We stayed at the Radisson Blu St. Helen's in Dublin for 9 nights in July 2013. The hotel sits in extensive gardens, one of which is beautiful rose garden. While the hotel is not in the city centre, a bus just outside the hotel gate provides frequent and direct service to downtown Dublin.
The hotel staff is courteous, friendly and very eager to be of assistance. The buffet breakfast offers a typical Irish breakfast with ham, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. However, fresh fruit, cereal and yogurt as well as cold cuts and cheese and smoked salmon are also available. Upon request, pancakes, porridge and a variety of egg dishes are made to order.
The rooms are not of the typical Radisson Blu Scandinavian minimalist style, but of a more traditional (some say fusty) type. However, the beds are very comfortable and the bathroom amenities are of the same brand and quality as all other Radisson Blu hotels.
The hotel has a small business centre with complimentary internet access and a nicely appointed gym.
We were very comfortable, although the TV was a bit awkward to access as one must scroll through a number of screens to find the channel wanted. Also, the screen directory and the channel guide in the hotel brochure do not always match. I also had a bit of trouble with the handheld shower; at times it worked fine, at others it proved to be stubborn.
All in all, the beautiful setting, the attentive staff, the generous breakfast and the in-room coffee and tea maker (including shortbread) all make our stay very pleasant and memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5* Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel is an 18th century Georgian Manor House situated in 4 acres of formal gardens. From the moment you enter the lavishly clad Carrera marble entrance hall of St. Helen’s you’ll notice the difference. Because few, if any, of the great mansions of Ireland have so successfully combined the rich historichospitality of traditional manor living with the luxurious comforts and expectations of today’s modern lifestyles. Relax and enjoy a magnificent diversity of surroundings which combine warm welcoming fireplaces, soft armchairs, the romantic ambiance of a lofty minstrels gallery & the elegant old world charm of the library together with so many modern luxurious facilities. Everywhere at St. Helen’s you’ll be pampered with superior comforts and you’ll enjoy a friendly professional service which is second to none. St Helen’s has an unsurpassed reputation for providing guests with the very finest rooms and suites. Our 151 air-conditioned bedrooms have beenrecently upgraded to the highest standards of comfort and luxury. Features in all bedrooms include Egyptian cotton sheets, extra long beds, pillow top mattresses, duck down duvets, over sized pillows, luxurious towelling and furnishings. All our bedrooms enjoy a 24-hour superior room service which is described as one of the very best in Ireland.A wonderful experience awaits you everywhere and at any time of the day or night in St. Helen’s. We pride ourselves on our attentionto detail, our services, our facilities and, above all, we are proud to share the magnificent legacy of St. Helen’s hospitality and comforts with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu St. Helen`s Hotel, Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Radisson Dublin
- Radisson Sas Dublin Hotel
- Dublin Radisson
- Radisson St Helens