“just as nice as i remembered” 5 of 5 stars

The Westbury Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grafton St | Dublin 2, Dublin Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 177 hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“just as nice as i remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

returned to dublin for my annual busines trip..i've stayed in 5 hotels in Dublin over the years and this is still my favorite they do most things right,,freindly doorman, friendly concierge, nice appointed rooms, nice amenities, very good breakfast buffet,,,two negatives, small fitness center [really a converted hotel room i think] and expensive restaurant

Room Tip: my room faced the back,,,nice and quiet...enjoyed the espresso machine in the room as well
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear andrewshka 1121,

Thank you for favourably reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for having chosen to return to stay with us on the occasion of your recent visit to Dublin.

It is great to read that you found our establishment "just as nice as remembered" and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
I am disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to highlight our special partnership with the very renowned Energy Fitness Centre right by the hotel which more than accommodates our guests who require comprehensive gym and pool facilities.
I would also like to advise that Wilde, The Restaurant which has been twice awarded the AA Rosette offers à la carte and pris fixe menus - 2 course €29, 3 course €35 and really is the best value in town considering the delicious locally sourced food served in magnificent surroundings.
Also for more casual dining our brasserie Cafe Novo offers great value right by Grafton Street.
I would very much welcome your getting in touch with me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to hear your comments in more detail and to ensure your absolute satisfaction with all aspects of the hotel on future visits.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

2,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here one night and were genuinely sad to leave. This hotel is just fantastic and apart from the perfect location, the staff are among the best I've ever come across. They seem genuinely cheerful and more than happy to go the extra mile. Big luxurious rooms with wonderful beds! A really perfect hotel experience. Thank you Westbury!

Dear CareeBee,

Thank you for heading your most favourable Tripadvisor review of The Westbury Hotel with the word "perfect" and thank you for having chosen to stay with us while in Dublin recently.

I am delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel's many charms including our team's total dedication to providing impeccable service and warm hospitality.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and to encouraging you to stay longer.
Thank you once again for your recommending The Westbury Hotel to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel remains at the top of its game. From arrival to departure faultless. Charming staff. Lovely rooms. Lushious afternoon tea. Lovely bteakfast. Treat yourself. You wont be disappointed! The guy in the gallery even remembered our drink order from night before!!

Dear holidayangel_10,

Thank you for your cherished customer loyalty and for your having taken the time to favourably comment on your recent experience of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your review and the title word of "fabulous" have delighted everyone here and have instilled our wonderful team with even more pride in delivering excellent service to all of our customers.
It is thrilling to note that you also indulged in our legendary Afternoon Tea which as with our hotel, we strive to ensure is the very best in Dublin.
I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The afternoon tea was sublime. I had the champagne package and it was great value for money. The selection of cakes was delicious and there were plenty of them.

The only critique is that the service was disorganised but the individual members of staff were great.

Dear Claire C,

Thank you for having favourably reviewed your recent Afternoon Tea experience on The Gallery at The Westbury Hotel and thank you for having chosen our establishment over others as the ideal spot for your tête à tête.
I am delighted to read that you found the Champagne Afternoon Tea to be "sublime" which is perhaps one of the most complimentary words for describing what we believe has become a Dublin institution.
I am fully confident that on your next visit which I do hope will be soon that the service will be impeccable and the welcome as warm as ever -qualities which we are most proud of and which we strive to instill in all of our dedicated team.
I look forward to your returning soon.

Thank you once again for your kind comments about Afternoon Tea on The Gallery at The Westbury Hotel.

Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for his birthday in October, a surprise present from his mother. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Offered to have our bags carried to our room, asked us if we would like today's paper, gave us warm scented clothes to refresh ourselves.

When we entered our room it looked amazing! They had left the most delicious cupcake with happy birthday Anthony written on the plat in chocolate and a happy birthday card from the staff. An actual bought one with someone's hand written birthday wishes.

The room was also fantastic. The bed was soft and the room not too warm. They had a Nespresso coffee machine in the room which I just died over! Also a great selection of teas in a beautiful wooden box.

White his and her robes, slippers, and lovely scented bathroom items.
A phone in the room AND the bathroom!

We only stayed the one night. When we were leaving again we were asked if we needed help with our bags and if we would like a taxi called for us.

Just lovely!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eilish B,

Thank you for the wonderfully positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for being one of our cherished customers.

It is indeed an honour to read the account of you and your boyfriend's recent experience while staying with us for the celebration of his birthday.
I am delighted to note that you loved the complimentary extras provided and the touches of hospitality which truly set The Westbury Hotel apart from others.
I cannot wait to have the chance of welcoming you back soon.

