“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the Morgan earlier this month. It's a very elegant hotel, beautifully decorated and has quite a quirky feel about it. The rooms were immaculate and luxurious. The bathrooms were a pleasure to use.

As expected in a city centre, you need to pay additional to park but the parking was extremely convenient (directly across the road).

As it was over Easter, the reception area did get quite busy at times and you had to wait a while to speak to a receptionist. The only other issue I had was that the deal I had booked promised free wi-fi, however once we arrived there we informed wi-fi was not included (however it ended up being offered to us free of charge anyway due to some technical problems the hotel was experiencing that day).

So overall, very enjoyable. Lovely surroundings, friendly and very helpful staff and I would absolutely stay again. To sum up this hotel: attention to detail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Dear Zutot,

We are delighted you enjoyed your Easter break with us.

It was good to read that you enjoyed our quirky feel. We dare to be different and provide non traditional hotel experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Edward Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Finnish first
limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

i stayed in the hotel last friday with my boyfriend,we stayed only for one night since we don't live in dublin and wanted to visit my parents, we had dinner in the bar,and have to say that the service was top class,had the most amazing cocktails,bt to be honest they are pretty expensive.we were served by a young guy,think his name was Rickardo,absolutely amazed how polite and friendly he is,not just with us but he was with absolutely every one in that bar,very attentive,we defenetely will be back and thanks for a great experience,we will be back soon

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear raaa3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted you had an amazing experience with us. it was good to read how much you enjoyed your dinner and cocktails. That is what the Morgan is all about! A special thanks for recognising the exemplary service that Ricardo gave you.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Spent one night in the Morgan last Saturday night and just want to say what a great stay we had. I had requested an early check in and on arrival at the hotel at 12pm, the receptionist Josephine promptly called housekeeping to ask them to prepare our room. She then informed me that we had been upgraded to a junior suite which I thought was a lovely touch.
Our room was lovely, with a sitting room and separate bedroom upstairs so this was a lovely treat as it was my boyfriends birthday so a nice surprise. While the room was a little in need of re-painting it was really lovely and much enjoyed. The bed was so comfortable, the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!
We had dinner in the hotel that night also and the staff in the bar were extremely friendly and helpful and obliging as we requested some extra seats as we had friends joining us after dinner. The food was lovely and idea for something light before going out for a night. It has a lovely atmosphere and vibe with funky chilled music.
The bar was buzzing as the night progressed, with a great DJ playing and a guy on bongos and girl on the SAX. We really enjoyed it and the cocktails, even if they are a little expensive!
Breakfast the next morning was really good and fresh.
All in all our stay in the Morgan was excellent and I would highly recommend it, especially to young people who want a nice hotel with a good vibe and atmosphere.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The Morgan Suite is a great room with a lovely sitting room and bedroom upstairs so very spacious if...
Dear SKH_Limerick,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed The Morgan Experience so much from your suite,
to the food, and the unique atmosphere we create with a hip vibe and the best cocktails in Dublin!

A special thanks for recognising how well Josephine looked after you.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I selected this hotel because of its location & value. The rooms were well furnished, dressed in white from floor to roof, smaller than expected but perfected for a weekend. I also found the reception and bar staff to be very helpful.

As mentioned, The Morgan Hotel was perfectly located, right in the heart of Dublin's tourist area, Templebar. With great restaurants, bars and attractions on your doorstep, this hotel should be seriously considered by any visitor staying in Dublin City centre.

Stayed April 2012
Dear R_Kernohan,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room and you found our location key for your stay.

The Morgan Team is delighted you noticed how helpful the reception and bar staff are.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Tralee, Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

my girlfreind and i recently stayed at the morgan for one night and it was an absolutly brilliant experence. the staff are so nice and helpful in particular one of the waiters/barstaff andre. he couldnt help us enough. the morgan has a great feel to it ,, its modern and funky yet still holds that luxury feel. we stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was stunning. i had done a bit of research before i booked anything and had found that the morgan was one of the only hotels that offer any kind of package deals that cater to everyones needs. and the prices and rates are very very reasonable. the food was excellent not to mention the coctails !.. i would recomened this hotel to anyone and everyone and will be returning in the near future!.

Dear Cian B,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted you had a brilliant experience with us and liked the modern and funky feel we create. Thanks for highlighting the service Andre gave you and how much you enjoyed our food and cocktails.

We have a new cocktail menu coming out shortly and we will be posting a video demonstration of our cocktail of the month on Facebook shortly also.

Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Morgan for one night. Having never been there before, I wasn't sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. Everything from the bar to the rooms to the general atmosphere was excellent. Food in the bar, especially the tapas, is great and very reasonably priced for the city centre.
The best part about staying here though is the staff. Everyone I dealt with was friendly, interested and helpful. It is so nice to have staff make you feel genuinely welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The attention to detail is spot on.
I will definitely be back and if you are looking for a different hotel experience, where you're made to feel at home, book the Morgan. I'm usually very fussy but I just can't fault it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Joanne M,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are delighted you enjoyed the general atmosphere your room and our bar.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the Tapas you tried as we launched a new Tapas menu not so long ago.

A special thanks for mentioning the service you received from The Morgan Team and for noticing we create a different type of Hotel experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I've stayed in several hotels across Dublin ranging from a budget hostel to 5 star luxury and overall I would rate this my 2nd favourite. Simply because the best had a spa.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, it's situated right in the heart of temple bar and you can still get a cab from the front entrance.
The rooms are very spacious and the bed was very comfy. Our room was on the 1st floor so I thought I was going to be up all night with the noise but I didn't hear a thing!

There is a nice friendly atmosphere in the bar and the beer is reasonably priced. They have a promotion on cocktails between certain times but you can get them cheaper elsewhere. My girlfriend and I had a few drinks at the bar after returning from Hard Rock cafe which is next door!
I'm by no means a hotel snob but there were a few things that could've put people off in our room (but didn't bother me): there were a few cracked tiles, minor stains on carpet, curtains and toilet and there were rings from where glasses had been left on the bedside table. So I guess the room (deluxe room) could've been maintained a little bit better.
One thing that the hotel should also offer to guests free of charge is wifi! I mean nearly every single bar can offer it on that street. But if you are wise like me you can always join the Hard Rock cafe network (it doesn't run very fast but still beats paying)

Dear armedwithamind,

Thank you for your review and we are very pleased you liked The Morgan so much.

We are delighted you liked the atmosphere in the bar. We go to great lengths to make it a unique and fun place to be with friendly staff who want to look after you.

Thank you for pointing out the minor discrepancies with your room. I will make sure all our deluxe rooms are given extra attention over the next couple of days.

WiFi is available free in The Morgan Bar and we will look into the possibility of including free WiFi in our bedrooms shortly.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Edward Sweeney

Been to The Morgan? Share your experiences!