“Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Had brunch here with my better half last weekend. The place was busy and there was a nice buzz in the place. The service was good and the food was tasty. I had the breakfast pie, which was quite nice. Seems to be a popular place.

“great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

had dinner Saturday October 25th at Mayfield. First time here , had wanted to visit for some time. Was not disappointed. Started with super tempura prawns reasonably priced at e8 approx. I had chilli beef tacos and friend had a great beef burger. Good menu with well balanced choice of healthy fish or salad options plus plenty of tasty less healthy options too.
Couldn't fault the place. Recommend.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Cute decor but the bad service & poor food let it down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I wanted to love here and first impressions were great, the decor is cute and kitsch and even though we had a 15 minute wait to be seated we didn't mind as it looked promising from the outside... but once seated we were almost forgotten about. Staff took 10 minutes to come along to tell us the specials then another 10 minutes to come back for our order... cleaning empty tables was more important than returning our order to the kitchen.

The food took forever to arrive!
And when it did, it was far from special.
Boring shop-bought chips - the kind you'd get in McDonalds set the standard for what was to come.

My breakfast pie was dry, obviously prepared hours (or days) in advance - absolutely zero love or passion gone into the dish. An egg might have livened up what was the most boring brunch I've ever tasted.

The eggs royale that my friend ordered were also disappointing, the poached eggs were tough/hard (possibly cooked in advance and just reheated in hot water) and the sauce flavourless and runny.
It was a nasty brunch experience.

After a disappointing feed, we waited and waited and waited at least 25 minutes for the bill and after another 15 minutes wait no one showed up to take our payment. We walked to the till and paid in person because no staff came near the table.

On looking around other people had similar bad service, the girl next to use also had to go up to the till to pay her bill.

Maybe this is a sunday morning thing, they were busy (why? I'm not sure!)
but I haven't seen such bad service in Dublin ever.

I will never ever return!

• Visited October 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Outrageous ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Me and my sister came to visit the tea rooms after visiting the grave .... My sister had to feed her 2 week old baby and was asked TWICE to stop breast feeding her child... Victorian tea rooms , fitting as the behaviour of staff appeared to be from this era .... Would not visit again

Dublin
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

We had a great dinner with some friends, excellent friendly service and the food was excellent. The fish special on that evening was a winner. We have also been there for brunch and I would highly recommend that also. We will be back!

• Visited September 2014