“The loudest hotel I ever stayed in!” 1 of 5 stars

Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #55 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Obertshausen
“The loudest hotel I ever stayed in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

I stayed at the Jurys Inn for a business trip- and I regreted from the first minute. The rooms are connected by a door (which is locked)
- but you can hear every word spoken in the room next door and there
is no need to turn on the TV yourself - you will be able to understand everything from your neighbor. Additionally, the street is very loud. The windows isolate quite well, but if you pen the window to get some fresh and cool air, you will even forget your neigbor. Never again, although the location is otherwise quite nice.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Armagh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

Quite impressed really. I booked my room for just €79. Check in was effecient. Location is excellent. Room was comfortable with a great view out to the river. The car park is adjacent to the hotel. The WIFI is only €10 for 24 hours which is great value. The Bar food was excellent and also good value. The only problem is the €12 per night for the adjacent car park. Apart from that, this appears to be a good value, comfortable hotel in a central location. A pleasent suprise really!

• Liked — Good Value
  • Disliked — €12 per day car park
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

I stayed here recently for 2 nights. Number one was that I had what can only be called a camp bed as my main double bed in the room.

Number two, at 4 oclock each morning the radiator started banging, apparently this was not only happening in my room. When i complained at reception they just laughed it off and said thats just the way it is.

Number three, there was a game on on the tv in the bar on the thursday evening so I decided to go have a few drinks and watch it. I had twp pints of heineken and they refused to serve me a third as I was consuming alcohol without a substansial meal and there was a danger I might become aggressive. Ridiculous...

Stay away!!

Stayed April 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

OK. The glossy reception hides an accommodation area that could do with freshening up, including the rooms.

The good bit was that is was close to the office.

A bit on the pricey side for what it is.

• Liked — Close to city
  • Disliked — Tired accommodation area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Heidelberg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

I booked this hotel for a nights stay in dublin as I was travelling there to see a concert. I had a busy day and didn't arrive in dublin until between 6 and 7. I had a document with a deadline of that evening and I needed to upload it as soon as I was finished it. I was still finishing the document on the trip and I called the hotel to make sure I would have wifi access for my laptop as I had to submit the document online. They told me it would be no problem. I got to the hotel and my boyfriend went to check in as I tried to access the wifi. It didn't work and after much frustration I went up to my boyfriend, who seemed to be having problems checking in. Apparently they had given our room away!!! We hadn't arrived late, they just decided to give our room to someone else and move us to another of their hotels that they assured us was better than the one we had booked. Perhaps it was, but we booked this one for convience and nearness to the venue( the other one was much further away) as we knew we wouldn't have much time between when we arrived at the hotel and when the gig started, plus, all our friends were staying in the same place.
They apologised when we told them why we booked this one and told us that they would pay for our taxi over there. We agreed and told them we would get ready in a friends room and take the taxi to drop our bags off and continue to the concert as we only had an hour. While my boyfriend was sorting this out I asked about the wifi and they took me to a conference room where I could use a LAN connection and gave me a number that would allow me access. Surprisingly, it didnt work either. Sometime later a lad from IT arrived down, clicked a few things, checked everything connection-wise that I told him I had already done and told me he was sorry, he didnt know why it wasnt working. Alas, I missed my deadline. Giving up, I was told the situation from my boyfriend and went upstairs to get ready, we were not five minutes up when they called us to tell us the taxi was already there and wouldn't wait!!!! They had called without asking us and now apparently it was our fault. We had to book and pay for the taxi ourselves!!!! I was livid and after all this we ended up being late for the concert. When we complained about the entire experience they gave us a voucher for a free lunch the next day. Whooppee!

Money grabbing idiots! Will never stay in a Jury's again if I can help it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — They had no idea what customer service is, although they made a slight attempt at it
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

Booked this hotel for one night to avoid traffic hassle or taxi fight on concert night,

Lobby area bright and clean but very busy.

Room VERY dated. Thin walls and door meant it was very noisy all night. Bed was hard and had blankets which I found very old-fashioned given most hotels use duvets now.

Bathroom needed a bottle of bleach, did not feel clean.

At €140 for the night it was desperately overpriced.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bathroom not clean
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

Stayed one night on November for a concert at the point. Very close to the point (15 minute walk in normal tempo) The room was normally sized and the bath was quite big. It is close to the city centre as well (15 minutes walk). Price was good and parking was available. The staff was friendly and the view very nice if you get a room that looks out on the river.

The only thing I would mention was that the bathroom was not properly cleaned (hair from previous gests was found several places. The Batchroom look like it needed a little TLC. The rod that holds the shower curtain was rusty, the soap holder on the wall was hanging out (someone ripped it out of the wall?)

An average room I would say.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Room was not properly cleaned
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room with a view over the river
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House? Share your experiences!