“Horrible staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Horrible staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

I was traveling alone as a single woman and this was my last night in Ireland. I always stay at Kellys, however they don't have an elevator so I chose this one as it was in a good location- my suitcase was massively heavy and I wanted an elevator. When I checked in concierge took my luggage. I went up to the room& waited a few minutes & it never arrived so I ran out for coffee and to do a few things. I came around 6pm and my luggage was not in my room! I went down to the desk and the guy looked for it/ found it in the basement & said he had no idea who it belonged to!!! The front staff seemed out of it. Not friendly helpful or warm. The waiter at Breakfast was a jerk. When it was time to go I asked for a taxi to be arranged & he was late so I hailed one on my own. Before I left I wanted to run to the deli and asked could I leace my luggage in the lobby for a second. The concierge jumped in & insisted he put it in the basement. Seriously?! Enough already. Traveling is stressful enough and this place just heightened my stress factor. I would never stay here again. I'd rather pull my luggage up a staircase any day and pay less and have a friendlier more professional staff.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is located right in the heart of what a local guide described as the "party capital of Europe": very close to restaurants, shopping as well as major attractions. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
I had a very pleasant room that faced the front of the hotel -- but as is the issue with many urban hotel properties, that can be a somewhat noisy option.
The lobby is rather tiny so the guests have secure access to a lovely lounge in the basement. The business centre is located within the lounge, unfortunately the two computers there are rather dated and slow. I did need this service as I was travelling with an ipad and needed real computer access. The hotel would do well to update the technology in the business centre.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear might have less noise from the street.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Brooks is a fine hotel to begin or end a trip to Ireland. A short walk from the Trinity College stop on the bus from the airport makes it convenient. It is close to a very nice shopping area and within walking distance of the major Dublin sights. The hotel rooms are large, quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast is amazing!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and our two adult sons stayed at the Brooks Hotel in May of 2014.
We were very pleased with the staff and the accommodations. Having arrived very early the staff was most gracious and solicitious taking care of our luggage and providing a very nice lounge and restrooms for waiting. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. Daily breakfasts were exceptionally good with friendly servers. Because we stayed there twice during our travels in Ireland we had a total of four rooms. We had no complaints about any of them. In fact, we had no complaints of any kind about the hotel or staff and it’s location was perfect for us. We certainly would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location right in the interesting heart of Dublin. I had a room on the 6th floor that was nicely decorated, a good size and with a big comfy bed. A good nights sleep and a good breakfast topped off a good place to stay.
Oddly the UK ITV local station on the TV in the room was for the Channel Islands - not sure of the connection to Dublin!

Room Tip: 6th floor is quiet
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Cork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Brooks Hotel in October 2014 for a single night and was immensely disappointed. The check-in and check-out time were extremely long, and unlike any other SLH venue I have visited no drinks were offered during the process.

The room (415) was very dated and tacky, albeit the bathroom was modern. I was also not able to receive WIFI signal since the room was at the very far end of the building. Despite the staff’s best effort (the guys assisting us were indeed very patient and tried their best) to resolve this problem we were not able to get complimentary internet at the end. The room we had was also facing the backside of the building which was very noisy due to some heavy ventilation equipment just outside of the window. It did quiet down during the evening, however it was far from optimal sleep condition.

I asked for a late check-out the night before and was offered one for 1:00pm. The next day I received a call to my room just past 12:00 asking me if I needed a late check-out. I explained that this was already the case just to find room keeping knocking at my door 20 minutes later.

While the hotel crew did try their best, there was a distinct lack of communication. There are far better options in Dublin and needless to say I will not be returning to the Brooks Hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff at Brooks Hotel are a credit to the management of this cosy home from home. Close to every amenity south of the Liffey. Lovely Bar food, great Bar, cosy modern room, fab breakfast. will will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter, however, the road outside the front of the hotel is a si...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!