“Great stay, no complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Gresham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Upper O'Connell St., Dublin 1, Ireland   |
Ranked #37 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Fingerlakes Region of NY
“Great stay, no complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed at the Gresham for a couple of days at the end of September, 2009. Several people I talked to from Dublin told me that it was a formerly great hotel whose glory had faded so I was prepared for a bit of a disappointment. No disappointments for me. The room was spacious, spotless and comfortable with an excellent bed (and I'm picky), a roomy, stylish bathroom and nice amenities including a decent lcd TV and free Internet access. The lobby is impressive and I found the staff to be helpful although not consistently warm. The breakfast (included with the very reasonable 100 Euro/night cost) was tasty and BIG. Oh and the location was brilliant, within very easy walking distance of major shopping areas, Grafton St. and night life at Temple Bar. I couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

2,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Stayed at the Gresham in September 2009.

Thought the hotel was good, rooms were clean & large, breakfast very good also. Friendly staff although check-out desk was over-whelmed the day I was there - only 1 staff member for about 6 customers.

Central location was good for Dublin. I did not need to park a car, understand that parking was available for €14.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
niamh73
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

The positives were the staff were friendly at reception, the room was nice and big as it was a delux room and the location.

The negatives were, we didn't book a delux room but asked for an upgrade when checking in, the delux room was what you would expect as standard room for a 4 star hotel. Our friends didn't ask for an upgrade and their standard room was tiny, they were not a bit happy with that!! The bar was expensive and when we arrived back to the hotel at night, it was like the Spanish Inquisition for us to be able to get a drink from the residents bar. The irish breakfast was cold which was very disappointing.

I would not stay here again!

dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I would highly recommend The Gresham Hotel in Dublin city for somewhere the stay. We were greeted warmly on our arrival, the atmosphere and buzz around the hotel was great, our room was very nice, the staff were very helpful and friendly and above all the food was excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Laois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed at the Gresham for a girly weekend and have to say the location is excellent. We were central to everything and could pop back with our shopping every so often. We booked our room on booking.com, we got a great deal however I think this reflected on the room we got. The room was very small and the view was onto a yard. There was no shower gel, shower cap or soap in the bathroom. The room served it's purpose fine for what we needed but I have to say I would have been extremely disappointed if I had paid the astronamical prices this hotel normally charges. The breakfast was not included in and was quite expensive. Also be prepared to pay for your parking which is situated at the rear of the hotel in a different street - it cost us €14 for the night.

Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Very nice hotel, centrally located, beautiful rooms. If anything -its a 5 minute walk from Temple bar, other than that I cant put my finger on anything. Well worth its money!

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed in the Gresham after a disappointing check in another hotel in the city centre.
I have to say they did accommodate all our request as my brother is on wheelchair.

Room were nice and confy, I found the staff very helpfull.

I am new in tripadvisor but I do travel a lot for business and I will keep writing review on hotels around the world.

Thanks to the gresham and thanks to tripadvisor for this opportunity

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Gresham Hotel? Share your experiences!