hope we will see you back with us again in the near future.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I came to Dublin for the week from Boston, MA and literally had the best time here. The hotel is amazing- it looks like something out of a magazine or a Hollywood movie. The elegant castle like hotel is accompanied by the most friendly, kind and hospitable staff. SPECIAL SHOUTOUTS to Seidy* and Ellie*!! They served us many times in the Orange Room and always greeted us with a kind, warm smile and outstanding service. They paid close attention to detail and made the evenings for our family so enjoyable. Our hotel rooms were beautiful and the beds were so comfortable it was hard waking up in the morning! Overall, a total gem in Ireland. We will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to us when next in Dublin.
Thank you also for mentioning Seidy and Ellie, they are very grateful to receive your kind feedback.
Caitriona

Been to Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin? Share your experiences!