“good quality 4 star hotel- could not fault it!” 5 of 5 stars

BEST RATES ON HILTON.COM
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
london
“good quality 4 star hotel- could not fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I don't normally bother writing these reviews but as my boyfriend and I were so impressed with this hotel, we felt obligated to do so! On average we payed £95 a night on a thomas cook deal which included a deluxe king size room and buffet breakfast. The room was lovely and the food selection in the morning was excellent. Typical cooked breakfast, cerals, pastries and lots of fruit! The service was excellent through out, and they were not the type to hang out looking for tip all the time! Location was excellent- just south of st stephens grren- easily walk into centre in 15 mins. In the "posh" area! On out last day, we asked for late check out, they were happy we stayed there till 4pm free of charge- which again we were shocked about as most places do try and charge!
Definately not a 5 star due to lack of facilities- only gym, massage, business centre and restaurant in hotel. however excellent 4 star for a city break

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

The hotel staff were very accommodating by allowing us to check in early with no hassles. The door men were very hospitable. The room was nicely appointed with plush beddings, high quality duvet and goose down pillows. Toiletries were made in Italy and high quality. Fridge had plenty of snacks/drinks and thick cotton robes/ slippers were a nice touch. TV was a bit old and should have been replaced. Location is great, only minutes from Grafton Street and across from the National Concert Hall. St. Stephens Green is around the corner.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I'm a regular guest at the Conrad on both corporate business and pleasure when work allows a break (staying as I write). In total I have stay at the hotel 23 times over the past 2 years and I feel that I am very much in a position to make a judgement on this hotel. I have always found the facilities excellent, very comfortable and luxurious rooms and some lovely individual touches which always make me feel appreciated. On most visits I dine in the restaurant 'Alex' which is a Seafood restaurant and have found both the food and service to be comparable with Dublins top restaurants. Service in general is top class, staff always professional and effecient. I always recommend this hotel to any of my business colleagues, as I trust them to be genuine in their efforts to be a luxury hotel. Of course they are not always perfect, no one is, however they genuinely do care when they make a mis-take to correct it - thats the difference for me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

e staff were most helpful and informative and really went to great lengths
my room was very good bed-most comfortable with great dublin views and so quiet and peaceful fora city centre hotel te parking and location suited me as was so close to the city centre i made good use of the lobby food and drinks service

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed here just one night after checking out of a disappointing experience at a different hotel. We thought the front desk and door staff were very professional and accommodative. They allowed us to check in early, which was a huge plus because it was our last day and needed to shower and get out to sightsee. The room was spacious and the bed comfy with a very plush duvet. The toiletries are very nice and the fridge is well stocked for your comfort. They provide you with robes and packaged slippers, which is what one would expect from a true 5-star hotel. Other normal ammenities include wake up service, an in-room safe, daily newspaper, and turn-down service.

The only real complaint I have with The Conrad is the old T.V., and that is why I gave the rooms a 4-star. To be a true 5-star, they need modern, large LCD T.V.'s. The lobby and hallways could also use a bit more flare, as they are nice, but a bit simple and understated.

Overall, we would gladly stay here again if we could get a good rate. We got a great rate of $160 USD from Priceline.com. Had we paid the going rate of $260 USD, I would not be as happy with my stay, because I think that would not be a terribly good value. However, this is a solid choice for staying in Dublin if price is not an option for you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kildare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Stayed at the conrad with 2 teenagers, 11yr old, parents and friend ,as kids were performing in concert hall that night. It was also my parents 53rd wedding anniversary and we decided to treat them to a night out. The hotel and rooms were fine but not 5* but what left me so dissapointed was the very poor service, both in the bar and restaurant. We decided to eat in the Alex Resteraunt and were asked to come in at 5.30 as we had to be out by 8pm. Having been seated and being the only people in the place we had to wait 15mins to order. Having ordered just soup for my daughter as she had to leave early, we still had not received it by 6.20. I asked a waiter could he bring the soup as she had to leave at 6.30, which he did. My older daughter then walked her accross to the concert hall and returned and the rest of the party still had not recieved their starter. Starter arrived at 6.35. I have no complaints about the starters except the length of time it took to get them. Our main courses arrived at 7.15 and they were appalling. Sea bass was small and dried up sitting on top of a green soup, think batchelors pea's cook to mush. Rabbit and chicken was also overcooked and dried up and my beef was like leather. We had ordered a selection of veg and chips for the table and the waiter arrived with one portion of mash, one of chips and one of broccoli and asparagus. this was for 6 people. we had to order more veg. Everything was dried up and overcooked and badly presented. I would definately not eat there again.
We had to leave without ordering dessert or tea or coffee
On arriving back after the concert we sat in the bar/foyer as there is no definative area that you could say was a bar, very open plan, a waitress was about to take our order when my 11year old walked over, the waitress refused to even take our order while my daughter was standing there. I explained that she was going straight up to her room but no go until she left the foyer. That is taking licencing laws to the extreme. My older two children then came in and we were subjected to another interrogation as to their age. explained that they were both almost 18 and they just wanted something to eat after a long day. Same story, My children ended up walking to grafton St to get a burger at 11.30pm. I am appalled that I paid to be treated like this. later on I noticed that parents and children were being served in another area of the bar/foyer but nobody told us that if we moved just two tables over we could be served. unforunately I did not complain as I did not want to ruin my parents night out but they won't get my custom again.
Very dissapointed

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
inverness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Breakfast and room service excellent.Decor in "deluxe" room disappointing-well in need of a paint job!Alex restaurant is over-rated.I enjoyed my seafood linguini and brie in filo pastry but my husband`s sea bass was all skin and no fish,drowning in what we could only describe as a "mushy pea" sauce!Their other bar,Alfie`s was closed until 9 January which certainly annoyed the guests we spoke to and don`t look for the gift shop-it`s no longer there!!However,on a positive note,all the staff were lovely,especially Barbara (PR?)Due to the decor of our room,we would not rate this a 5 star hotel,but might recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Conrad Dublin? Share your experiences!