“Trendy hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 178 hotels in Dublin
Athens, Greece
“Trendy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stylish and trendy boutique hotel in the heart of Dublin's night life. If you want to be in the center of the town activity this is the right place. The rooms are gorgeous, very nice bed and linen, spacious and - despite the central location quiet (though mine on the first floor had no view). Bath facilites were also splendid.
Spend the weekend during the guiness day and crowds were partying in the hotel's bar with loud dj music with a good live saxophone player. And many more bars and parties in teh same r the next block. The breakfast is good, good choice and quality.
It is rather a hotel addressed to the younger generation. If you prefer a more calm and relaxed environment I would not suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms facing the front road
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
sirius99 Hi and hello and thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful and informative review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. And thank you as well for taking time out to do this. Nowadays, time is the most precious thing. Every second that goes by is lost, so making time to write a review of your stay was really nice of you. Thank you, or "Ευχαριστώ". sirius99 I am just delighted that you took full advantage of our location and joined in in the festivities surrounding us. Dublin's Temple Bar is one of the most happening, upbeat, cool and hip spots on the planet and being in the heart of things makes the biggest difference. All the wildlife and adventure right on our doorstep, ready for the taking, and yet inside our design signature concept rooms, your own private oasis of calm, zen and chilled out uber cool even atmosphere that has the world talking about us. Excellent. Our world class Dj's and live musicians communicating with each other through music is a must see / experience. Drums, Saxaphone, Violins you name it, it's here. With Halloween coming up this place has been getting so funked up the last while with preparations and such. We all can't wait for it and I highly advise it being checked out. Mark my words. Halloween at the Morgan this year 2103 will be one for the books. Anyway once again "Ευχαριστώ"and I hope to be welcoming you back again with us sooner than later

Be well and take care

1,341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to The Morgan for a few drinks with friends. The place is spotlessly clean and very friendly staff. Ideally located in the heart of Dublin, close to public transport and next to many nice bars and restaurant's. Got talking to the night manager, Dave Schneider, lovely guy, Canadian. Told him about a room I booked for my friends Wedding Present 2 years ago, my friend was well impressed with the room and I loved the photos of it. We got talking for a few minutes and I was telling him how in the past I was a paparazzi and I was sure plenty of celebrities stayed at the hotel. He offered to show me the Penthouse and the celebrity pix on the wall of guests who stayed there. I was blown away that Dave took time out to show me the place. The Penthouse is stunning and I would certainly book a night there sometime in the future for a grand party.

Overall between the excellent service and great friendly staff, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, will recommend this to all my friends and family who come from abroad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 10am, hoping to drop our bags off and start our break but the wonderful lady at reception warmly welcomed us, explained we'd been upgraded and the room would be ready in about 20 minutes! We walked over the road to a little artisan cafe for breakfast (not particularly good btw) and checked in to our room a good 3 hours before the 2pm check in time, brilliant.

The rooms were quirky, clean, had a great shower and bath and even though the hotel was located right in the centre of Temple Bar, there was not excessive noise and we slept very well. Breakfast was great, a lovely selection of Irish and Continental items and was served until 11 at the weekends which was great after a few pints of Guiness!

