“Clean and quiet - great Wi-fi” 4 of 5 stars

Brooks Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59-63 Drury Street, Dublin, Ireland   |
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Clean and quiet - great Wi-fi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when visiting family in Dublin. The rooms are clean, if a little jaded, but they are warm and quiet, and the Wi-fi is excellent. We did not eat there so cannot comment on that, nor the gym and sauna. It is very convenient for the city centre though. I would definitely use it again

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Newry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked this hotel for two nights last Sunday. It was not a good experience and we checked out the next moring after a sleepless night.
The "deluxe" room was cramped and dimly lit. The bed had all the comfort of a snooker table and the heating/air-co was so noisy it seemed like a gaint was snoring somewhere in the corner.

There is no carpark and one has to park in the public one across the road. Be prepared to pay €20 per day and around 7 for each overnight stay. That's an extra €47 to your bill.

Also be prepared to pay €40 in advance for any expenses you might incur in the bar and restaurant. Pardon me, but never in our lives, have we been charged in advance for the possibilty of our being thieves.

The only positive was the oriental barman - very open, friendly and attentive. Also the bar food was good.

Really cannot understand all the rev reviews for Brooks. Unfortunately I was swayed by them.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Christina M, thank you for your comments on your recent stay in Brooks. I was sorry to hear that you had a sleepless night and that you didn’t find the bed comfortable. Regarding the air conditioning we will certainly get the unit checked based on your comments as there may be a fault with that particular unit. . I only wish we had learned of this at the time as we would have been able to move you. Regarding the bed, guests often comment on the comfort of the beds and only yesterday a guest mentioned it was one of the best sleeps she had due to bed comfort so I am only sorry that you did not find this so.

Regarding the Car Parking, there is a public car park directly across the road which extends a special overnight rate from 5.30pm up to Noon the next day of €6 which for a city centre is quite reasonable. They then have an hourly rate of €2.90. However there is another car park just 3 minutes walk away that extends a special 24 hour rate of €12.50. We do detail this information in our guest directory and the team usually give this advise to guests when they query car parking. I am sorry if this was not clearly explained to you.

In relation to the advance, we do normally take a pre authorization of a credit card for incidentals which would be standard practice in the majority of hotels and I am sorry that this made you uncomfortable. Possibly it was not explained to you properly and for this I apologise. The cost is not actually set against your card it is only an impression and is released on the day of departure

I am glad that you found your experience in the bar a good one. Ms Christina M as you mentioned you were swayed by the positive comments you read and Tripadvisor and I hope that you will reconsider returning to us as it is clear that you did not experience our normal high standards and we would be delighted to welcome you back. I would very much appreciate if you could send your email address to me so we can correspond directly. I do hope we can encourage you to return as I feel sure the high standards of accommodation we normally provide will be evident to you on that occasion. Also, myself and my team will take the opportunity to make sure your stay is every bit as enjoyable as you are entitled to expect and more in line with the experiences of the many satisfied guests we have catered for at Brooks
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've just had two excellent nights in the Brooks Hotel, the concierge Connor, couldn't do enough for us, so friendly and helpful, remembered our names, gave tips and advice. The receptionist was efficient and helpful, we also go an upgrade to a deluxe room, which was unexpected. Rooms spacious and well furnished, extremely comfortable beds with a choice of pillows to make sure you get a good nights sleep!! which we did! Breakfast - so much to choose from, fresh and great quality, Irish full breakfast yummy!! Would definitly recommend a true friendly Irish welcome!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a deluxe, so didn't get to see what the standard room was like, but it was s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Very centrally located near all the shopping you could ever want. Tons of great restaurants and pubs all around. Hotel staff very helpful! The only negative I would say is that the price was a bit on the higher end other then that it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Moved to this hotel having booked originally at Druys Christchurch (rated as third world at best) - just no comparison. From pulling up in the taxi outside and being greeted by the concierge Connor to the way we were greeted at reception was just excellent. Such a friendly hotel. My wife and I had 3 good nights just before Christmas and will certainly be going back this coming December 13.

Visited again this week on business and Lindsay on reception had made a great effort to get me an early check in. Really cannot recommend this hotel enough and it could not be better situated for Grafton Steet and some great restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were guests at Brooks Hotel over the holidays, and if you know anything about traveling in the UK over Christmas and New Year's, it is that NEARLY EVERYTHING shuts down for at least two days.

Well, at Brooks Hotel, the staff carried on to make it a most enjoyable stay, and there is no request that was not met with a smile and "can do" attitude (such as supplying a DVD in a "regular" room). Kudos!

I'll add that, as Americans used to rooms that are larger than the typical European hotel room, we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the bedrooms; the internet worked perfectly; the facilities were nice. And, though on the side of being expensive, the restaurant is especially good, again with excellent service. I should also point out that the location in Dublin could not be better.

If/when we return to Dublin, our choice will be Brooks Hotel!

Room Tip: I think they would all be good, though probably best staring on 2nd floor (and not 1st).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!