“Great Hotel and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

BEST RATES ON HILTON.COM
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Hotel and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed at the Conrad hotel (Hilton property, I am Diamond Member), to begin our 25th wedding anniversary and golfing tour of Ireland. What a great start and wonderful city. We were upgraded to a corner suite, after a very friendly and warm greeting by the young lady who checked us in. The room was excellent and all staff were freinding and attended to every detail. The manager left a plate of chocolates with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. How do you beat that! Loved the city of Dublin Hello all at the Conrad, because of you we will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ConradDublin, General Manager at Conrad Dublin, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear HCBIII,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Conrad Dublin, I am delighted you had such a fantastic visit. We look forward to your to return in the future.

Martin Mangan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
enniskillen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

we have stayed at the conrad several times before.parking is great for a city centre hotel..we were greeted by friendly and very efficent reception staff.we didnt get the receptionists name but you are the lady with the little pregnant bump.thankyou for your friendly and helpful check in.i feel receptionists are always over looked when it comes to recommendations..room was great as always.breakfast was somewhat disappointing..it took three times to order coffee and toast which finally arrived when we had finished our cooked breakfast...the fried egg ordered never made it to the table..would i go back?yes of course.a great hotel close to so many wonderful amenities

Room Tip: 7th floor has some spectacular views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear sheilaandjj,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review of the Conrad Dublin. Your kind words have been passed on and I would like to thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback as it enables us to ensure all of our valued guests are satisfied time and time again.
We most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

vienna, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Conrad Dublin . . .yes, let's see . . .where to start. How about the hotel only having one working elevator for the first 5 days of our stay. Guess what . . .the second elevator magically was repaired when the English rugby team appeared! Only, their appearance was such a huge "security" concern that the hotel deemed it necessary to close down their business center . . .somewhat of a problem when both an earthquake and hurricane are heading towards your home in the States and you are travelling without a computer and the only American channel you get is Bloomburg News . . .not even CNN!

Ah, yes . . .the rooms . . well, in this day and age, no flat screen tv's and this is in what is supposed to be a 5 star property. Then, there were the banging pipes and the room switch that was made to another room directly below the initial room, in spite of discussion that the same issue would probably exist. Well, guess what . . .it did! So, after making a transatlantic flight for a stay in the Conrad for 7 days, on arriving we are now in our 3rd room.

It's good that my husband and I are somewhat conservative in our use of shampoo and conditioner, because they were never replaced until the 5th day of our stay. Alas, the need for water was greater but I guess providing a replacement water (guaranteed as we are longtime Hilton Honors members) was too much of a challenge for the housekeeping staff.

Then, there is the restaurant . . .well, I've worked in the hospitality industry and I was under the impression that making the customer happy was a priority for most establishments. However, try as I may, I was always placed at a 2 top table right by the swinging door. When I inquired about moving, I was told the 4 tops were saved for larger parties . ..even when the restaurant was half full. This was particularly insidious when on the last morning of our stay, we requested to sit at a table by the window, 10 minutes before breakfast ended, to once again be rebuffed. At this point, I just had to inquire, "Are you expecting a mad rush for breakfast in the next 10 minutes, to which I was told, "Yes." Well, guess what . . .we just moved ourselves, and the restaurant remained nearly empty.

Perhaps the most egregious example of poor customer service (which also bordered on criminal behavior . . .keep reading) occurred with my lost missing coat. I was almost certain that I had left my coat in the bar and realized my error early the next morning. After inquiring at the front desk as to whether one had been turned in, I was quickly told no. I then inquired as to where it would have been put if it had been turned in, and was pointed to a coat closet right by reception (which appeared to be holding the outer garments of employees) and told that I was free to look there for my missing jacket. Not finding it (and subsequently realizing that my camera was also in my pocket), the search became more intense. After speaking with the manager on duty, we were then told that there was an actual lost and found and were asked as to whether anyone had checked that for us. Well, I don't know about you, but don't you think that front office reception would know about the lost and found in their own hotel? But . . .just remember . . .the English rugby team was checking in and certainly are much bigger and better looking than 2 middle-aged Americans. The manager then contacted us by phone and we were told that although they had checked for the missing coat in the lost and found, that they were extremely sorry that no coat was found. Keep reading . . .when I informed the manager that I would have to report this to the LOCAL POLICE because of insurance reasons, you have to believe me . .I am not making this up and swear on my only child's life . .within 5 minutes, there was a knock on the door and the coat (along with the missing camera) just magically showed up!

