“Great location without the drunken Temple Bar crowd” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kinlay House

You added Kinlay House to your Saves list
Kinlay House
1.0 of 5 Hostel   |   2-12 Lord Edward Street | Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #25 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great location without the drunken Temple Bar crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love the location of this! We stayed here all the way up to the Heineken Cup so I think the hostel was a little more rowdy than normal. The only issue we had was the night before we left, there was a large group of guys (18-19ish) who decided to have a drunken rave above us at 3-4am. We thought we could tell them to keep a bit quiet and resolve everything, but that did not work. We finally told the main desk but it was not resolved but I do not believe it was from lack of trying. The breakfast was adequate and the staff was helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ensuite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary P, General Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and for understanding that sometimes guests will just not keep the noise down, no matter how hard we try to get them to do so.
If you are returning to Dublin please get in touch and we can offer you a 20% discount off your next stay.
Mary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good. My room was lovely, really spacious and the bathroom was always clean. They have a decent kitchen and plenty of common space, and the laundry facilities were handy as well. Not the most central hostel in Dublin, but still pretty close to everything. Just across the road from the oldest fish and chip restaurant in Dublin!

• Stayed May 2013
Mary P, General Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thanks for reviewing our hostel and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact us if you are returning to Dublin and we will give you a 20% repeat stay discount.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in Kinlay house for 13 days as I needed a place where to stay while waiting for the flat to be ready and it was really good. I've been in many hostels around Europe and this is so far the best one. The name is right, is more of a cosy house. The kitchen is not bad, is quite furnished for being a hostel kitchen and the dining room is nice. The cleanliness was really good, especially in the toilets, wasn't that bad to have to shower in a shared toilet for the first time. The staff was really friendly and helpful anytime I needed anything. I'll recommend this hostel to every friend coming to Dublin to visit me. Good experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We came here after having a great experience at Kinlay in Galway. It's was great too. Less food options, but the same great atmosphere and people. After figuring out I lost my passport (nightmare) the staff helped me SO much and I ended up finding it (back in Galway...). Needless to say, I owe them big time. They're fantastic. The facilities are great. It's clean and cute and wonderful. The location is perfect too! Stayed at the Generator in Dublin too and this was FAR superior. Stay here!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review. Do get in touch if you are coming back to Dublin and we can offer you a 20% discount off a repeat stay.
Happy traveling
Mary!
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've stayed here twice before the most recent occasion and would be my first choice to stay in Dublin on a low budget. It is quite a good location only a few mins from Temple Bar and approx 10 to O'Connell street and Grafton Street.
Breakfast consists of bread(for toasting), cereal and assortment of condiments. The kitchen is well equipped. The staff are lovely and helpful.
Bedrooms are a mixture depending on which room you get, as some of the rooms are a bit dated and a small bit shabby but not enough to be really noticeable. The lobby contains a tour desk and the staff will gladly point you in the right direction. Lockers for left-luggage can be rented for a small fee and dorm rooms contain cages(private rooms have a secure door)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. Please contact us next time you are coming to Dublin, we can offer you a 20% discount off a repeat stay.
Trabuco Canyon, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at Kinlay House for 3 nights. As my first experience staying a hostel it was pleasant enough. Had internet access, very simple breakfast (toast and coffee), comfortable bed. It was clean but run down. The common room as smelly and the most run down so did not stay in there very long. Lol! Front desk was fairly helpful. I would stay again mainly due to location and price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mary P, Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. If you are returning to Dublin please contact me and I will arrange your booking to include a 20% repeat stay discount.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staying at Kinlay House is a good experience. It's the most convenient to go around the city due to the location in Temple bar (i.e. the inner centre), the ratio price/quality is also a good advantage for low budgets travellers. The staff and the facilities are also putting a real good atmosphere on your staying there. Do not hesitate!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mary P, Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hostel. If you are returning to Dublin please contact me and I will arrange your booking to include a 20% repeat stay discount.
Mary

Been to Kinlay House? Share your experiences!