This was our first visit to Ireland and we were very excited! We had a nice stay in Sandymount!
About the location: Its not in the center of the city. Its more on the east side but there is a Dart (fast train whats going through the city) station in a distance of a 5 minute walk. Its a good thing to catch it and go into the center or reach the Luas or other Train stations.
Rooms: clean, comfortable, and there is a possibility to make a cup of Tee whats always refilled with sugar, milk and different Tees. The bed was good and i had a good sleep every night. The TV has a lot of channels and its working fine.
For Europeans two intresting things:
1. On the sink you find two different sources for water (warm and cold)
2. Have a connector converter if you want to charge your mobile phone or camera
Its a friendly hotel! When you visit Dublin with friends its worth staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from Dublin city centre, 14km from the airport and two minutes from the DART train station which links you to all Dublin's main attractions in minutes, Sandymount Hotel is the perfect hotel for every visit to Dublin. The O2 Arena is less than a 5-minute drive from the hotel and the Bord Gais Energy Theatre is 1 stop away by DART rail. There is free parking and WIFI also available. A family run hotel for the last 59 years it's the people that make your stay special. A full Irish breakfast is served daily in Whitty's Restaurant and we have a casual dining menu available all day in Line Out Bar which features a terrace overlooking private gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandymount Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Herbert Dublin
- Hotel Mount Herbert