“Just superb, every time” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Just superb, every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Returning for a second time in 3 months, this time for a wedding in town. We arrived on a very wet day. The door man came rushing to the taxi with an umbrella and offered help with our luggage. He seemed to genuinely want to do his best to help.

Check in was warm and welcoming. Room was quiet and lovely again. You get what you pay for and to me, this is the best hotel in Dublin. Over 1200 excellent reviews cannot be wrong.

I will definitely recommend The Westbury to anyone and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear CYuenUK,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to us. I will pass on your words of appreciation to our doormen, concierge and reception teams. Thank you for recognising them they were delighted to have assisted you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have now had the pleasure to return and stay at the Westbury for one night on business. It is one of my favourite places. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms are fab and the food great. It is in a superb location and when you step outside the hotel you are immediately in the centre of the hustle and bustle of the city centre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travelelaine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor following your return visit to us in July.

It is a pleasure to read that our convenient location off Grafton Street was ideal for you.

We were also pleased to know that here at the hotel our team met your high expectations. From all of us here thank you for your kind words.

We hope to welcome you back to The Westbury on your next visit to Dublin and thank you again for your recommendations.

Vincent O Gorman
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Choose the Westbury Hotel to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. They parked my car, collected our luggage and took it to our room, while we enjoyed a cocktail each in the Marble Bar.John the barman was superb company. He is Swedish with an unsurpassed knowledge of every alcoholic beverage imaginable . For our dinner we dined in the Wilde Restaurant. The food and wine were superb. The staff were very helpful without being overbearing. They also have a great sense of humour.. We ordered breakfast in bed today and a feast duly arrived upon the anointed hour along with complimentary morning paper. Have to say cant wait to return. We shall definitely stay here again. 5* in every way..

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Daviodj M,

Thank you for choosing The Westbury Hotel while visiting Dublin and for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendations. I have passed your comments on to John in Marble Bar and the rest of the team to enjoy. They were all delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them.

We hope to welcoming you back to The Westbury and we are delighted that we helped make your stay and your anniversary a memorable experience.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Gorgeous hotel. My friend and I stayed there for one night during a wee break in Dublin. The best thing about the hotel is probably the location. You are right in the middle of the shops, bars, restaurants etc. The rooms are lovely. Staff make you feel really special. I suppose most people expect that little bit more from a 5 star hotel, and they definitely rose to the mark. Breakfast was probably one of the best I have had. Yummmm! I will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear LeahLOO,

It is a pleasure to read that our convenient location off Grafton Street with our close proximity to shopping areas, restaurants and bars was ideal for you.

Kind Regards,

connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there for three nights recently. All I can say is what a fantastic experience my husband and I had staying in this location. When we checked in we were assisted by Adrienne, who was very knowledgeable about the about the area and took the time to answer ALL my questions this being my first time to Dublin (there were many). Working with her started this experience off on the right foot, thank you Adrienne! Our room was near the elevators and I was nervous about the possibility of noise because I am a light sleeper. However, I can honestly say that I was not disturbed on any of the nights by the proximity at all. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the hotel was spotless. Also, we didn't have a car and the location of the hotel was perfect. It was near everything! I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here the next time I get to Dublin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beverlyhillseast,

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendations. I have passed your comments on to Adrianne and the rest of the team to enjoy. They were all delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them.

We hope to welcoming you back to The Westbury and we are delighted that we helped make your time in Dublin a memorable experience. Thank you again for your review.

Midlands,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a lovely couple of days in a well appointed room. Our bed was very comfortable and the facilities in the room..nespresso ,towelling gowns, huge bath sheets and lovely biscuits and chocolates were wonderful. Helpful concierge and room staff. Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Oventry,

Thank you for choosing The Westbury Hotel recently and for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor.

We are passionate about offering each guest a personal service and so we were delighted to read you thought so highly of us. We believe that a memorable experience starts with a team that is dedicated to handling every detail. I have passed on your very kind words to the team to enjoy.

We very much appreciated your review and thank you for your recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury and we are delighted that we helped make your stay a memorable experience.

Regards,

Vincent O'Gorman
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is beautifuly appointed but my god the beds are HORRIBLE!!!! 3 nights of torture. Very soft and if the person nexts to you moves, you know it! Reported it the first night was told they would chnage my room. Packed up all our stuff. Came back from the day. Told we would not be moved as all the beds are of the same quality. Awesome! Love packing and unpacking. I cried the 2nd night...Other complaint is my daughters non alcohoilic drink 9 euros. My alcohoilic drink 8 euros ??? Huh ?? On the 4th night switched to the Merrion. THAT place has it going on!!! A perfect experiance!!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel if you want a mattress with a little support.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ggirls01,

Thank you for choosing The Westbury Hotel for your visit to Dublin and for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor.

I regret that we did not fully meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us. At The Westbury we pride ourselves on customer care and service of the highest standard and your experience was far from that which we aim to deliver to our guests.

I am investigating all items raised by you and will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Vincent O’Gorman

Been to The Westbury Hotel? Share your experiences!