“Nice central hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Bolton
“Nice central hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have recently stayed at the Beresford Hotel in Dublin for 2 nts. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. This hotel offers very good value for money. The breakfast was excellent with everything you would wish for at breakfast time.
We would certainly recommend this to anyone travelling to Dublin.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor which was quite hot. I think if you ask for a room on the rear it would be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here when we had a snag in our travel plans. They found two rooms for us and comped our breakfasts. The rooms were nice and the bedding was very nice. I enjoyed the view of the city out of our room. I wasn't familiar with having to use the key card in the slot in the room for power but I got used to it and it was not an inconvenience. The reception desk people were over the top helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great although the waitress was grouchy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bathurst
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed three nights, two together, then returned for a third night. We had luggage stored by he hotel. All went smoothly.

We ate at the restaurant one night and it was quite pleasant. Staff were attentive, food was delicious, not too dear.

We also had one breakfast which was fine also, but the restaurant is managed separately from the hotel. We signed a slip and assumed it was being charged to our room, but had to return to make payment. This should be clearly advised.

Room Tip: Noise from the street could annoy some guests. It is opposite a bus station. We managed okay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to the Beresford Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am very happy the team looked after you during your stay. I am very sorry about the confusion with posting charges to your room. I have passed your comments to the departmental managers to avoid similar situations in future. I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Newry Co Down N Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for 1 night at this hotel, It had been a birthday treat for my sister as I was taking her to Rod Stewart Concert. I had telephoned hotel prior to arrival to confirm booking , I spoke to guy in reservations and explained that this was a special occasion and I hoped that we had been allocated a nice room, he checked and said because it was a special occasion he would upgrade us.
On entering room I was so disappointed, it resembled a small box attic room, horrible brown carpet, white cheap furniture (small dressing table, stool and side locker). Our view from window was even worse, we were looking directly onto yard and gable wall of another building.
I went straight down to reception to get moved, but was told hotel was fully booked. Breakfast was mediocre, but in fairness had a nice meal in bar/lounge in evening and staff were friendly. On positive side - the location is good. Hotel bedroom did not resemble photo on their website.
Never again !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Noaimh21,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Beresford Hotel.

I am very concerned to read your disappointment regarding your bedroom and how it did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction with the size of your bedroom and the in-room decor and furniture attached.
I am saddened to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and left underwhelmed by our accommodation. We would love for you to return so do please contact me on operations@beresfordhotelifsc.com in order to discuss it further.

Warren point
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we were going to see Rod Stewart. my sister had booked it as a birthday treat for me. The twin room was so disappointing, it was small and very basic. It was a very drab room with White furniture Not at all like the website pictures.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. We had a meal in the bar and it was lovely. Breakfast was pretty straightforward and everything ran smoothly. Great location, just wasn't value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with feedback based on your recent stay.
I am very sorry that your room fell short of your expectations based on pictures you had seen.
We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back in the near future. If you do decide to return, please do not hesitate to contact myself so that we can make the necessary arrangements and ensure your stay is a more enjoyable one.

Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, you can easily walk to the central Dublin (e.g. Temple Bar). Unfortunately the location has a bit of a downside: that's the noise. Obviously this can only be controlled to a certain extent by the hotel (windows, etc.).
We stayed for two nights in a double room (incl. Breakfast) and paid 190+ Euros per night (unfortunately the first night was when the Robbie Williams concert was on) . If you get lower rates (and have a good sleep) the place is more attractive.
Breakfast (buffet) is very good with lots of choices and attentive staff.
Overall the hotel is about what we wanted, but the price was too high.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid 302 for it's proximity to something noisy (maybe the bus stations ventil...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mawgan Porth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I totally agree with previous comments on here but in particular 'no resemblance to website' ! That is so accurate, did they go to another hotel to do the website !!??
I will do the positives first- walking distance to O'Connell Street and main touristy areas, nice tiles in bathroom, decent hairdryer, free wifi,friendly staff and decent coffee at breakfast, taxi rank outside- that's about it !
Now the negatives- awful bedroom, bit like an attic room with a small window that couldn't be opened very far which was a problem as it was SO hot and stuffy I have never experienced anything like it. No air con , uncomfortable saggy bed, cheap foam pillows and bedding made for no sleep. Could hear next door bonking loud and clear( I say this not as a prude but to show how thin the walls were) I actually admired them if their bed was as awful as mine !!
The phone didn't work, some power sockets didn't work and on arrival tv didn't work (the tv was sorted though).The shower did not spray water but was one huge jet(bit like a firemans hose) which went everywhere. The bedroom had cheap tatty furniture, dreary brown carpet and felt horrid, im glad I was working and only in it for a short time! I asked for a fan in room (which I did get) I don't think I could have coped without it. My room( 310) faced the bus stop and tram line which is right outside which meant loads of constant traffic noise , followed by drunks shouting and yelling later on at night . I would never stay here again and recommend you stay somewhere else, I will be telling my work to never use again for any other staff. Breakfast was mediocre at a push.The website is hysterical, don't be fooled, it looks nothing like the real thing !

Room Tip: stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ozzyprice,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am very sorry that your room did not meet your expectations based on pictures you had seen. We offer different room types with different layouts and our website shows only a small fraction of our bedrooms.
We have recently undergone some refurbishment and have plans in place for further improvements. I can assure you that the problems with fixtures and fittings have been addressed. I do regret that you found the bedding to be uncomfortable and I am sorry you did not have a restful sleep.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel and have the opportunity to make amends. If you do decide to return, please do not hesitate to contact myself so that we can make the necessary arrangements and ensure your stay is a more enjoyable one.

Yours sincerely

Been to Beresford Hotel? Share your experiences!