On behalf of each member of our dedicated team, thank you for favourably reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

There is nothing more insulting and upsetting than a hotel trying to pass itself off as a 5 star offering and not being able to deliver. Terrible rooms, terrible bathrooms, the TV didn't work, and wildly overpriced. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The Doyle Collection is really a 2 to 3 star offering - they spend very little money up keeping their properties and have no business being considered A Leading Hotel of the World - in fact The Westbury is so bad that I will never refer to LHW again. Wake up!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WestburyManager, Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am deeply disappointed to read your review and comments pertaining to your recent stay.
We at The Westbury Hotel are very fortunate to be a member of Leading Hotels of the World and cherish their full support and faith in us as one of the finest luxury hotels in the city of Dublin.

Obviously, from reading your review and the fact that we were unable to discuss this with you on checkout, I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you directly and ask that you to contact me at hotel on +353 1 6791122 or via email aidan_dempsey@doylecollection.com so that we can hopefully resolve the points raised in your review

Aidan Dempsey
Director of Rooms
The Westbury Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked two twin rooms in The Westbury, Dublin for a girls day out last weekend.

As a whole the hotel is lovely, well located, visually beautiful however there were some easily avoidable issues that would have made our stay feel 5* as opposed to 4*:
1. Despite email and verbal requests that we were going to be arriving at around lunch time, only one room was ready
2. Despite email, verbal request and confirmation of two twin rooms, we were given one double and one twin room
3. There was no iPod dock - surely a given in a 5* hotel in this day and age
4. Room service was ordered Saturday night and it took 40 minutes to organise a ham and cheese sandwich and a cheese sandwich.
5. Tea was ordered with the room service - no fresh milk was provided
6. In the residents bar Saturday night I was treated like an imposter by the bar man. He also got me to sign a receipt for a glass of tap water....
7. We had two cars travelling into the city as we were coming from different parts of the country - our parking cost us €40 in the car park of the hotel - even though we were residents
8. We got 2, 250ml bottles of complementary bottles or water in our room

On a positive note however, the majority of the staff were pleasant, there was no parking when we arrived so we left both sets of keys with the valet who moved the cars for us and the location is great.

All things considered, I won't be staying in The Westbury again, ill be trying The Conrad / Fitzwilliam hotels next!

• Stayed March 2013
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear niamh6426,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for having reviewed The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am most disappointed to note that you were not impressed by our wonderful hotel and that there were a number of points which you raised in your review which detracted from your enjoyment of our world renowned establishment.
I also regret not having had the opportunity to ensure the issues you experienced were fully resolved prior to your departure.
I wish to graciously acknowledge your having highlighted these several points as follows, in an effort to ensure our continued delivery of excellence in all aspects of the hotel and also with a view to clarifying what we do offer.
Please do feel free to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your recent stay in more detail.

-The Westbury Hotel as a matter of operational policy advises all of our guests that check in time is from 3pm. If a room is required prior to this time we recommend reserving the room the evening before arrival to guarantee early check in. Otherwise our team endeavor to provide rooms to early arrivals on a first-come first-served basis.

- If booking through a third party website, specific room requests are always best communicated to the hotel directly to ensure clarity. I very much welcome further information from you regarding from whom you received confirmation. I would be most happy to investigate this further.

3. There was no iPod dock - surely a given in a 5* hotel in this day and age

- iPod docks and indeed media hub cables are available to all of our guests on request and are compatible with our up-to-date media hub located just next to the in room television. This information is provided in our guest directory or upon enquiry from any of our friendly team.

- I very much welcome further information from you regarding this point and I should be most happy to investigate.

5. Tea was ordered with the room service - no fresh milk was provided

- Tap water is free of charge therefore unless a tab for other products had been open, this is not customary practice. I very much welcome further information from you regarding this point and I should be most happy to investigate.

- A car parking charge of €20 per vehicle per night is indeed applicable to all who use this facility. The Westbury Hotel offers security, convenience and the usual valet service, all included.

8. We got 2, 250ml bottles of complementary bottles or water in our room

- The Westbury Hotel provides complimentary mineral water to all our guests at turn down and on departure from the hotel as a standard. We recommend a maximum of two persons per room occupancy. The hotel does need to be made aware of additional room shares at reservation or registration stage. I very much welcome further information from you regarding this point and I should be most happy to investigate.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you once again for having stayed with us and for reviewing your time at The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Westbury Hotel? Share your experiences!