“Tis Eccentric” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Tis Eccentric”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have t say the bar men are full of wonders, they actually are well trained at bar tending. The best time to go here is off peak hours, nice and quiet and everything is much cheaper. Nice to go on a day date in. But the night is more for a good group of friends, t have some fun. The music is outstanding, i was impressed with their jazz and bongo performance and that was just a sunday night, i can only imagine what a friday or saturday is like. We came in with a lot of bags and we asked the reception to mind it for us and it was no problem. The time i had went before I was speaking with a receptionist and she had answered all my questions and was so helpful, i think her name was Julia.She had blonde curly hair with dark roots. Some of the people that go there are weird, which isn't such a bad complaint.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Shiela C, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. I've heard that Weird is the new in thing to be. Weird though can be described as so many different ways. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange. The list goes on and on. It's amazing the way life works in cycles isn't it. What was once " weird " or "uncool" is now "in" and "hip", like the rubix cube, or old nintendo games. Anyway Shiela C, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, retro, and all around funtastic review of us. In a way your review is a bit weird so your totally in style I see. People from all over this planet come to us for our Vibe. An energy that flows through every nano inch of the hotel, helping to enhance the senses to new and unexplored levels of light, sound and energy. An awsome experience that has us quite possibly the coolest spot on earth. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more, and I am delighted that your name is now on the list. Shiela C, once again thank you for your random act of kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well and stay Weird

Eddie Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of the location and convenience. Both were very good. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. Many restaurants( good and poor) and pubs were within walking distance. Trinity College and the Book of Kells were just around the corner. BUT, there are far too many shortfalls to recommend this hotel. Our room 411 faced Fleet st. and was very noisy.

The room did not have temperature control. It became hot so we had to open a window to cool and the noise from the street became worse.

Carpets in the hall were stained. The noise from the Morgan bar was simply terrible and they played late into the night.

First hotel I've ever stayed in that provided ear plugs. We will not stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hi HalVan I hope your well. I havent heard back from you so just making sure you're okay.

Joe Foran
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

As an ex-resident of Dublin, it's interesting to come back and live out of a hotel for a few days. The Temple Bar area would not have been a first choice - it's loud, and overpriced for beers and food. But on the recommendation of a friend I checked into the Morgan.

This is a small hotel that's right in the middle of the temple bar action. As such, both the nightlife (in all it's glory) is immediately on-hand. But so is easy walking access to all the major sights of Dublin city centre. So full marks for walkability.

The hotel itself is 'boutique' in atmosphere. A small intimate lobby, with a nice décor and ambience, and a welcoming staff. Just adjacent is a substantial dining area where I did grab breakfast one morning. Buffet style, immediate seating and good quality fare. The coffee took a little while to arrive but overall a good breakfast experience.

Room itself is small. A double bed and essential furniture. But I have stayed in more compact rooms in other major cities for sure. No sign of air conditioning, but in April this is not an issue. Dublin hotels can get a little stuffy in summer, so something to check other reviews for a view on.

My stay was midweek, and just before the tourist season kicked off. So I didn't notice any noise pollution.

They have a deal with the parking garage across the street (literally) although the price break is for a full 24 hours. For shorter stops, or over night, the garage rate is better than the hotel. They do advise you of this.

Checkout again was swift and friendly.

Overall a well run, well maintained little city break hotel right in the Temple Bar 'action'. If that's what you're after!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
shayg1979, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. shayg1979, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, positive, informative, friendly and overall funked up review of your recent stay with us. That was really nice of you, thank you. It's Amazing how kindness works. I read yesterday that kindness was contagious, and after reviews such as yours, straight from the heart I see this to be proven true.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I recently had a very pleasant stay at The Morgan. Reception staff were friendly, the room was spacious, comfortable and clean, the bar area is modern and funky and breakfast is plentiful. (However please note your potato bread is awful - it should never be deep fried, the oil oozing out of it was disgusting, what must tourists think? It should be lightly fried with minimal oil)
This aside - a lovely time was had.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GAWA75, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the sun is shining wherever you may be. In life, time is one thing we never get back, so the fact that you took some of your time and wrote a review of your recent stay with us is an honour, thank you. The potato bread. I've forwarded on your comments on the Potato bread to our Kitchen department and this is being looked into as I type this email to you. Thank you. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying in Dublin and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment and we'll see if we can start again at being friends. Anyway, thank you again and enjoy your weekend, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later and we can have a chat about the potato bread lol. Be well

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Morgan is in an ideal location in the heart of Temple Bar. Its interior is modern and very quirky. We were upgraded to a deluxe room on the third floor by the very friendly receptionist. The room was bright and the bed was extremely comfortable, a little noisy when the window was open but fine once we closed it. Breakfast was good too. Really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Third floor room was really lovely. Very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2011traveller2, What a great review, thank you. It's excellent to see such nice, positive and uplifting words packed into such a short and sweet review. Amazing. The quirky level at the Morgan is always set at 11. Each and every nano inch of the hotel has our signature design pieces scattered stratigically along with lighting and energy to help create our world famous Morgan Vibe. Ecerybody wants some and always comes back for more. I am delighted that your name is now on this list. 2011traveller2, once again thank you for the kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The receptionist was friendly and very professional We had a suite. It was very spacious. It was fairly modern. The bathroom was very nice. The shower was very good. The bar had mostly young customers but the lobby has lots of sitting and is very nice. The hotel is in the heart of Temple Bar so it very well located.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Janiel, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and are getting some of this sun. Amazing sunny day in Dublin today with not a cloud in sight. Janiel, thank you for such a nice, thoughtful and positive review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. It's nice to be nice to the nice. The Suites at the Morgan are amazing aren't they. I have met and got to hang out with some of my heroes in them. From Abba to ZZ top, they have all stayed here and like everyone else they always come back for more. Excellent that your name is now on this list. Janiel, once again my friend thank you for the random act of kindness, and taking time out to spread the good word. Take care, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us, and we'll see if we can change your "nice" to "excellent" lol

Be well

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

In the midst of Temple bar area. Lively neighbourhood, but not too noisy inside. We had a beautiful room (deluxe suite). Very nice staff, breakfast was brilliant! Great decorations throughout the whole hotel. Go there!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
WillemSp, what a nice review thank you. The way you have worded it reminds me of a movie or a narrator Love it, thank you. WillemSp, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, short, sweet, warm hearted, entertaining, no messing around, hip, retro and all around funked up review of your stay with us. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying with us and I will organise a complimentary upgrade, press all the Vip buttons, and we'll see what happens. Be well

Eddie Sweeney

Been to The Morgan? Share your experiences!