“Best bed I've slept in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Save Saved
You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #19 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Limerick, Ireland
“Best bed I've slept in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the heart of Dublin City on the 11th December, primarily because I had heard of its reputation as being one of Dublin's finest Hotels.
I was not disappointed. I have to make comments about the exceptional reception & lobby staff that greeted us on the evening. My best impressions were of the staff's attention to detail & complete courteousness. And this was true also on checking out when one young staff member asked "Is there anything else I can do for you today Sir?". I was about to ask him if he wanted to attend my business meeting in my place at 2pm that afternoon, but that might have been too cheeky! Some points to note about this hotel: The decor is superb, classy & welcoming. The staff are exceptionally attentive. The bathroom in the superior room is MASSIVE. The Four Poster beds are amazing & in fact I have asked management if they can source the providers of the mattresses & pillows at the hotel because I suffer from a bad back & I want to buy these for my own home. And lastly, the views from the balcony we had of St. Stephen's Green (Dublin's Central Park!) were amazing & made our morning when we stepped out. Overall, a great experience I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear jameslmk,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us on tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to us and take heart from the positive sentiments you have expressed regarding the hotel & our location. It was also great to read that you found the staff so friendly, attentive & courteous.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

1,486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked 2 rooms at the Fitzwilliam for our stay in Oct 2012. (3 nights)
Staff were really friendly at check in and concierge was also helpful with tips for our time in Dublin.
I was very pleased with the rooms, one of which had a balcony that overlooked the park - it was nice to sit out there and watch the world go by. The rooms were spacious and stylish, bathrooms also very nice and newly decorated.
Location was fantastic. Right on the to of Grafton St, and opposite the park. We strolled through the park many times, it was lovely.
Did not eat at the hotel, so cant comment on that.
Would stay here again and would reccomend to friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels facing the park had a lovely view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear pz25,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our spacious & stylish rooms, the excellent location & found the team so helpful.

I look forward to the opportuninty to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The Fitzwilliam is in the middle of Dublin across from St Stephens green. I had a queen room with a balcony overlooking the green. I highly recommend the balcony rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Shooperlaw,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location & found the team so helpful.

Holywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We staying at the Fitzwilliam hotel in late October, having read numerous reviews. We were not disappointed. Interior was very modern, and clean, overall very boutique style. Our room was on the fifth floor and located not far from the lifts. Our balcony was overlooking St Stephens green, which was fantastic, this was an upgraded room - which I would definitely recommend. Had the weather been better we would definitely have used the patio heater and seats relaxed. Rooms were very well equipped with the usual mini bar, tea / coffee, and luxurious bathroom. Little extra touches were an umbrella and stereo.
Location is perfect with hotel situated just at the top of Grafton Street, close to shops, restaurants and tram.
When we arrived, concierge parked our car for us and again when leaving, they went and brought it round to the front of the hotel, as it was pouring with rain.
Buffet breakfast was one of the best I have seen which included the usual sausage, eggs, bacon, but also cheese platter, smoked salmon, pastries and fruit.
Out of all the hotels I have stayed in Dublin this is by far my favourite, because of location and standard of the hotel.
A really enjayable stay, and I will definitely be back - I cannot recommend this highly enough.

Room Tip: Fantastic view from upgrade rooms at front, with balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pippa-Power,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed a very great stay & that you found our rooms so modern & clean.
It was also fantastic to read that you found breakfast to be so good, as we really take great pride in the quality & variety of our breakfast.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed in this hotel just one night on a business trip. The room was really cosy, with a super comfy bed and very spacious bathroom. The hotel is ideally located near the commercial streets of Dublin and there is plenty of restaurants around the hotel. The rooms with the view on the large park are very nice and not very noisy despite being over the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Public Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear nroth,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location & found your bedroom so spacious & comfortable.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last weekend as a romantic break away. The hotel is located in the best part of Dublin for shopping, sight-seeing and really is the ideal place to be located in the city for a break.

We got a Winter Getaway deal which included 2 nights B&B and for the hotels standard and location I thought we got very good value. The hotel is modern with nicely furnished rooms and well kitted out bathrooms with a powerful shower and good sized bath.

The other stand out point about this hotel besides the location and value were the staff - we were treated very well and everyone we met was extremely professional and welcoming.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: We stayed in a courtyard facing room which for us was a very calm, quiet, relaxing place to be.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AngieMacEire,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location. Most importantly it was great to read that you found our team so professional & welcoming.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend last weekend. We've stayed here on a few occasions and the best thing by far is its location and parking facilities. Once you arrive everything is within walking distance. I only have very minor negatives about our stay the first of which was our room was overlooked by other rooms so for privacy we closed the blinds,no problem there however the lighting is extremely dim. Secondly the hotel seemed lacking in atmosphere,we were the only people at the hotel bar the night we stayed and the next morning we were the only people having breakfast. Finally the gym is pretty small and cramped,I imagine I'd feel uncomfortable if there was more than myself in it.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and most likely would return.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!