“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Farmington Hills, MI
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Westbury is really an amazing, elegant hotel. It has an awesome location- central to many pubs and restaurants, shopping on Grafton Street, St. Stephen's, Temple Bar, Trinity College..just a short stroll in any direction to most sites. The staff was attentive and totally delightful. The room was really large, by European standards, and had many special touches, such as a great expresso maker, heated towel racks, a lovely nightly turn-down service where they left the most delicious chocolates and bottles of water and basically cleaned the room again, and there were several restaurants and bars on the property. It was not inexpensive, however it wasn't extremely expensive either. I just can't imagine having enjoyed any other hotel in Dublin more than the Westbury. It was absolutely delightful.

Room Tip: We had room 415- very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear mich-noto,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Westbury Hotel Dublin and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of our renowned establishment on Tripadvisor.
Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.
Comments from our guests allow us to carefully monitor and ensure the very best of standards associated with those of Leading Hotels Of The World.
I do hope that it will not be too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel and thank you once again for your comments and custom.

1,968 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This hotel cannot be beat in terms of location. Situated just off of Grafton street, it made sight-seeing, shopping and dining very easy. The interior is beautifully done (the art in the lobby is worth taking a look at), and the atmosphere is quiet and calm inside.

Service was quite good. There was a hiccup, however, when we checked in. The doorman wasn't at his post when we arrived, so it took us a few moments to figure out how to lug ourselves and our bags to the lobby up on the next level. I know this doesn't sound complicated, and it shouldn't be, but an impressive staircase was the obvious way up (not an option with the bags) and a sign in front of the lift indicated that a key was required to use it - something which we didn't yet have. As it turns out, there was also a smaller sign tucked away indicating that a key was only required during certain hours of the day, but we completely missed that... Anyway, I abandoned the bags and my sister downstairs and dashed up to check in. The gentleman at the desk was very affable, but he accidentally charged my credit card for the full amount of the bill even though I had pre-paid it. This could have been an issue as the hold was sizable and I'd been using the card heavily from the beginning of my trip. However, the problem was quickly resolved with a heartfelt admission of guilt and an apology from the poor guy... All subsequent interactions with staff members were smooth, however. Upon check-out, Joanna at the front desk was especially helpful.

As far as the room goes, this hotel had one of the best hotel beds that I've slept in for awhile. The Frette linens were very comfortable, and the down pillows incredibly fluffy (I'm a fan). The room was a generous size, and the bathroom, while a bit tight did the job. The selection of coffees and teas in the room was a nice touch. I did notice a little bit of wear on the carpet and in the room itself though, and some things in the room could have used replacing or repair. Not a big deal, but it came as a bit of a surprise considering that the Westbury is a five-star hotel.

Prior to my arrival, I'd heard much about high tea at the Westbury. Since I would live on cake, pastries and finger sandwiches if I could, naturally I just had to partake. I was not disappointed. The food was outstanding, and the service was impeccable. I had spent the past two weeks high-teaing my way through the UK and Ireland - this was without a doubt my favorite session.

I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again should I find myself back in beautiful Dublin!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear aslopes,

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a really nice hotel. Great staff! Got us in to our rooms early after 6AM flight arrival. Comp breakfast is especially good. Can't beat the central location off of Grafton St with easy airport bus service. Quiet and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear John T,

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

There is nothing I love more than staying right in the centre of things - and this hotel was perfectly situated. Must admit it isn't the most attractive property looking at the outside of the hotel, but inside it is lovely.

Nice-sized room, and very comfy bed. The most important qualities (according to my husband) for a great hotel are effective temperature controls and a quiet room - and he was very happy! We had breakfast included in our rate, and it was delicious. The business centre has 2 computers for use along with printers.

Nearby we had dinner at the Marco Pierre White steakhouse on Dawson Street and loved it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Cliquot11,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I agonized where to stay during a four night visit in Dublin and I finally chose The Westbury. I am so glad I did. The location was fantastic - you could walk everywhere from there - and the facilities were extraordinary. We stayed in a studio suite three of our nights there and I can say without reservation that it was one of the nicest and most comfortable hotel room that I have ever had. Finally, the service was exceptional. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again on my next visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: I booked through Leading Hotels and received an upgrade in rooms which was marvelous.
Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear MNSpark,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

When one thinks of deluxe hotels in Dublin, other hotels come to mind such as the Merrion. But don't overlook the Westbury. Great location just off Grafton Street and well appointed rooms. Good service for a city business hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear passionatetraveller20,

U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

westbury is a beautiful hotel with great service.
all the attractions are walking distance of 1-6 blocks away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear knight2222,

Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Westbury Hotel? Share your experiences!