“staff pure 5 star class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
tipperary
“staff pure 5 star class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

we stayed here on fri 4th of march and from the moment i booked in with grizelda on the phone and was given a comp upgrade it was great,i was so impressed by her i emailed corah the manager to compliment her on the manners and helpfullness of her on the phone,weve stayed here before so new we were in for a treat.when we arrived earlier than usual we were able to check in at twelve as the room was vacant th nt before,turned out it was a room with a balcony complete with table and chairs overlooking st stephens green and although the luas is near its very quiet once the window is shut,great touch that my son loved was the comp strawberries dipped in chocolate.the room number 405 right beside the lift was amazing pure luxury and the bathroom with the luxury bath products was fab,the concierge couldnt do enough for us and ella in reception on checking in was very helpfull.on checking out i dealt with the shift manager eadaoin (forgive the spelling)and its for this reason im putting in this review,the staff make any business in my opinion ,be that a discount shop or 5 star hotel,either way you get bad manners or attitude you wont go back no matter what the offers,this hotel from start to finish screams class and its about what you want no matter who you are,top class we will definetly be back,

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Turkish first
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This hotel is so perfect for a city centre stay, once I stepped foot into the Fitzwilliam I did not think I was in Dublin City Centre, it is so quiet and relaxed. Rooms are spotless,comfortable and quiet. I was with my husband and three year old, breakfast in restaurant first morning was very good, room service breakfast 2nd morning very good and delivered by very happy waiter. It really is the hidden gem for hotels in Dublin. Oh and not to forget the Shower is the best!!!.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed in the hotel last night and cannot be too complimentary about all the staff we came across.Each member showed us the utmost curtesy and yes you could say they were doing their job but it was obvious they did care about their trade.
We have stayed in their sister hotel in Belfast which is also excellent and this was another very enjoyable trip--well done and thank you

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed in The Fitzwilliam earlier this week and really enjoyed it,Location is second to none.Decor is very contemporary. My room overlooked the Park out front which was a beautiful view in such a central location,Room had everything.Had a meal in The citron restaurant in the hotel,Special thanks to John and Eibh(Eve) who provided excellent service.Special mention to Aiden at front desk and Kamila in the bar.Thanks also to Will in reservations who helped me with my booking.Highly recommend this hotel and will be back

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Great hotel--we never needed a taxi anywhere.
Try Peploe's for dinner on St Stephen's Green--- the food was truly amazing. Even busy on a Sunday night--but make sure to make a reservation.

Kerry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Just stayed 2 nights here (Fri Sat)while attending a conference elsewhere. Not impressed at all. I have stayed in 2 five star hotels in recent months in London and Nice and the Fitzwiiliam has a lot to learn in comparison to these hotels.

I don't know whether it was because I was a solo female traveller or because I look young for my age ( I'm 29) but the attitude of some of the staff was totally unacceptable. At check-in I didn't get a "hello" or "welcome" from the German? receptionist, something common courtesy would usually dictate hotel staff do as routine. Her manner was off-hand and unprofessional in my opinion. I had to ask where the lift was, I had to ask when and where breakfast was served and she didn't ask me if I wanted help with my luggage. I was also not shown to my room by any staff member even though I later heard a couple in the hallway being accompanied to their room. This is basic, BASIC customer service that other 5 star hotels provide to ALL their guests .

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but everything about this establishment is underwhelming. There are no luxurious touches,nothing to make me want to return.The decor of the room was standard, bland hotel fare.

Breakfast was fine, again nothing to denote a five star status.

On checkout, I wasn't asked how my stay was just to nicely round off the general attitude.

The location here is the main advantage. It is situated right at the top of Grafton Street and St. Stephen's Green so a good base. Apart from that I can't say it is a special hotel in any sense.

I hate knocking Irish tourism as I'm Irish myself but this hotel is miles behind the European competition. There is no effort being made here,the location seems to be relied on to ensure business but after that nothing sparkles, nothing made me feel valued as a customer. I won't be back and in this current climate I would recommend you stay somewhere else where your custom may be appreciated.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
CorahCaples, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Dear Irishbrightsmile,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, following your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and found the room clean and comfortable. Décor is very much personal taste and I regret that you found the vibrant colours of the carpets and furnishings bland.

The standard of check-in for very guest, regardless of age or gender, is to warmly, welcome them to the hotel and having completed check-in, to escort the guest to the room. During this journey, the Receptionist imparts information regarding the location of the facilities (food, beverage and otherwise) and timings of breakfast etc. Equally upon check-out, one of the standard questions asked is “did you enjoy your stay?” Irishbrighsmile, clearly this did not happen on your arrival, check-in and check-out from the hotel. Clearly, as a result of your experience you did not feel valued. Please accept my unreserved apology for this unforgivable lapse in our, normally, high standards.

All of the team is here for one purpose and that is to take care of all our customers so that they have a really enjoyable stay and return to us time and again. We actively ask our customers to rate our service and to provide suggestions that would make their stay even more enjoyable.

Irishbrightsmile, should business or pleasure bring you back to Dublin in the future we would truly appreciate the opportunity to warmly, welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Great boutique hotel located right on Stephen's Green and adjacent to Grafton St. and the Stephen's Green Shopping Center. Harry's Bar just around the corner is a great place for a cocktail or a pint.

Dear agillespie81,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the decor and the location of the hotel. We certainly are in the heart of Dublin city, which allows you to walk, with ease, around the city centre.

Agillespie, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the future.

With kind regards,

Corah Caples
Resident Manager

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!