“Family stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Tralee, Ireland
“Family stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We decided to stay at Radisson for family get together. We had to make changes to booking on phone and Julia(?) was more than helpful. On arrival building and sorrounding grounds are beautiful with plenty of free parking spaces. Checking in was effiecient though a cot which we had ordered for one room was not in place. Ir was rectified when reception was notified. The rooms we had were large and airy and decor was perfect for such a building. Breakfast was excellent with a large selection of fresh food and even though members of our party arrived in dining area at different times all found food to be hot and tasty. Staff were more than helpful esp dealing with the children. In the bar parices were a little high and service could have been a little better . Overall we enjoyed our stay and were happy with the service we received.

Room Tip: We had rooms facing front of hotel and even though some reviewers thought this would be a problem wi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I would like to thank you and your family for choosing to stay with us recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break here at the Hotel. Thank you also for your kind Hotel review and for mentioning our colleague Judith who is also very grateful for your feedback. I am very sorry that the cot you requested at time of booking was not in your room on arrival, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again.
Caitriona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I am from South Dublin, just a short while away from Radisson Blu, St. Helen's, so I am familiar with the standard of plenty of hotels around here. Myself and my girlfriend booked a stay here last night just for a night out of home.

Upon checking in I was greeted by a very friendly man at reception, who was more than helpful. We stayed in a double room, which was spacious and very practical (Modern bathroom, tv, mini bar etc). Through open curtains we had a great view of the frontal grounds, which are stunning.

Dinner at Talavera (downstairs in the Radisson) was a pleasant experience. My girlfriend and I shared bruschetta topped with a black olive pate for starter, and penne pasta with a type of sausage for main course. My girlfriend despises olives, yet loved and devoured this starter. For dessert we went to the bar, which was equally as tasty.

A member of staff, Colm, showed myself and my girlfriend around the building and gave us a bit of its history. This, I found, was quite rare to get from staff at such a large hotel. It made the experience so much more enjoyable.

The grounds are fantastic, however the grounds at the back of the building are the place you must see. I saw a menu which stated they do afternoon tea, so I have decided that I must avail of it during the summer. I cannot imagine anything more relaxing than afternoon tea outside the back of this hotel during a sunny day during the summer.

All around, I would recommend Radisson Blu, St. Helen's Hotel. The staff are quite personable and are willing to help should you have any problems. Also, its location is perfect as you are in a quiet area, although you are not far from the city centre should you take a bus or drive.

Room Tip: All parts of the building are quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
Thank you also for mentioning our colleague Colm, I will ensure that he is made aware of your kind feedback.
I am delighed to see you will be back with us again and I hope I will get the chance to meet you in person on your next visit to us.
I would like to wish you a Happy New Year.
With kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with breakfast. Easy to find near RTE television centre and N11/M50. Good parking at the door. Friendly helpful staff who were very informative. Great spacious rooms with all facilities, tea/coffee Tv Iron. Free wifi!! Great bar and Resteraunt with excellent food. Morning breakfast was absolutely spectacular with great continental choice and full Irish breakfast served to your specific choice. It was very well run by Sandra and the delightful Petra, both friendly, efficient, smiling and ever willing to help to make your dining experience a very pleasant one. Overall a fabulous place, ideal for that special get a way, conferences or weddings. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us recently and for faking the time to write your kind Hotel review.
I would also like to thank you for highlighting our colleagues Sandra and Petra who are delighted to received your feedback and extend their sincere gratitude.
I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again very soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Lovely drive up to the hotel and the grounds are stunning! there is parking which is very good in Dublin! The food was good! The beds were very comfortable although the room itself was very small and teh bathroom was quite cramped!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again. Please contact myself directly when booking by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing 01 2188159 direct line.
I would like to wish you a Happy New Year.
With many thanks
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Well done to Management and staff, it is so easy to be friendly and helpful. I stayed with my wife over the New Year, had a beautiful time. The food was good our room was large with beautiful views. We shall return in the summer with some friends and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your kind review following your visit to the Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to us in the summer. Please do not hesitate in contacting me directly by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing direct line 01 218 8159 direct line when booking.
I look forward to hearing from you then.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

hotel was a little bit further out of the township than expected but still only 20 min by taxi. staff great, the building is renovated to a great standard, not far from the coastline which no one seems to suggest and worth a 10 min ride just to see the coast but the nearest town on the harbour is still struggling and not much at all. Dublin city is a great little place and plenty of shops to stalk

Room Tip: any room is okay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and also for your kind review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Dublin.
I do hope you will return to us again one day.
County Louth, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed New Year's Eve 2013,
Booked a package of a meal, chocolates on arrival and champagne at midnight,
On arrival we checked in and received our room key cards,
Which when we got to the room would not work, a cleaning lady in the hall way looked at our cards and let us in, but she didn't seem to have any English, we went back to the bar area, for some food, when passing reception I told the receptionist about the key card situation, she rechecked them, so got food in the bar which was excellent, back to our room, key cards would still not work, the cleaning lady let us in again,
I went back to reception, she gave us new cards, which still didn't work, I rang reception from the room, she replied saying that someone would be up to sort it out, no one came, we went for our meal at 7 pm and I left the key cards with reception to solve the problem, a man then came back to us with the cards, sat for our meal I felt very rushed, no time whatsoever between courses, but the food was good and staff friendly, we then went back to the bar for the rest of the night, there was one bar man, others serving the tables, the bar man was inexperienced, once I waited 20 mins to be served, a lot of people were standing waiting to be served, but it was not overly crowded, the barman had to leave everyone waiting to go get more Smirnoff, at midnight we got 2 glasses of champagne, but an American couple nearby got champagne in tumblers which I just thought was not good for a 5 star hotel,
Overall I was disappointed with my nye stay,
I will not be returning,

• Stayed December 2013
I would like to thank you staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am very sorry for the difficulties you encountered with your bedroom keys during your stay here at the Hotel and also for the service you experienced in our Bar on this ocassion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and the matter as a whole. I wish to assure you that your points highlighted will not go unaddressed.
I do hope you will consider to return to us one day, please contact myself directly by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing 01 2188159 and I will assist with the necessary arrangements for you.
Again I sincerely thank you for your construtive feedback.
With kind regards
Caitriona

Been to Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin? Share your experiences!