“perfect for concerts in the 02” 4 of 5 stars

Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
ireland
“perfect for concerts in the 02”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

we choose this hotel coz of its distance to the o2 arena. Its exactly a 15 min walk.
anyway we checked in, hotel reception perfect, spacious, quick check in by a pleasant smiling girl from another country. we stayed room 322. room immaculately clean, facing out towards the quays, grt view if you were there for the tall ships. tea/coffee in room. shower gels also. sat tv and hair dryer before the concert we went to the bar for some food. we stood at the bar for 5/10 mins and with so many female staff there, at least 4 including a supervisor none of the female staff saw us. they kept passing us serving others. they obviously didnt think we were residents but either way it would have been nice to have been acknowledged. we were approached by a girl called lorraine, what a pleasant girl who smiled at us and asked us were we ok, she took us to our table, only for she appeared we would have left to eat somewhere else. the food was bit over priced but we were approaching the time to leave before the 02 doors would open. there was a young waiter there also from another country who was very pleasant to us, il try and remember his name, sorry if i got it wrong, it was atilia or something like this. Himself and the lorraine girl were very polite and gave perfect eye contact to the customers. after the concert my sister went to bed and i went to the bar to get a drink to bring up but they wouldnt accept sterling, they wouldnt accept my laser card/debit card either even though i was a resident. this would never even happen in a third world country. so i had to phone up to my sister for her to come down with euro to pay for my drink. it was quite embarassing. checked out next day by the same girl. very polite. congrats to the reception staff the housekeepers and the 2 names i mentioned in the bar/restaurant. well done guys. i would recommend this hotel as its near the 02. no other reason but it was clean and that was the main thing. hope ive been help to anyone reading. feel free to ask any other questions. yes i would go back but i wouldnt eat in the bar unless i had to. too pricey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dungannon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We choose this hotel because of the location (we were going to the theatre which is just across the river) we had to take a taxi as it was raining but on a nice evening would be a lovely walk .The hotel was lovely,spotlessly clean and all staff were polite and friendly.The choice at breakfast was fantastic and was available until 11 am, perfect for a little lie in after a great night out.I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location, within walking distance of main shopping areas. There is a taxi rank right outside of the hotel. Rooms were clean and very spacious, beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good ,lots of variety and excellent service. Very polite and courteous staff! The restaurant/bar is worth a visit.
My only complaint about this hotel was the price, we paid 169 euro for one night bed and breakfast. In hindsight I regret choosing this hotel for this reason! I have stayed in jury's hotels before that have been far superior to this one. Would stay here again but most certainly not at this price!

• Stayed June 2013
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We chose Jury's Inn Custom House for the location. I didn't want to be in a noisy area - near Temple Bar or the city center so this seemed a good choice. It's in the financial district so evenings are quiet. We were able to get our room right away - even though we arrived in late morning - a few hours before check-in time. The room was VERY clean and had plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms had what we needed.
The hotel is easily walking distance to the active areas of Dublin like Trinity College, Temple Bar and shopping areas. It's across the river and there are several bridges.
We took a taxi from the airport and it cost 25 euros including tip. Back to the airport was 20 euros. We could have taken the airport bus which arrives every 15 minutes for 6 euros each but they seemed to be running late and the taxi was right there.
My only complain is that there is a 5 euros per hour fee for wi-fi which is outrageous. Every hotel we stayed in except for this one had free wi-fi. And...because we wanted wi-fi we just went to the nearest Starbucks where it was free and got our breakfast there. So the hotel lost our breakfast business because they didn't provide free wi-fi. From a business standpoint it seems they should rethink the fee policy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickCass, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Tuesday_Moon8.

Thank you for your review. I am deligthed to read that you found us to be exactly what you needed and that the room was clean and spacious. We are in a great location overlooking the river liffey and only a short walk into the city centre.

We have invested significanlty in our wi-fi to ensure that our guests have a very fast internet connection and hope to be in a position to offer a free service in the near future. I hope to welcome you back to Jurys in the near future.

Kind regards
Patrick Cass
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed here before and got the rate of €79 per night, stayed recently and it was €138 !! For €79 I would give it top marks but at the higher rate it can only be rated as average.

The room was clean and perfectly functional... great for €79, not great for €139. Very small!! Didn't try the food but did try the Guinness. I got one pint and it was awful. I told the helpful barman and he replaced it with another but it was equally bad.

If you get the cheap rate and avoid the bar it's a very good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room facing the river for the view, next best is any room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Upton, Poole, Dorset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel early April 2013, the purpose of our visit was to celebrate our Ruby Wedding anniversary my birthday and my wife's birthday whilst we were at the hotel. We entered the room to find 1 creme egg on the bed (EASTER promotion), 2 people in 1 room and only 1 egg.
A letter from the hotel informed us that we would be eligible for 10% discount on food and drink, I repeat food AND DRINK. I had E-mailed the hotel that it was a Special weekend for us and the best they could come up with was 1 creme egg, no card or any token that we were celebrating 2 significant birthdays and a Ruby Wedding.
The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff who were the workers were good natured and
efficient.
My grumble is that on checking out I was greeted with a defensive female who stated that we were not entitled to the 10% discount on the drinks we had ordered, food only. I explained that the welcome letter stated as above, the query was deferred to a manager in the rear office and the discount was further declined, I had a taxi waiting and could not stay and argue the toss.
I complained in wrting on our return home and was fobbed off with it was a mistake and a £20.00 token gesture to be used at another Jury's Inn. I also suggested that they buy some cards for guests who are celebrants.
Perhaps the management should visit the Old Storebouse in Temple Bar to see how Celebrants are treated when significant anniversary's are being celebrated.
I have to say that having spent £1000 on this Special Weekend the hotel did nothing to make our experience noteworthy.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here go for a high floor facing the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TheBagman137,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings during you and you and your wife's important anniversary. This is certainly not the standard or service we pride ourselves in offering.

Please contact me directly at patrick_cass@jurysinns.com as I would like to discuss this further.

Kind regards
Patrick Cass
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After staying in B&Bs for most of our Ireland trip, it worked well to spend our last 2 nights in a hotel that was staffed 24/7. The staff was courteous and helpful. We had a 6 a.m. flight out of Dublin, so they arranged for a 3 a.m. wake-up call, 3:40 a.m. taxi cab and a bagged breakfast To Go.

10€ per person for the buffet breakfast was a decent deal considering the wide variety of food choices and amount of food available. 10€ per person for the To Go breakfast on the morning of our flight was rather paltry -- cold sandwich, banana and yogurt. However, my husband and I agreed we were paying for the convenience of a breakfast we could eat in the cab at 4 a.m., and we decided we were satisfied. (A hot breakfast at 4 a.m. would have been divine.)

Our room was clean, comfortable and standard. The room had all of the amenities American travelers are used to finding in a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House? Share your experiences!