“a quiet rest” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“a quiet rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed in this hotel and from the moment we arrived to when we left everything was top class.when we checked in the lady informed us we had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely touch.the room was fantastic ,it even ha a t.v. in the bathroom.Every night there was a choclate left on the bed and the bed turnedown.the breakfast was on of the best I've had with a wide range of food (something to please everyone)and I dare say nobody will ever go hungry here.The lounge in the evening is a lovely place to relax and have a coffee or a drink, it has a very calming feel about it .Overall a really great hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Megane17,

Thanking you for leaving us such nice positive review.

I am delighted to read our comment about our facilities and service. We always try to provide the best service ever and to maintain our high standards. I am glad that the extra little touches like the turn down service and chocolates helped to make you stay memorable. I am also delighted that our breakfast had the “wow” factor and that the lounge had a charming and relaxing feeling.

It was a great pleasure to have you stay here at The Westbury and we hope that you will return to stay again soon.

Regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Greek first
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Westbury Hotel is a luxury hotel in Dublin. We enjoyed our stay. The service and the food were excellent. It is right in the heart of Dublin. The staff was very attentive to our needs. The only down side was the check in which was rather late in the afternoon. All in all, we liked the hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair make sure there are no steps as there are some on some floors..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elaine A

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for reviewing your stay and telling others about your wonderful stay at the Westbury.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am so happy that we ticked all the right boxes, from our extremely comfortable rooms to our ideal location and our wonderful staff.
I hope we will now be your preferred choice whenever in Dublin.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best wishes
Vincent O’ Gorman
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lovely rooms, modern, bright and beautiful decor & great food - we also loved the brasserie/cafe downstairs but best of all the happy and helpful staff just made our stay. Travelling with exuberant 3 year old but felt welcomed and relaxed. A 5* hotel as they all should be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear JennyJones2008,

I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the ambiance of our rooms and I am thrilled that you enjoyed Café Novo along with your 3 year old child.

I am very proud that my team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to my great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had two studio suits in this wonderful hotel last month for my family of six. I just walked in from grafton st to book one week in advance for our stay. The reception staff were very professional and absolutely courteous in all their handling of my booking. I already gauged the upcoming stay experience from just that. That was just a fraction of the experience of our stay.
Upon arrival the bell captain, the reception, all staff were just great. The rooms are top class and I have been a guest in palace like hotels elsewhere around the world. The staff at all levels were all attentive, kind, and welcoming I was amazed how a city center hotel can have such service.
The studio suits are spacious and wonderfully appointed with great design and amenities. The bathrooms are first class.
We all enjoyed our stay with key aspect being service as first. The checkout staff even made the experience more exceptional. Checking out at 5.30am and getting happy and attentive staff just sealed our super star experience.
My final word: if in Dublin looking for top and super star service look no further than Westbury. Excellent location and service.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Waleed A,

A pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled that you had such a super star experience and I am delighted that our service really stood out and exceeded your expectations. We have an exceptionally passionate and enthusiastic team of individuals who truly enjoy being part of our guest’s experiences and simply love what they do. Your wonderful feedback is incredibly motivational for us all and is greatly appreciated, thank you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope that you will return to stay with us soon.

Best wishes

Vincent O’Gorman
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I can only describe this hotel as fabulous.
We spend two night exploring Dublin and it was a treat to go back to the hotel, the location is in a perfect location.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, the restaurant was excellent, a breakfast to die for.
We stayed in a room designed for disabled use and I can only say that the bathroom was not to the same standard as other rooms in our party.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nicolas2,

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for telling others about your “fabulous” experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that the location was suitable for you to explore Dublin and that you enjoyed your dining experience.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay that did not reach your expectations. The layout of our bathrooms do vary from room to room and some of them may not work for all our guests. We do however have a variety of rooms and we will be happy to offer you an alternative room type when you next travel to Dublin.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us soon again.

Vincent O’Gorman
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Westbury is a really beautiful hotel right in the hustle and bustle of Dublin's Grafton street.
I had a friend meeting me in Dublin from Amsterdam and we were celebrating her 30th birthday. As part of that, I had booked afternoon tea here. I let them know in advance that we were celebrating a special occasion and the fantastic staff went out of their way to make it a really special day: we had a wonderful table with a view of the high street, the service was impeccable and they brought us a little cupcake on a plate that was decorated with happy birthday! We went for the champagne afternoon tea for 36euros which I thought was really good value for money considering some of the other places Ive had tea at. As regards the content of the spread itself, (whilst I hate to say it it)- I found the sandwiches particulary average, but the fruit scones, petit fours and macaroons where to die for! I particularly liked the passionfruit one! In such beautiful surroundings and with such attentive hosts, I would definately recommend spending an afternoon at the Westbury!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear ToxicBuni,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent visit to The Westbury for Afternoon Tea.

I am delighted that we made your friend’s birthday celebrations a memorable day and that you enjoyed the little extra treats which helped make the day special. I have noted your comments regarding the sandwiches and I have passed this on to our Executive Chef Thomas so he can address this with his team. I am glad that overall you had a fantastic time and you enjoyed our home made scones, petit fours and delighted that the passion fruit macaroons were a hit with you.

I will pass your comments on to the team for them to enjoy and I hope that you will come back and join us again soon.

General Manager.
Lymington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent hotel. Wonderful, friendly service. The staff at all levels are terrific! The small downstairs restaurant is great (try the fish and chips). Also a perfect location for strolling around the heart of the city. Will be back !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michael J,

I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed Café Novo and that the fish & chips met with your approval.

My kindest regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman,

Been to The Westbury Hotel? Share your experiences!