“Another great weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
armagh
“Another great weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed for the umpteenth time at the Conrad Hotel at the beginning of March. The standards are still as high as ever in terms of service and food etc. The location is superb being right next to St Stephens Green and yet it is a quiet location ensuring that a good nights sleep is achievable. Underground car parking is a bonus.
Can't wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: We have stayed in many different rooms and could not complain about any.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ConradDublin, General Manager at Conrad Dublin, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear coarmaghayes,
I am delighted to see you had another wonderful stay at the Conrad Dublin, and thank you for your loyalty. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Martin Mangan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was thoroughly impressed with the awesome quality of service at this hotel. The front desk, bell hop, bar service staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful (always above and beyond). My dad and I were visiting in Dublin for two days before heading on a road trip around Southern Ireland. This hotel was perfectly situated for all of the main tourist attractions without being in the "thick of things". It was a beautiful hotel, the room was comfortable and incredibly clean. The business center was a great bonus for us to check our email.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stryker4,
Thank you for your review of the Conrad Dublin, I am delighted that you had a wonderful time. I certainly hope that you will return to visit in the future to experience another fantastic stay.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I travel for a living. This hotel is top-notch.

We checked in at 11:30 pm on late arrival. We booked through lastminute.com and our reservation had not made it to the hotel. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind, and even gave us an upgrade to the deluxe room because of the error on the website's behalf.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the staff was still polishing tables and working, despite the late hour. One employee in particular, Francisco, was amazing. He brought room service late one night on my stay. He also noticed I had the sniffles from a cold and brought me a box of tissues in a small bag while I was in the Lobby Lounge. Another time, my fiance asked for toothpaste at the front desk and it made it back to the room before he did!!

THE BED is the most comfortable bed I have had the pleasure of sleeping on. I'm still dreaming about the silky soft cotton sheets and beautiful fluffy king sized pillows. Seriously some of the best sleep I have had in Ireland.

The location is good enough. A 6 euro cab ride (from one of the many waiting cabs in queue outside) will get you around most places if you don't want to walk. St. Stephen's Green is literally on the corner.

I can't speak to all of the hotel food, but the chicken club at the Lounge was tasty. I tend not to eat where I sleep. Check out Green 19 for lunch or Dunne & Crescenza for dinner.

I have no negative comments about any part of this hotel. It is perfection, even down to the thick, quilted toilet paper!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConradDublin, General Manager at Conrad Dublin, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear chartergirlV,
I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful stay at the Conrad Dublin from beginning to end. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future. Thank you for taking the time to submit such a glowing review.
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great Hotel!

Everything you could possibly want whilst away from home.

Reception Staff are very professional, friendly and helpful.

I had the standard room as the hotel was full and upgrades not possible. The bed was so comfortable and the pillows amazing. The bathroom was luxurious will all needs catered for.

Location is perfect. Great stay and will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: None needed!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear feedee61,
Many thanks for your review of the Conrad Dublin. I am delighted that you had a wonderful and that you will return, we look forward to welcoming you back. Just to note for your information the Conrad Dublin is a 5 star property. Thank you once again for your time.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Conrad. Service was very good from check-in to check-out. I arrived in my car and, when I went to find out about parking, my luggage was fetched and the car was valet-parked. Impressive. Check-in went smoothly and my luggage was delivered to my room, even though I was staying in a standard room. I enjoyed a glass of wine in the bar and ate a bar meal which was delicious. For me, value was great as I was able to use Hilton reward points for my room. The only downside for me was that there is no swimming pool—I'm not a gym bunny—but as my stay was for one night it wasn't an issue.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cheerfulchick,
I am delighted to see that you had a wonderful visit and found our service impressive. I certainly hope that you will return in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Conrad Dublin is in a great central location to the most popular tourist attractions- Stephens Green, Grafton Street, Trinity College and a very easy short walk to St Patrick's Cathedral and Dublin Castle. And if you don't feel like walking, there is always a line of cabs ready to take you anywhere.

The hotel itself is fairly modern (not as Modern as the US Conrad's, but good enough for a European Hotel), well maintained, incredibly clean and a good value. Since it’s slightly off the main drag, it’s a very quiet hotel. You can't hear any outside noise from your room.

The Staff: Very knowledgeable, they provided some great recommendations on food and sights.

The Rooms: Clean, spacious, great beds (especially if you like your mattress on the softer side) and quiet.

Overall, great stay, we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JJFigs,
Thank you for your recent review of the Conrad Dublin. I am delighted to see that you will stay again and you are most welcome.
Looking forward to your return.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Can't wait to spend 8 nights at this hotel as we return to our favorite country. This is one of the nicest hotels in all of Ireland. They always treat us with like we are family at this hotel.
By the way, congralations to Martin Mangan, the General Manager at the Conrad. He was awarded the 2011 Hospitality Manager of the Year by the Irish Hospitality Institute, sponsored by the Irish TImes. Martin is a real asset to the Conrad. He and his staff really focus on making their guests feel welcome and comfortable. He is very deserving of the award! Way to go, Martin!!!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear KP2828,
Many thanks for your kind review of the Conrad Dublin. I am delighted you have a wonderful visit each time and thank you for your loyalty. We certainly look forward to your return in June.
Martin Mangan

Been to Conrad Dublin? Share your experiences!