“Great Weekend Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Save Saved
You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #15 of 177 hotels in Dublin
UK
“Great Weekend Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend with my husband and we had a great time. The hotel is ideally located on St Stephen's Green just by Grafton Street so you are within easy walking distance of all Dublin attractions. The Hotel itself is very nice, we stayed on the 5th floor where the rooms have balconies overlooking St Stephen's Green. The room was pleasant enough but surprisingly small and was slightly dominated by the 4 poster bed, if it were not for the magnificent view I would probably have been slightly dissappointed. We had cocktails in the bar which had a lively atmosphere and also ate lunch here which was very tasty. Breakfast was of a high standard with eggs cooked to order and everything else you would expect in a buffet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Sarah Benson,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location & the view from the 5th floor balcony room. I was also very pleased to read your positive comments on both our bar food & breakfast in Citron Restaurant.

I look forward to the opportuninty to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

1,503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and the overall experience was great - room was ready when we arrived at noon which was perfect. Very professional staff and amazing service. Only two small things were not perfect; Towels & bathrobes were not as fluffy as expected from a 5 star hotel and curtains did not close completely. Apart from that, great value for money

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nibuerg,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed excellent service from our team.

Let me assure you that your comments on the towels & bathrobes will be taken on board & given immediate priority.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights while on a business trip. Really liked this hotel. The location is perfect. The rooms are spacious and you are not disturbed by other guests. The staff are friendly. Only drwback is the breakfast room which feels a bit small and the service is so so. But in general, I would be happy to stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear marcus_sterky,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed the location, your rooom, the level of staff friendliness.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

2 night stay in this class hotel. Quality abounds, from the superb bar to the luxurious rooms. Staff are very well trained, polite and couteous. Food in the bar was top class. Great selection of beer. Location is ideal, right beside St Stephens Green and Graton St. Bruxelles, with it's Phil Lynott statue, is a 2 minute walk and at the weekend they were still serving at 3am Sun morning. Steaming!!!! Highly recommend his hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Andy W,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our great location, our excellent bar food & that you found our staff so polite & helpful.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

You're made to feel welcome. The rooms are great, it does feel like a boutique hotel. Free wifi. Onpy little minus is breakfast, I ve realised I quite like buffets. Here, breakfast isn't included, and even though you can order everything you want, you have to order the warm stuff, so by the time it turns up you're not that hungry anymore, so I only did it the first day, but maybe it just me that it bothers. Not sure the reception and breakfast staff are trained properly. If you need something changed on your booking i the evening, make sure to double check with the morning staff. Everyone is friendly though amd ready to help, so that's all good.
We had a view over a garden so very quiet.
Hotel very well located.

Room Tip: View over the garden. Garden isnt actually great view because the stones are very common, but you wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear eneia e,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our quiet, comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Let me assure you that your comments on the front office & breakfast teams will be taken on board & further training in these areas will be given priority in our ongoing training programme.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We arrived to this hotel as the last leg of our honeymoon. The location of the hotel is great. I asked for a room overlooking St Stephen's Green as another reviewer recommended but was shot down being told the hotel was packed. Unfortunately that meant my room view was some weird patio area in between the hotel & another building. I closed my blinds right away because it wasn't nice to look at and made me uncomfortable. Also the room was so far from the lift - I know someone has to be the last room in the hall - we weren't even the last. We called concierge to book a restaurant reservation but they were unable to assist stating the restaurant we wanted was booked. Then the breakfast which was included in our booking - the restaurant in the hotel didn't open till 8 am & we needed to leave the hotel by 7:30 am. We got room service as an alternate & had to pick the 7-7:30 am time slot otherwise we could not get a warm breakfast. The room service was delivered wrong and late. The room itself was nice, the shower was great. For the price, there are other hotels I would go back to first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking St Stephen's green - hopefully they will accommodate you.
Dear Jennifer G

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our location & our comfortable rooms.

Whilst from your review I understand that you believe that we need to improve upon our delivery of breakfast room service. Let me assure you that this will be acted upon immediately.

I would also be delighted to act as your point of contact to ensure any return visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel would be seen as our opportunity to provide the perfect stay. I will ensure that on your next stay a front facing room will be allocated for you.

Cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed for a surprise weekend (fri-sun). The gym has only 3 machines in total (2 of which were out of order!) - for a 5 star I found this appalling! The restaurant was equally disappointing with the food served up cold! When I returned my plate, it came back colder still. While the staff were very apologetic, nonetheless this is not good enough for a 5 star. The water from the t-pot at breakfast was dirty (I pointed this out to the staff and they cleaned the pot but the damage was done at this stage). Also, the entrance door of the hotel was left opened for about 20mins during our breakfast on the first morning, as the mezzanine restaurant is located just above the main reception, it meant we were frozen cold for the duration of breakfast! All in all a weekend to forget - more like fawlty towers than a 5 star hotel at the heart of stephens green Dublin I'm afraid!

Dear Honest_JoeCork,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

It is only through comments from people like you that we as a hotel can improve.

Whilst from your review I understand that you believe that we need to carry out some improvements in a number of areas. In particular you the fact that you had to return some mashed potato twice & that you recieved hot water discoloured by a tea bag is inexcusable.

Let me assure you that this will be acted upon immediately.

Further to your comments being raised, a meeting has been held, to ensure that this does not happen again.

From talking to the manager on duty over the weekend of your stay I believe you have been compensated financially for our shortcomings.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!