“Excellent hotel with superb service and great food. Beautiful rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin

You added Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin to your Saves list
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stillorgan Road, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #26 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
“Excellent hotel with superb service and great food. Beautiful rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with breakfast. Easy to find near RTE television centre and N11/M50. Good parking at the door. Friendly helpful staff who were very informative. Great spacious rooms with all facilities, tea/coffee Tv Iron. Free wifi!! Great bar and Resteraunt with excellent food. Morning breakfast was absolutely spectacular with great continental choice and full Irish breakfast served to your specific choice. It was very well run by Sandra and the delightful Petra, both friendly, efficient, smiling and ever willing to help to make your dining experience a very pleasant one. Overall a fabulous place, ideal for that special get a way, conferences or weddings. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us recently and for faking the time to write your kind Hotel review.
I would also like to thank you for highlighting our colleagues Sandra and Petra who are delighted to received your feedback and extend their sincere gratitude.
I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again very soon.
Caitriona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Lovely drive up to the hotel and the grounds are stunning! there is parking which is very good in Dublin! The food was good! The beds were very comfortable although the room itself was very small and teh bathroom was quite cramped!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
caitriona21, Front of House Manager at Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again. Please contact myself directly when booking by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing 01 2188159 direct line.
I would like to wish you a Happy New Year.
With many thanks
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Well done to Management and staff, it is so easy to be friendly and helpful. I stayed with my wife over the New Year, had a beautiful time. The food was good our room was large with beautiful views. We shall return in the summer with some friends and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your kind review following your visit to the Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to us in the summer. Please do not hesitate in contacting me directly by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing direct line 01 218 8159 direct line when booking.
I look forward to hearing from you then.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

hotel was a little bit further out of the township than expected but still only 20 min by taxi. staff great, the building is renovated to a great standard, not far from the coastline which no one seems to suggest and worth a 10 min ride just to see the coast but the nearest town on the harbour is still struggling and not much at all. Dublin city is a great little place and plenty of shops to stalk

Room Tip: any room is okay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and also for your kind review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Dublin.
I do hope you will return to us again one day.
County Louth, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed New Year's Eve 2013,
Booked a package of a meal, chocolates on arrival and champagne at midnight,
On arrival we checked in and received our room key cards,
Which when we got to the room would not work, a cleaning lady in the hall way looked at our cards and let us in, but she didn't seem to have any English, we went back to the bar area, for some food, when passing reception I told the receptionist about the key card situation, she rechecked them, so got food in the bar which was excellent, back to our room, key cards would still not work, the cleaning lady let us in again,
I went back to reception, she gave us new cards, which still didn't work, I rang reception from the room, she replied saying that someone would be up to sort it out, no one came, we went for our meal at 7 pm and I left the key cards with reception to solve the problem, a man then came back to us with the cards, sat for our meal I felt very rushed, no time whatsoever between courses, but the food was good and staff friendly, we then went back to the bar for the rest of the night, there was one bar man, others serving the tables, the bar man was inexperienced, once I waited 20 mins to be served, a lot of people were standing waiting to be served, but it was not overly crowded, the barman had to leave everyone waiting to go get more Smirnoff, at midnight we got 2 glasses of champagne, but an American couple nearby got champagne in tumblers which I just thought was not good for a 5 star hotel,
Overall I was disappointed with my nye stay,
I will not be returning,

• Stayed December 2013
I would like to thank you staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am very sorry for the difficulties you encountered with your bedroom keys during your stay here at the Hotel and also for the service you experienced in our Bar on this ocassion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and the matter as a whole. I wish to assure you that your points highlighted will not go unaddressed.
I do hope you will consider to return to us one day, please contact myself directly by emailing caitriona.mcgroary@radissonblu.com or by dialing 01 2188159 and I will assist with the necessary arrangements for you.
Again I sincerely thank you for your construtive feedback.
With kind regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is my 3rd stay at the Radisson Blu St. Helens and it gets better and better everytime.
This time was a last minute trip on New Years Day for 2 days to celebrate a friends birthday and on arrival we were upgraded to one of the corner suites and it was amazing. We arrived, parked the car and went to check in, check in was very friendly and quick and everything about the hotel including restuarant, breakfast, wi-fi and the bar were explained.

We went to the bar in the hotel on the first night and it has such a nice atmosphere, we sat at the bar and had a couple of glasses of wine and then went back to our room to get ready to go out.

The next morning we got up and went for breakfast, so much choice and all fantastic, a great way to start the day. That evening, after a long day exploring Dublin we went down to the restaurant for dinner and had a lovely meal, the team in the restaurant were fantastic and couldn't do enough to make sure everything was just as we wanted it.

Amanda at the Front Desk is an absolute star, we didn't want to take our car into town during the day and she was able to rhyme off which bus to take and which stop to get off at to get to where we wanted to go and where to get the bus from town to get back to the hotel. A true assest to your team.

Thank you again Radisson Blu, I can't wait to come and stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for staying with us again and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Dublin.
Thank you also for mentioning Amanda, we really appreciate your feedback and I will ensure Amanda is made aware of your comments.
I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon again.
With kind regards and many thanks
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This and my other Ireland reviews are a longtime coming, but still fresh in my mind. I went with my wife, daughter (17) and niece (16) for 9 days. First two days we spent at the Radisson. Fantastic hotel with beautiful grounds and rooms, especially for the cost. I rented a car and it's not far from the airport and has ample, free parking. Driving in Dublin is a major challenge. I have lived in England, Morocco, and travelled to numerous other countries and can honestly say that Dublin can seriously put you on edge. However, it is manageable. This hotel is a straight run to Dublin. Just park in one of the first garages you come to. It's expensive - at least $20+ per day, but worth it. You will save money by staying at this wonderful former estate house hotel. There is also a bus that will get you to downtown Dublin in 10 minutes that stops right in front of the hotel. Staff is excellent and restaurant is great. I reserved adjoining rooms and everyone loved it. I strongly recommend. If you want to know more about my trip then look at my other reviews. I travelled thousands of miles by car. Too much in retrospect, but I don't know what I would leave out with hindsight.

Room Tip: Didn't use pool or spa.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us when visiting Dublin as part of your tour of Ireland.
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return to us one day.
I would like to thank you also for your kind review and feedback which we greatly appreciate.
Caitriona

Been to Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin? Share your experiences!