“Affordable hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“Affordable hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Almost every time I come to Dublin I stay in this hotel. Whether it's for a concert in the O2 or a city break the hotel is in walking distance from both. Lovely staff, nice clean rooms and very affordable!

• Stayed February 2014
PatrickCass, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear nmcc9,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you find our staff friendly and the hotel to be good value. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kindest regards
Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

First impression was not good.I was being checked in after a lengthy wait when someone asked the check in lady for some directions to which she stopped checking me in and started to look at a map with the man who had interrupted us, 5 minutes later she then gets back to me with no apology or sorry about the wait.The staff were not friendly at all.The room was cold it had no extras in I.e shower caps I had to ring for one. The decor could do with an upgrade.I was kept awake until 3am by people running up and down and shouting to one another with doors being slammed also.Breakfast was €10 and wasn't worth it one bit.The food was poor with dried up supposedly fresh fruit ,hard bread and scones and the fry up looked awful too.On check out the staff did not smile and did not even ask of the stay was pleasant .Infact they were just rude.The only nice thing I will say is that the bar area is nice .I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone at all and is niece go again,this is the first time IV stayed at a jury's inn and probably the last.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Karaodp,

I wish to sincerely apologise to you for the poor service you experienced during your recent stay with us. I am extremely surprised by your comments and I can assure you that this is not standard or service we pride ourselves on delivering.

Can you please contact me directly on patrick_cass@jurysinns.com so that I can investigate your comments further.

Kind regards
Patrick
Buderim Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This Hotel is in a rennovated Customs House and they have done a very nice job. The rooms were more spacious than I expected and completely modern inside, with all of the modern conveniences. We stayed for two nights and found the beds were very comforatable and the rooms quite, making it easy to get a good nights sleep. As for food, the breakfast was of a very high standard, but the standard of the evening meals was a let down. Over all a good experience.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the weekend with a group of 8 and we found the hotel perfectly situated. nice short walk in the morning along the river into city centre, passing the jennie johnson ship and the famine people memorial. Staff were pleasent and friendly as always. Had a little problem where one of my twin rooms only had 1 bed in it but once i brought this to the attention of reception it was rectified instantly. Breakfast was a delight. rooms were spacious and airy... not stuffy as in a lot of hotels. I will return there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
wednesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just got back from Dublin and stayed at Jurys Custom House, for myself and my wife this was a great location, the airport bus (747) drops you off about 50mtrs from the hotel and picks you up outside the front door.the hotel was very clean and tidy very much along the lines of a Premier Inn and was walking distance (5mins) from Oconnel st, then over the bridge to Temple Bar area. We would use this hotel again

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holyhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

As a couple me and my partner enjoyed staying here at the Jurys Inn, it's in a great location, looking over the Liffey and also near a lot of good ol' irish pubs. I suggest going to the "Sweetmans" pub just across the Liffey, they create their own ale. The rooms were so clean and just right. The only thing I will say is that the walls are a little bit paper thin, staff were nice enough, as travellers from Wales we weren't in the hotel as much, we were out exploring and if were honest it was great. all the shops are in walking distance and if you wanted to you could even get the Luas into the city centre but it's a lovely walk on a nice day. I suggest getting the rooms in the front of the hotel looking out to the river. Would definitely stay again.

Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were made very welcome at check-in even though we were about 2 hours too early. I asked to leave our bags at reception but we were told our room was ready for us.
This hotel is very central for city centre so we walked in each day. We had a very nice spacious and clean room overlooking the Liffey. There is a busy road between the hotel and the river but the double glazing is secondary and can be closed from the inside and that blotted out the constant traffic noise.
The breakfast was amazing, there was nothing we could think of that they did not serve, even hot cross buns on Good Friday. We did not eat evening meals at the restaurant but wish we had not already eaten well at lunch time in town on Good Friday as on that day in Dublin the only way to get an alcoholic drink is with a meal at a hotel. So we spent our evening in the room as bar was closed except to diners. But that is the law of the land in Dublin and not the hotels fault.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember if you re on a low floor there is a busy road between you and the river Liffey. Ask for hig...