“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Malaga, Spain
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Perfect Hotel.Middle of Town,no need for car.Wonderful staff.Spotlessly clean.Very good price for such a top notch hotel.Will definitely be back.We have stayed in worse hotels at twice the price.The westbury was,for me,faultless.

Room Tip: Never used pool or spa,so,unable to comment.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rimell,

Thank you for having taken the time to review The Westbury Hotel so favourably on Tripadvisor and thank you for your valuable custom.

it is indeed thrilling to note that you have awarded our hotel the full five points based on your recent experience and the entire team here at the hotel are truly delighted.
I do hope that you will return to stay with us very soon.

Thank you once again for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and your having chosen to stay with us while visiting Dublin.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This beautiful hotel is in a great location - although it is pretty much impossible to drive there yourself, very confusing (it is not actually on Grafton St). The room was beautifully appointed. Two small complaints - it was much too hot and we could nto control the heat and the bed was quite soft (not good for poor backs). The staff, however, was outstanding. Super helpful, polite, and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear James H,

Thank you for your much appreciated custom and for having taken the time to review The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is most pleasing to note from your review that you had an enjoyable stay at our establishment and that the hotel's unbeatable location and dedicated team surpassed your expectations.
I am disappointed to read that you were not impressed by our beds and that you were unable to operate the in-room airconditioning system.
I regret not having had the opportunity of assisting you with either of these issues prior to your departure from our establishment.
Please feel free to contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com if you wish to discuss your stay in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had to go to Dublin from my hometown (Rome, in Italy) for no leisure reasons, so I wished to stay in a very cozy hotel. My expectations were almost surpassed by the Westbury Dublin: the staff was professional but also friendly, and I found complimentary items in my room (wifi, nespresso, mineral water free of charge) which I appreciated in a particular way. Most of all, I'm going to keep beautiful memories of my light dinners in the lounge, by the fireplace!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear TasteandTravel_13,

Thank you for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having been one of our cherished guests recently.

I am delighted to read that you felt extremely comfortable and well taken care of while in our establishment and that the many little comlimentary extras and the welcoming fires made you feel cozy on the occasion of your having stayed with us during your visit to Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for your valuable custom.

Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked two interconnecting rooms for us and our two kids through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts, which offers an upgrade if available, complimentary breakfast and an afternoon tea. The rate was 144 Euro per room. Getting to the hotel by car is slightly tricky. We went past Trinity onto Dame St, then took South Great Gorges St, then first left onto narrow Exchequer St, and that curves round onto Clarendon St which is at the back of the hotel. Round two sides of the square and you are at the front door where helpful valet staff are waiting to take your luggage and park the car. Valet parking is 20 Euro a day. The hotel is fantastically convenient for Grafton Street and a 3 minute walk to Stephens Green or Trinity.

We did not get an upgrade, but check in was quick and easy and we were shown to two nice rooms. Ours was a queen, and the kids had a twin. Both rooms were not huge, but were comfortable with understated classy colouring, a nice flat panel TV, small but pleasant bathroom with nice toiletries, a Nespresso coffee machine, mini-bar and small seating area. The beds were comfortable, if a bit on the soft side.

Breakfast was served in the Wilde restaurant and consisted of a good buffet of continental items and a menu of other items for ordering. Afternoon tea was served in the Gallery restaurant, essentially a lobby lounge. That was lovely, with a selection of sandwiches followed by pastries and cakes with tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Overall, this was a very pleasant stay. Our kids didn't want to leave. It was pretty good value and the quality and service were appropriate to the star rating. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear mjtoal,

Thank you for having stayed with us on your recent visit to Dublin and thank you for your favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your children did not wish to leave when the time came.
As a member of American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts you are certainly entitled to a complimentary upgrade upon request, subject to availability however on the occasion of your visit we did not have such which would have also met your request for interconnecting rooms.
I am delighted to read that you loved our legendary Afternoon Tea on The Gallery and that the hotel's luxurious interiors and impeccable service more than pleased you.
I do hope that you will return to stay with us again soon and that on your next visit we will achieve a full five point rating on this website.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

A fine hotel with a fantastic location located right on Grafton street. I stayed here for 2 nights before our trip to Asia, whilst staying there it was my partners birthday. The hotel left him a card and some chocolates but had a different name on the card, still a nice touch. The room was fine, with a nespresso machine and a good entertainment system with great views of the neighboring roofs. The hotel facilitys are so so, there is no pool and the gym is quite average. the marble room is great for a nightcap or a bottle of champers(whilst on holiday).. all in all a very good property however should the need arise again I will be staying in the Shelbourne (more character filled, nice pool and great buzz)..

Room Tip: Ask for a room the has views looking down over Grafton street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Irish_goes_world...,

Thank you for your review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your greatly appreciated custom.

I am most disappointed to read that our wonderful establishment did not exceed nor meet your expectations on this occasion and I regret not having had the opportunity to rectify the issues you experienced prior to your departure from the hotel.
I would very much like to discuss your recent stay with you in detail and I urge you to please contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your attention.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked the Romantic Celebration package that included champagne and chocolates in the room, as we were visiting as part of our honeymoon, but these were not present in the room when we arrived. We called reception and waited for almost an hour for these to arrive. They came with a congrats card from the hotel but frankly I would have preferred the special touches we had ordered sooner, rather than a receptionist taking longer to write a card. As it was, we were only in Dublin for the night, and spent an hour of this time kicking about the room instead of starting our romantic evening.
A few other small niggles, such as we ordered a newspaper on the form which never arrived. And with breakfast the toast took 20mins to arrive and we asked twice, while the other halves' eggs went cold. In addition, I ordered scrambled eggs but received fried or poached instead.
It is a beautiful hotel, and the staff are lovely, but it wasn't quite what I had hoped for. I doubt we would return as the experience seems rather overpriced now in hindsight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heloise81,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us on the very special occasion of your honeymoon and thank you for reviewing your experience of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It indeed disappointing to note from your review that a number of "minor" issues detracted somewhat from your stay and you were thus prevented from awarding our otherwise wonderful establishment the full five marks oh Tripadvisor.
I am mot concerned that you did not have a seamless stay and I would therefore greatly appreciate your getting in touch directly with me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your time with us in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thank you for your custom and your feedback.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything about The Westbury Hotel is nice. As soon as I stepped out of a taxi I knew I was in for a good stay.

The staff were very nice, polite and helpful. A refreshing warm towel at check in was a nice touch. The room was spacious and clean, with nice furniture. The carpet was soft. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was good size, clean and warm.

Breakfast was delicious, tastefully arranged and also cooked to order.

A very enjoyable stay, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear DavJo12,

Thank you for having stayed with us and thank you for having written such a positive and encouraging review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that all aspects of our renowned hotel exceeded your expectations.
It is indeed a great honour for us to receive such kind praise from one of our many satisfied customers on such a widely viewed platform.
I and the team here at the hotel are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Westbury Hotel? Share your experiences!