“Wonderful stay in Dublin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Northumberland
“Wonderful stay in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't praise this hotel enough. The staff are so friendly and extremely obliging. The rooms are a good size and very clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in - I've spent many nights in different hotels over the years. We arrived as a party of 13 females and enjoyed a fantastic weekend at this hotel. Shops and nightlife are all within easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Sythica,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city! I am delighted that you had a fantastic weekend. Our central location certainly makes exploring the city's sights, shops, restaurants and bars exceptionally easy. I am really pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and in particular the beds.

It is great that you experienced the friendliness and helpfulness of the team during your stay; I have passed you kind comments on to everyone as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Sythica, should your travels bring you and your friends to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just spent a weekend at the Fitzwilliam and once again had a fantastic stay. Beautiful room overlooking Stephens Green, wonderful staff, terrific breakfasts and a great friendly relaxed vibe that you just dont get in other 5 stars, and as for the location, its the very best !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry M,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent visit to the city! I am delighted that you had a fantastic weekend. Our rooms overlooking St. Stephen's Green provide wonderful views over the city and particularly so at this time of year.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am glad that you took the time to experience this meal with us.

I am really pleased that you thought the team were wonderful and friendly and I have passed your kind comments on to everyone.

Barry M, when you next visit Dublin, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome both of you back to the Fitzwilliam.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed there Saturday nite with my fiends for her 30th Birthday treat!

I expect something more special from 5*! Beds were prepared for 3 people in room alright, but everything else was like for 2 people: 2 robs, 2 slippers, and only two welcome sweets.. its those small things what matters.. and just didn't felt right when everything is set for 2 people!
And especially for the price what we paid, which we didn't mind, because expected 5* level..

And at breakfast I was never offered toast nor coffee! I was seated and I nobody approach me. I went and ask for coffee myself.

Service wasn`t great at all. I wouldn't stay there unless they drop the star and price! Because our experience was only average..

Room Tip: Ask for room with view over St. Stephens..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MiaCC1,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your friend's 30th birthday celebrations. I am sorry that the service levels you describe did not meet your, or my expectations. The elements you describe are certainly not the standard that the team are trained to, or that they normally deliver.

MiaCC1, should you wish, I would be delighted to discuss your stay in more detail with you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff are just wonderful, breakfast gorgeous, location perfect and rooms modem clean and some have great views of the city.

The rooms are more modern over luxurious (if you like old world luxury go to the shelbourne) and there are no facilities really as in the hotel could do with a bigger gym area/hot tub/steam room so the business's traveller or those on longer stays can enjoy their stay but for a long weekend trip this hotel is perfect.

We stayed here for our wedding and the staff were just so thoughtful and helpful. It couldn't have gone any better!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Elayne L,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your wedding stay. I am really pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our contemporary rooms, many of which overlook St. Stephen's Green.

I am delighted that you found the team thoughtful and helpful and I have passed you kind comments on to everyone. Feedback such as your makes everyone's day!

Elayne, on behalf of all the team we wish you and your husband every happiness for the future and we look forward to welcoming both of you back to the Fitzwilliam.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

With hotels, the adage is usually quite true: you get what you pay for. With the Fitzwilliam Hotel, we got every penny's worth! Our room was comfortable, luxurious, and impeccably clean. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful, and dinner at Thorton's was the best meal I've ever eaten. Truly the stay of a lifetime--if only we could have stayed longer!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Natalie S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thornton's is a very special dining experience and it is great hat you had an opportunity to dine there.

I have passed you kind comments on to the team, as feedback such as your makes everyone's day.

Natalie we look forward to welcoming both of you back for a longer stay the next time you visit Dublin!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here recently on a Saturday night. We got a lovely friendly welcome, beautiful 4 poster bed in our room which had a lovely view of St Stephens Green. The room was so quiet considering the city centre location. Its location for shopping is second to none, we could easily return to the hotel and drop off our shopping. The staff were exceptionally good from the front desk to the barman. Special thanks to Egle and her front desk team for their care and attention. The location of the hotel mean we could easily walk to some amazing restaurants and enjoy the city without the hassle of taxis. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear VincentHely,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you received a friendly welcome and that you enjoyed your quiet room, overlooking St. Stephen's Green.

The central location of the hotel certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer really easy.

I was particularly pleased to read you found the team exceptionally good and in particular Egle and her Front Office team. I have passed your kind comments on, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

VincentHely, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

By far the most pleasant surprise in my many trips to Dublin. After traveling nearly 18 hours and arriving at DUB at dawn, I was rather exhausted and in need of a shower. The friendly and welcoming staff had a room ready for me, having anticipated my arrival time. I was taken to my room by a front desk staffer who was lovely and gave me the run-down of all the bells and whistles, including a fantastic stereo system with speakers throughout the room, bathroom and foyer. It was nice to have a foyer to simply keep my suitcase on a stand, as I was only staying in Dublin for a couple of nights. That said, there was plenty of storage space and a safe. The "garden view" was really unimpressive, but it's Dublin! You're not going to be in your room much.

There was a lovely seating area next to the window, complete with an orchid. The room felt very modern, yet warm. The bed was absolutely delightful, as were the pillows that you can select from a pillow menu! The bathroom is quite modern for an Irish hotel, but short folks should be forewarned – The shower/bathtub is quite deep, and I can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone shorter then say 5'8 to climb in and out. I'm 5'11 and was cautious. This is typical of any European hotel, though. I really enjoyed the little things like arriving back at the end of a long day to find chocolates on my bed with turndown service, and candles in both the guestroom and bathroom.

Located directly across from St. Stephen's Green and a mere block off Grafton St., the location simply couldn't be better. There's also a Luas stop practically at the doorstep. Additionally, Thornton's restaurant located above the hotel is one of the finest restaurants in all of Dublin. I highly recommend the chef's tasting menu and wine pairing. I did pop into the hotel's lounge/restaurant, and was rather unimpressed. I just didn't like the vibe. This isn't a big deal, as there is always Thornton's upstairs or a plethora of other fantastic pubs and restaurants right at your doorstep.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room facing the green if you plan on spending time in your room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear pdx2006,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. Where possible we will always aim to accommodate early arriving guests, particularly when they have been travelling for many hours. I am delighted that the team took care of you on arrival and that we had a room ready for you. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the room design, décor and amenities.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your tranquil, "garden view". May I suggest that on future stays you reserve a room overlooking St. Stephen's Green.

The central location of the hotel certainly makes exploring the city sights, shops, restaurants and bars exceptionally easy. Thornton's is a Michelin starred restaurant and it is a very special dining experience and it is wonderful that you the opportunity to eat dinner there.

pdx2006, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!