Here i liked the atmosphere, i've been there in the winter (march '13), was cold and rainy outside and then after a shower you enter the bar/orangeraie...it's so cosy, so charming, just to imagine what was Ireland 1 century ago (at least for rich Irish people).
The girls at the reception are nice and helpfull.
The food is, as usual, in Ireland, limited to burgers and fish & chips. Those are not so tasty (apparently there are two kitchens, so fries are coming from one kitchen and the fish from the other, result, one of the two is cold), but again the atmosphere in the Orangeraie restaurant is so nice, you can forgive (a bit) the quality of the food.
The gardens are just wonderfull (but it was raining), enjoy in summertime.
It was very cold in the room and there was no way to get the heating system on, i called the reception, they told me to wait 30 minutes, i told i would put an extra blanket. The bathroom is getting a bit old but is still ok in 2013.
We had a meeting room (for 20pax) reserved in the hotel, the meeting rooms are not very well situated and very difficult to find for the guests. Staff was a bit intrusive as they brought the coffee pots during the presentations disturbing everybody, this is because ther was no space outside the meeting room for coffee break.
rate 109€/night in the week
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu St. Helen`s Hotel, Dublin Hotel
- Radisson Blu St. Helen`s Hotel, Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Radisson Dublin
- Radisson Sas Dublin Hotel
- Dublin Radisson
- Radisson Sas Dublin
- Radisson St Helens
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5* Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel is an 18th century Georgian Manor House situated in 4 acres of formal gardens. From the moment you enter the lavishly clad Carrera marble entrance hall of St. Helen’s you’ll notice the difference. Because few, if any, of the great mansions of Ireland have so successfully combined the rich historichospitality of traditional manor living with the luxurious comforts and expectations of today’s modern lifestyles. Relax and enjoy a magnificent diversity of surroundings which combine warm welcoming fireplaces, soft armchairs, the romantic ambiance of a lofty minstrels gallery & the elegant old world charm of the library together with so many modern luxurious facilities. Everywhere at St. Helen’s you’ll be pampered with superior comforts and you’ll enjoy a friendly professional service which is second to none. St Helen’s has an unsurpassed reputation for providing guests with the very finest rooms and suites. Our 151 air-conditioned bedrooms have beenrecently upgraded to the highest standards of comfort and luxury. Features in all bedrooms include Egyptian cotton sheets, extra long beds, pillow top mattresses, duck down duvets, over sized pillows, luxurious towelling and furnishings. All our bedrooms enjoy a 24-hour superior room service which is described as one of the very best in Ireland.A wonderful experience awaits you everywhere and at any time of the day or night in St. Helen’s. We pride ourselves on our attentionto detail, our services, our facilities and, above all, we are proud to share the magnificent legacy of St. Helen’s hospitality and comforts with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.