Stayed at The Gresham Nov 18-20th while in Dublin to visit friends. Stayed in Lavery Wing, Room 479.
Check-in was easy as was check-out & they have left luggage which is handy if you're not flying out til later in the evening.
Also, the Air Coach (blue bus) stops direct in front, is about 10Euro & leaves Dublin Airport every 15mins - super handy!
Room was a bit more expensive than others but was worth it to me. As the hotel is older, the rooms generally tend to run small so this room was more of the "standard size" as in North American hotels.
No major problems but some CONS:
- there was no Welcome Pack in the room (usually a binder with all hotel info, numbers, menus, etc) which was a bit annoying as I like to have a flick through & handy for local info. Also, I think an old Dublin gem of a hotel like The Gresham could do with more info on their impressive history, famous past guests, etc...guests like that sorta thing - staying in a place with so much history!
- had to phone twice to get bottle opener, no biggie but I assumed there would be one in the room (there is an off-licence across road which is handy rather than purchase expensive alcohol from mini-bar or hotel bar (if you just want a quiet drink in your room while getting ready - as I like to do! :)
- the WiFi in the room was a bit hit-or-miss though worked perfect when I took the laptop downstairs in Reception. More than once it didn't work in the room which was a bit annoying.
- the bar food was a bit drab. I had a roast beef sandwich with chips (literally 6 chips) that was very standard, not really worth it. I'd go somewhere else for pub grub.
- my view out the room was not pretty (bldgs, alley) as such (but could see The Spire so orientation was good) but tell the truth, it was not important to me, so not really a con (for me)
- The location!
- The acutal construction/history of the building. Gorgeous! You know you are somewhere special just sitting in the lobby & taking a look around you.
- Staff were great, helpful, friendly
I didn't eat in the restaurant or have breakfast as I thought it was a tad expensive.
Overall, I loved my stay & would stay again!