“Great Location and hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #16 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Great Location and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here with my Husband and nephews and found the location to be perfect and the views of St Stephen’s green very nice. The doorman and concierge were very helpful in getting dining reservations. The bathroom was lovely and we liked the firm beds with very nice linens. Enjoyed a daily stop at the bar for our afternoon cocktail

Room Tip: Higher floor for a view of St Stephen's green
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear MJF0907,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us on tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to us and take heart from the positive sentiments you have expressed regarding the hotel bedrooms & our wonderful location.
It was great to read that you found our Concierge & Doorman so helpful.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here on St Stephens day as well as New Years Eve, and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Yes some of the room facilities are a little dated now, but the location is fantastic and the hotel staff are friendly and extremely helpful.

We used both the bar and the cafe/resteraunt facilities and the range on offer is great, for anyone staying the Irish breakfast is a must. Our only recommendation for improvement is the upgrading of some of the in room facilities such as the bathrooms and windows, which are a little drafts when we where there, otherwise we can not fault this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear George B,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your most recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed our fantastic location & that you found the team so friendly & helpful.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

South San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just spent 2 week at the Fitzwilliam Hotel - Dublin. The hotel is central to everything (Grafton & St. Stephens Green) but is showing its age. The staff are very accommodating and helpful. The hotel bar and restaurant are above average. My biggest complaint would be that the rooms. Beds are extremely firm. Air/heat in rooms is loud and funtions inconsistently. Plumbing (hot water) is old so sporadic temperature spikes in shower makes for occasional surprise. Overall, not the best of hotels I have stayed but the staff tries to help.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dan D,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.
It was great to read that you really enjoyed our wonderful location & that you found the staff so helpful.

Whilst from your review I understand that you did find some shortcomings regarding the air conditioning & the shower water temperature.
Can I first of all offer my sincere apologies for these two issues.

Let me assure you that thsese issues will be acted upon immediately.

I would also be delighted to act as your point of contact to ensure any return visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel would be seen as our opportunity to provide the perfect stay.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have always enjoyed staying here on business. I find the rooms comfortable, I love the bathrooms and supplies - I am less a fan of the food, I think it is missing something but then again I am often disappointed by hotel food (in Ireland particularly). But the staff have been pleasent and over all it is somewhere I am happy to travel back to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear JMML18,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide on your most recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed our great location & our very comfortable bedrooms.

It was also good to read that you found the staff so pleasant.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Good - clean, polite, friendly staff. Excellent location. Not badly priced. Comfy bed. Unlimited supply of free mineral water that could be pilfered from the gymnasium fridge.

Bad - lacked character, rooms could do with some TLC - strange lumps under one of the carpets. Particularly strange was the lack of plug for the bath - I assumed that it had gone missing and enquired with the maid, who told me that indeed no plugs were provided. Undeterred, GG and I intrepidly hunted one down in a nearby hardware shop, and once plugged the bath was very nice. Weird though, and a waste of an hour or so. Gym was very small and poorly equipped (aside from mineral water mentioned above)

An amusing aside was when we enquired about how much a taxi to the zoo, the concierge guessed at 30 euros each way. I can only assume he thought we were talking about a different zoo as the trip was 20 euros in total.

We did not have any food so cannot comment, although the room service menu seemed reasonably priced. Overall, not bad, but felt more like a very good 3* hotel, rather than the 5* we were expecting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JGoldsbrough,

It was great to read that you really enjoyed our spotless rooms & wonderful location. It was also heartening to read that you found the staff to be so friendly & polite.

Whilst from your review I understand that you did find some shortcomings regarding bathplugs & the local knowledge of our Concierge.
Can I first of all offer my sincere apologies for these two issues.

Let me assure you that these issues will be acted upon immediately.

Lymington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a slightly odd experience. It took some time to get attention when I arrived at Reception, but the staff were full of apologies when I was finally attended to. The service level from Reception was good thereafter. I was remembered the following morning ("Did you get the .... you required?" etc.). I had a sixth floor room, but the lifts only go to floor 5. The resultant trek is quite demanding. The rooms at the back (" superior") have not much of a view, but are beautifully quiet. They are large, spotless, exceptionally well-appointed and attractively designed. As a place to sleep, this is an excellent choice. Breakfast is a disappointment, more 2 star than 5 star. It's served in a cramped low ceiling mezzanine that feels and looks as if it's been put in as an afterthought. The tables and chairs are close together and of a sort of 1950's kitchen formica quality. Service is amiable but not slick. I had to ask twice for my fried eggs - and then of course they arrived twice! Computer access and printer are complimentary (always a big tick), but there are only two terminals and one was not working. The printer was out of paper. All of these (and other) minor irritations were quickly put right by staff who were invariably friendly and eager to please, but their frequency is slightly off-putting.
The location (on St Stephen's Green at the top of Grafton Street) is perfect.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back (superior), but not if you have trouble with stairs and walking!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear forester99,

It was great to read that you really enjoyed our bedrooms & wonderful location.

Whilst from your review I understand that you did find some shortcomings regarding our
breakfast room & business centre.
Can I first of all offer my sincere apologies for these two issues.

Let me assure you that this will be acted upon immediately.

Blessington, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've just arrived home from our one night stay in the Fitzwilliam. Let me first say I chose this hotel based on reviews, and so it's no surprise that our stay lived up to its' reputation.
It was our wedding anniversary and on check in, my husband asked was it possible to upgrade, which they did. Our fantastic room looked directly out to Stephen's Green, and the view was spectacular.
After dropping our bags to the room, we went to the bar and were promptly followed by the Gentleman on reception who provided us with free cocktails! What a start! After dining at the AMAZING Citron restaurant ( just go. Even if you don't stay at the hotel just go to the restaurant, you will NOT regret it) we ordered one or two drinks and when we went to pay we were told that the drinks were courtesy of the house! We felt so completely spoilt. With a late breakfast which offered continental and cooked breakfasts - we were set for the day. My only teeny weeny negative is the cost of parking - I thought a bit steep at 10 Euro for one night.
Thank you for making our trip so special!!

Room Tip: we were in the city centre and didn't hear a thing - room onto the Green was incredible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rorabella,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed your Wedding Anniversary. It was great to read that you found our team so friendly and that you enjoyed the cocktails in the bar & your Room Service Breakfast.

I look forward to the opportuninty to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!