“Everything absolutely excellent.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #16 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Everything absolutely excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Excellent - everything absolutely fantastic. Location awesome. Staff excellent. Rooms stunning, beautifully appointed - shower AMAZING. Loved it. Gorgeous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Lovely hotel ,beds v comfortable.
Our room was quiet-thought would be noisy as location is just on Stephen's Green. The green can tend to be a bit noisy as there is a large nightclub about 6 doors down but was pleasantly surprised.
Lovely toiletries in the bathroom
Good hotel but lacked warmth and if you are going for drinks I wouldn't bother having one here are there are far better bars and pubs around than this one

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
GB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Hotel checking in was excellent, room perfect, bathroom and linen totally spotless. Nice toiletries. Bed very comfortable indeed.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Stayed at the Fitzwilliam Hotel in Dublin recently - the location of the hotel is fantastic from being so close the social & shopping scenes, to just watching the world go by Stephen's Green in the lobby sipping a glass of vino. The staff are very professional, friendly, and welcoming - nothing is too much trouble for them. Loved the bedroom, with 4 poster bed, plasma tv and stereo system - not to mention the comp apples by the lift! Would recommend this hotel for any type of stay in Dublin - accommodates all!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Was in town for St. Patrick's Day from the states. Second year in a row but first time at the Fitzwilliam. After an all night flight we arrived at the hotel around 7 am and was very surprised to be shown right to my room.

Smaller room but plenty big enough and lots of nice amenities. For instance a cd player, free wireless and more.

You cannot beat the location, being at the top of Grafton Street. And I thought the staff was fabulous.

I really loved the power/rain shower in the bathroom. Everything was very clean and I loved the turn down service and nightly treats.

Breakfast was included and fantastic. Very enjoyable and good service.

I ordered room service one evening at it was magnificent. I was embarrassed to find out that they don't make provisions to add a tip on to the room service bill you sign and did not have anything smaller than a 50 euro. The room service waiter was so gracious, assuring me that the hotel paid him for his services and I should not feel bad at all.

The next day, I tracked him down through the management and made sure he got his tip but he was so polite and understanding.

I highly recommend it all the way around.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

I have recently returned from a hort break in dublin. The Fitzwilliam is by far the best hotel we have stayed in. My husband and i do like a nice hotel and always book a 5 star hotel. The hotel, the staff, the service etc was second to none. I can highly reccomend this hotel. It is close to bars, shops, resturants, transport tourist bus, tourist attractions etc etc..............

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

I traveled to Dublin Ireland March 26-29, 2009 because I had never been there and decided I wanted to get away somewhere I had never been. I selected the Fitzwilliam from a travel site that had rated it an "Insider Select". When traveling in Europe I try to stay at more modern hotels. I am use to the comforts found in American 4-Star & 5-Star hotels. So when traveling around Europe I am usually a wee bit dissapointed in my accomodations. The Fitzwilliam was cetrally located to all the Major Tourist Sites, close to exciting nightlife, just off Grafton Street (shopping), overlooking St. STephen's Green. I did pay extra so I would be overlooking the park. The room itself was a bit small which is why I did not give it 5-Stars. However I was prepared for this. Most rooms in Europe are small. The view was great. My room was on the 4th floor and had a small deck I could have my breakfast croissant on. The bed was comfortable with down pillows and comfort. The Flat screen TV was large and easily seen from the bed.

The bathroom which I tend to rate hotels and restaurants on primarily was fantastic. You can hide a world of sins with dark carpet, bleached sheets and a large painting but it is very hard to cover up neglect in the bathroom. There was no mildew, it had recently been renovated, the water pressure was excellent, towels clean, fresh and replaced daily. There were some complaints on-line about the size of the shower curtain. I did not understand this complaint before I arrived. The tub is an oversized tube, about 6' long and about 2.5' deep. The shower curtain only extends about 4.5' of the stub from the shower head end. It is a contemporary design and only people that can't walk and chew gum would flood the bathroom! I did not get so much as a drop of water on the floor.

The Staff was friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 10 am and figured my room would not be ready till at least Noon at the absolute earliest. To my surprise my room was ready and I could take a nap by 10:15. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone 25 - 60 years old or loves the modern contemporary style. The tubs are a little tall for the elderly to easily get into and out of.

The Internet was free in the rooms. It was a bit slow at times but I could still get my e-mail and Google information. The bar was hopping and the restaurant was good. The fresh flowers in the room were a nice touch. The Gym is very small. A Cycle, treadmill and a set of weights but I don't travel to workout.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!