“Fab Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin
“Fab Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and myself stayed here the week of our wedding somewhere nice to stay while finalizing our wedding plans while still in Dublin. This hotel is a boutique hotel and very stylish. Lovely decor and very modern, our bedroom was white with a huge silver bed, I loved it..very girly I was informed. Nice big tv in the corner and great ensure bathroom. We didn't spend much time there as we were out watching an NFL game..but wish we could have stayed in and not gone out it was that nice. Funny thing was on our way back from watching the football game we went to walk into the hotel bar from the street and the bouncer wouldn't let us in..regulars only, I explained we were residents and he wasn't having it..so we went into the reception and walked into the bar anyway out of principal..kind of rude and out of order since we were definitely not intoxicated and were actual residents of the hotel it left a bad taste in our mouths about the hotel. It's still fabulous and I love the decor. In the heart if Temple bar so beside the action...but kind of pricey, specially being refused a beverage from the residence bar :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the temple bar side..quite loud
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Sinead_Harold Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that you are getting some of this sun hitting Dublin right now. 22 degrees and climbing with not a drop of rain for four days now. There are rumours of another heat wave on the way so fingers crossed. Sinead_Harold, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative review of your recent stay with us. I'm really sorry for the issues with the security. I've forwarded on your comments to our bar manager and he is looking into this as I type you this email. Sinead_Harold, please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying with us and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can start again at being friends. Once again thank you for the random act of kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Who knows, the Seahawks may suprise us all again

Joe Foran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Morgan is in a great location and has a really funky/eclectic decor that was interesting. The part that did bother us was the very dim lighting even in the rooms. The mattress was very hard but we were so jet lagged that it didn't bother us. On a longer stay that might not be the case. The bathroom was fine but the shower water wasn't too warm even though the water pressure was good. Our "view" was looking directly at the balconies next door which are VERY close!! Keep the blinds closed because people use those balconies and can see directly into the room. The receptionist was very friendly and provided us with maps and directions to places we wanted to go. Parking is across the street and ask the hotel to stamp the ticket for a reduced parking rate. The continental breakfast is pretty decent and the coffee was better then expected! The downstairs does turn into a nightclub but it didn't bother us and we didn't hear anything. We were definitely not young or cool enough to join that crowd :) Overall we liked the hotel but we would probably try out something else in the neighborhood next time just to see what else is out there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
account4fun, Hello I hope your keeping well. I have sent you a private message through Tripadvisor and I look forward to hearing back from you. Enjoy this weather while it lasts

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I reviewed this hotel before but I thought I would do an update.
Great for business travel as is in the middle of everything .
The rooms are spacious and modern, comfy beds and decent sized bathrooms very boutique style .
The bar and restaurant is very trendy and chilled .
There is a 24 hour car park opposite with discounts for hotel.
Can get noisy at weekends tip is ask for a room out the back .

Room Tip: Back of hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
paul meekin, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your getting some of this sun hitting this fine country at the moment. I've heard of another heat wave on it's way but I dont want to start any rumours right now lol. Paul, what a nice review to read first thing on a Saturday morning. Great way to start the day with such positivity, thank you. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com when you have a moment. We're coming up with a special " rewards / thank you " gift and seeing as your review has just won review of the month I would like you to be the first to avail of this. Thank you again Paul for the random act of kindness, and I look forward to hearing back from you

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Morgan for 4 nights in May and really enjoyed the stay. The room was great and always clean. The decor at the hotel is quirky and have it a great feel. Location was also a plus, everything within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014
Cara76, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Cara76, thank you so much for taking time out and writing a review of your stay with us from May. Wow, we must have left a great impression, thank you. Well, it's 20 degrees here today and climbing and not a drop of rain for four days now. Another heat wave on the way I've heard, so fingers crossed. Cara76 our location is Amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the heart of Dublin's Temple Bar surrounded by all of it's wildlife and adventures. Something for everyone, and keeps them coming back for more. With a score of 11 on the funked up meter, and being the coolest, hottest, hippest most happening spot in the country, it's always so nice to get such warm hearted reviews such as your's. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later. Be well

