“Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

You added Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 St Stephen's Green, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Hotel Packages
Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and 11 year old daughter had never been to Ireland and this was a perfect 'home-base' for us. As the other reviews stated it is in a great location with lots of things to do. On the weekends it gets very busy and crazy but nothing to be worried about. It was close the the train, sight seeing tours, places to eat and St. Stephens square is a must! Stop and feed the swans and ducks. Its a blast!

Pro's
Great location
All around good service
Free Irish Breakfast - eggs, potatoes and other stuff to order. Nothing fancy but good.
Eton Mess in the bar was amazing!
Rooms were nice...small but nice.

Con's
Room were small for 3 people...queen size and roll away bed.

We will return if we visit Dublin again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Colleen, H,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our location, the level of service & breakfast in Citron Restaurant.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
Newry, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

stayed in the fitzwilliam hotel for 2 nights .nice hotel great location . very expensive for what you get .room was very hot and stuffie couldnt sleep as it was to warm and if you opened the window the noise from out side went on until approx 4.30am and i just was getting into a sleep when the luas outside started up with a bell ringing every few minutes what a nitemear .i am sure there r better hotels in the same area with less noise and a lot cheaper .would never stay in this hotelagain also the room was very small and there seem to be a lot of heat coming out of the bathroom ,i was lucky i was in the room on my own orther wise it would be very cramped not value for money and i would not recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: ask for a large room away from the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ronaldo007

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our location & the hotel.

Whilst from your review I understand that you did not have a good sleep due to the noise outside. Let me assure you that we are in the middle of a maintenance/noise insulation programme that will eventually eliminate this problem

I would also be delighted to act as your point of contact to ensure any return visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel would be seen as our opportunity to provide the perfect stay.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Dublin in October 2012. We found this hotel to be very nice and in a great location with plenty of things in walking distance. Grafton street is right around the corner and St. Stephen's Green is across the street. Our room was also very nice. Very clean and just the right amount of space for the two of us. The only downside is that there are a few homeless people camped out a few yards away from the hotel entrance. Not a huge deal since it is a large city, but definitely felt a little unsafe at night as one lady followed us to the hotel and tried to pick a fight with my husband. A little unsettling, but it definitely did not ruin the trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear ErinandTony,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our location & comfortable rooms.

I look forward to the opportuninty to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Decided to get away and went to republic match in dublin. Away with no kids so decided to stay here, expensive for a rpom you could not swing a cat in ecpecting more and breakfast was not great and seating not comfortable. We expected more for our money !!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Ekn222

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

Whilst from your review I understand that you believe there is room for improvement regarding the quality of our breakfast & the comfort of the chairs in our Restaurant. Let me assure you that this will be acted upon.

New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel at last minute, as I could not get into the Westbury.
I would rate this hotel as good, average is a little unfair hence the very good status.
The room was nice, although the carpet was worn out in the bedroom, but pretty good for 220 euro per night at last minute.
The highlight would be the breakfast menu - fantastic. They had amazing service and the food was perfect, as was the coffee. The business centre saved me, as I had to last minute change flights etc, and print out flight itinerary etc - all done at no cost without the assistance of someone - I think these little things make a difference in 5 star hotels.
The check in was a little so, so - but all other aspects were good. I found this room quite noisy - but that seems to be something that is more common in the older buildings. This was a pretty basic room as it was only me staying.
The location is also excellent, different part of town - probably I would describe as more eclectic - where the Wetsbury is more luxurious.
I stayed here two nights, and then went back to the Westbury for another two nights before leaving for New Zealand - which was more 50 euro more expensive per night but I think worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear euro 79,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our great location, the quality of our breakfast and our business centre.

Whilst from reading your review I see that we need to focus on improving our guest check-in procedures. Please let me assure you that this will be acted upon immediately.

Oldsmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Fitzwilliam is an excellent hotel! For us it was especially convenient being across from St. Stephen's Green and just off Grafton. Getting around Dublin from the Fitzwilliam was so easy! The hotel has a very modern decor with well appointed rooms. They have made great use of the space in the rooms with their clean simple decor. The staff was always helpful and accommodating. The conceirge was also helpful in getting reservations for us. We needed to change rooms as ours smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The staff quickly responded and had us in the room next door within a few minutes. Breakfasts each morning were excellent.

Room Tip: Our king-room had a balcony and overlooked a courtyard which made it seem more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelinkers,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our great location, decor of the rooms, the professionalism of service and the quality of our breakfast.

Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Right in St Stephens Green, this as a great location for a hotel for the weekend. The rooms were decent with all the amenities you would expect. Breakfast in the restaurant offered a good variety of hot and cold foods, with eggs cooked freshly to order. The only niggle would be weak coffee. Overall the staff were friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the stay and would return to the hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Angie047,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

The team and I would like to thank you for the very positive sentiments you have expressed regarding the quality & decor of our bedrooms, the in-room amenities and the variety of breakfast.
I was also pleased to read that you found our staff so friendly & helpful.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Been to Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!