Overall a great hotel, clean and well located.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the Morgan with my friend as we were going to see a gig at Vicar Street. The Morgan is in an ideal spot, we got the Aircoach from the airport which dropped us off two minutes away from the hotel. Right in the middle of Temple Bar, we were never more than a stones throw from some great live music and great craic! Check in was quick and friendly and even though we arrived early our room was ready. The hotel is decorated in a really quirky yet stylish fashion. Our room was lovely and bright, clean and had the most comfortable beds ever. The Morgan has a lovely Parisian outdoor garden where you can enjoy a nice quiet cocktail away from the craziness of Temple Bar. One point to mention (which as two females traveling we quite liked) is that after midnight the hotel door is locked and you can only gain entry by showing your key card to the doormen, so it has a real safe feel to it, with no one able to follow you in! There is only one teeny tiny point that i would think that would improve this hotel and that is having a plug socket next to the bed so i could charge my phone there - it was quite an effort to push the snooze button from across the room :). I'm already planning my next trip to Dublin and I will definitely stay at the Morgan again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - its great to people watch - don't worry the rooms are still quie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here just for one night as we were going to a concert in the O2 in Dublin that night.The hotel is situated just off the River Liffey in Temple Bar, what i consider the perfect central location. It is within walking distance of O'Connell Street and Grafton Street and the bus and train station.
The hotel inside is very boutique with unique modern paintings, furniture and lights etc. Even the elevator had a cheeky painting of Mona Lisa on it!
I had booked the King Deluxe room, expecting something fantastic. Yes the room was nice, but it could have been a bit more "Deluxe". We received a room at the back of the hotel which we were glad of as it was away from the noise of the street at night time.
The bathroom was great, however there was only one bath robe provided - rather strange since there was 2 of us. I asked at reception for another, the receptionist said she would take care of it while we were out, but they never left one up.
The bed was extremely comfortable and we both had a great night sleep, however we were wakened at 8:30 by a knock on the door, and before either of us had time to get up to answer it, someone had opened it. I had to call out to tell them to wait for a second. By the time i got to the door and opened it, the man just said i'll come back later.
Also, when booking I had mentioned in the other requests section that both of us were celebrating our 21st birthdays this week and that if they could do anything to make it extra special it would be appreciated (if you don't ask you don't get!). When we were given our key cards to the room, the receptionist wished us happy birthday and that was it. I was a bit disappointed that there was nothing in the room e.g. a note, a card, anything etc in the room wishing us happy birthday.
This is a lovely hotel and its location is great and the staff are friendly and efficient, but it would've been the perfect hotel if they were a bit more attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are better for a good night sleep - they do provide earplugs in the bathroom Also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 2 friends arrived at the Morgan about 10 am for a overnight stay for my husbands 40th and to go to the roger waters gig.straight away were impressed with the hotel, not only was it bang in the middle of everything it was so stylish! The staff were so friendly when checking in and even gave us one of the rooms although check in wasn't till 2. They also made a point of wishing my husband a happy birthday. So we dumped our stuff went for breakfast and drinks and came back to check in to other room. We were then asked if we would all like to be upgraded to the penthouse suite free of charge. It was absolutely fabulous , no wonder the likes of gaga stay here, it made our celebration so special, we had the best time partying in that hotel! And they also give us a round of complimentary cocktails! Breakfast in the morning was spot on to with everything we could ask for hot and cold. Will defo go back to this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Sheree R, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Fantastic review thank you. Just Fantastic. How was the Roger Waters gig. It was the last tour of the Wall so I think Roger gave it his all at every show. I saw the wall live years ago at the O2 and was amazed. I heard a rumour the other day that Roger is now going to tour with Dark Side Of The Moon complete, and then Wish You Were Here complete. I think the concept album tours are really working for these guys. Anyway, Thank you for taking time out abnd writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. The Penthouse is amazing isn't it. Two floors of signature design features all cool and layed out and funked up to the nine's. It really is amazing how many of the who's who's have stayed up there. It's it's own private oasis in the heart of Temple Bar overlooking the world as we know it. The Ralph Lauren inspired Airstream on the roof all decked out with leather interior and sexy in the mood Led lighting has the planet talking about us. Interesting fact, when Gaga stayed with us, thats the first thing she mentioned when we brought her up to the room. She had heard of it before arriving, Amazing. Your name is now on that list Sheree R, among the celebs. Well, thank you once again for the kind and thoughtful words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Lets all keep our fingers crossed together and say a little prayer for a reunion with Gilmour and Waters for the Dark Side Of The Moon Tour. If we all do this together anything can happen.

Be well and happy belated birthday

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, very clean rooms well presented. Reception staff efficient and friendly. Drinks and food elegant and well presented. Great bar service thanks to Bella amazing table service. Definitely visit again. Best hotel in dublin do far and great location.

• Stayed October 2013
Julie L hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Julie L thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, kind, uplifting, short and sweet, straight to the point no messing around positive review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. Thank you, that was really nice of you. It looks like you have all the bases covered. Bella is great isn't she. She really lives up to her name Lol. Always smiling and so friendly. Julie L, now that we are your favourite / best Hotel in Dublin so far, we intend and plan to keep it this way. Please ask for me on your next stay and I would be honoured to treat you to one of our world famous Morgan Mojitos. Hope to see you sooner than later

Eddie Sweeney

Been to The Morgan? Share your experiences!