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Morgan is located in the heart of the action in Dublin. It's decor is quirky (the elevator has the Mona Lisa mooning the guest) but fun. The rooms were good sized, with comfy beds, a big modern bathroom, and more quirky decor. Major sights are all within easy walking distance. Staff was most helpful and accommodating. One felt like they were really glad to have to have you as a guest. Will definitely stay again if I am ever so lucky to go to Dublin again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
jgsherwood, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Thanks for the great, fun, cool, uplifting and all around nice / thoughtful review. It is Amazing how many emails and comments I get about the Mona Lisa mooning lift. The most popular lift in town and quite possibly the country. Each and everyone of our signature design pieces scattered strategically throughout the entire hotel helping to create the renown Morgan Vibe, which in turn has everybody coming back for more. At the Morgan we have the best staff in the country full stop. Each and everyone of them hand picked and tweaked to perfection and encouraged to go the extra distance. You will not find closer or more personal staff anywhere on the planet who in turn match the funked up atmosphere. jgsherwood, once again my friend thank you for the random act of kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

There's a lot to like here. We have a delux room on the first floor (that's not the ground floor) in the back. At the moment, have spent 3 of our 4 nights at the hotel.

The good/great:
1) Location is perfect. It's near hundreds of shops and eateries. A grocery is almost directly across the street!
2) Room large enough and clean. Overall, it's been very quiet, mostly, even on past Friday and Saturday nights. (See exception below.) Shower was strong and hot. Towels were thick and robes (2) are excellent!
3) The staff were very nice.
4) Breakfast (included in delux room) is a very good buffet with lots of options. Hours for food are very generous. No need to rush down each morning!
5) Lobby and bar's decor is very sleek and cool. I liked it!
6) Gym memberships, included, were useful. Gym (called Crunch) is well-equipped and not crowded. Gym staff are very nice. Our room included 3 visits for each of us and we used them all. It's locate just around the block. (Most visually interesting gym decor I've ever seen. Owned by hotel?)

The not so good:
1) The beds are very firm/hard. We both agree on that. (Linens fine) Pillows (2each) large but very firm, too. (We came from a less expensive but even higher-end b&b in Wales with a spectacular bed so this was a BIG change.)
2) Also, there is some very loud banging about once or twice an hour. Loud enough to interrupt sleep. Fairly certain it's fellow guests or house keeping not closing the heavy room doors gently. (We solved that problem at home by simply adding rubber cushions to door jams.) I think it's also staff using the housekeeping closets. I'm wearing ear plugs (provided) each night, which helps. Also, if turning of shower off quickly, pipes bang VERY loudly. If you turn off slowly, there's no bang. Should be fixed or a sign posted by tub with this tip.

Wifi/wireless: I specifically asked for a room with a good signal because we have ongoing matters back home. My request was somewhat dismissed at front desk during checkin, as if all rooms have excellent wifi. Well, not so. Apparently, all rooms have poor signal (as seen on our devices' lists) except a mysteriously strong signal coming from room 316! Yes, we can connect to wifi but it's slow. Perhaps using a cable (cat 5) would work better?

Wall plugs. Ideally a top notch hotel would have an outlet at each night table, bedside (or at least one side of bed) so one can charge device and check it from bed. Also, I use my phone as night clock (none was provided) but that drains the battery overnight so best to plug phone when using the night clock app. All room outlets are at desk at other end of room. (Bathroom also has outlets.)

The only issue

Stayed June 2014
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
sailorcat60 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Now thats a review, Thank you. And thank you for taking time out and writing it During your stay with us. I have forwarded on your issues / comments to the relevant departments and believe you me these are being looked into as I type this email. Well, thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

stayed here for two nights,right in the heart of temple bar great local, rooms were clean and well equipped and a comfy bed for a great nights sleep would recommend a stay here ,staff were very helpful nothing seemed to be a problem,would stay here again.

Room Tip: tell them its a special occasion and most likely you will get an upgrade also you want a room at the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Kennyl11, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Kennyl11, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, caring and special review of your recent suprise 50th ( or fourty ten as it's called now ) birthday with us. Excellent, thank you. It's always such a nice feeling, an honour in fact when people decide to stay with us for memorable and special occasions. At the Morgan we do Birthdays really well. I do hope you realize that you've started a trend now and we fully expect to see you back with us for your 51st lol. Please email me direct before hand and we'll come up with something off the wall and all funked up for that one. Kennyl11, thank you for the kind words towards our staff. At the Morgan we have the best staff in the country full stop. Each and everyone of them are hand picked and tweeked to perfection and encouraged to go the extra distance. Kennyl11, thank you once again my young friend, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later

Joe Foran

Been to The Morgan? Share your experiences!