I believe that it is important for management to hear about problems such as these if their hotel is to maintain its reputation and quite honestly, I felt that we had been more than patient and deserved some restitution. So, when checking out, I asked to speak to the manager on duty (I won't name him but believe me I'd like to) and he thanked me for preparing a list of issues we had over our week long stay. When he inquired as to how he could make things better, I told him that all I wanted was my Hilton Honors points (it was a double point period) which apparently you are not entitled to if you book through a special on Expedia . . who knew?

This same manager was quite gracious and patient and assured me this would happen and even confirmed such in an email to me. His email confirmed that these points would be posted within the next 72 hours (this was August 27th) and was extremely apologetic for our unsatisfactory stay. Well, guess what? They have yet to appear in my Hilton Honors account and 4 days ago, I emailed him back and included a copy of his confirmation of such (and also cc'd the General Manager) As of this morning, no response (should I be surprised?!) So, I ask you . . .would you ever want to stay in such a place again?

Now, I am dealing with corporate offices and we will see what occurs . . .personally, I think Conrad Hilton would be appalled.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to elevators
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ConradDublin, General Manager at Conrad Dublin, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
The Conrad Dublin has always acted and behaved in a professional manner and I am proud of the service we offer here in the Conrad Dublin and of the team we have in place. Never in my time as General Manager has the integrity of my team been called into question.

I have written to this guest and we will deal with this in a professional manner.

Martin Mangan General Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here with a friend for four nights this month and we really enjoyed our stay. You won't get points with your hipster friends for staying here as it is a basic modern corporate hotel but you will enjoy a nice large well-furnished room and really helpful and friendly staff. Buffet breakfast is great and the wait staff were so friendly and professional - first class all the way. Room had crazy small old TV - like you might find in a kitchen in the 1980s but they were being replaced with flat screens when I was there and I understand they have all been replaced at this point. No complaints otherwise. Hotel is near a nice park. It is walking distance from all the central Dublin hot spots yet nicely removed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
ConradDublin, General Manager at Conrad Dublin, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear sfotraveler9,
It is fantastic to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to the Conrad Dublin, I am happy to inform you that all TV’s have now been replaced with our new flat panel LED & LCD HD TV's.
We look forward to a return visit and you are most welcome.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I tend to try to stay here when in Dublin although often the pricing of this property is somewhat in excess of other offerings that are currently available.

However, When I do stay here it is always a pleasure. (3 stays in the last 6 months)

There is a quiet efficiency and subtlty to the service.

Look forward to returning

HHonors Diamond level member

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear EuroTravellerPG,
Thank you for your recent review, Thank you for your loyalty to the Conrad Dublin and we look forward to your return visit.
Apalachin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Service, service service!!! These folks are all about taking care of their guests. From the moment we walked in the door to be greeted by Eva, to the housekeeper and the super efficient breakfast staff, everyone made us feel like kings and queens. The common areas are top-notch. I have to say our suite was getting a little dated, but was still extremely comfortable and the bathroom and amenities were super. Great location, just far enough from the busyness to be a good get away, but close enough to everything to remain convenient. You will not be sorry for staying here!

Room Tip: Go for a suite!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear MacFamily23,
Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review of the Conrad Dublin. I am delighted to hear you had such a superb visit and enjoyed everything from the service to the amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
southport, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had a wonderful 3 night stay during the terrential rain over the weekend in Dublin. The staff at check in were very welcoming and as we had arrived after an early morning flight we were given a room at 10.30am how wonderful!
The breakfast was lovely as was lunch. We ate our evening meals around Dublin.
We would recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear catherine064,
I am delighted to see you had such a wonderful visit to the Conrad Dublin and that you will recommend to everyone, I hope you will return to visit also. Thank you for the time you have taken to give some feedback.
Martin Mangan

Been to Conrad Dublin? Share your experiences!