“Location, Style, & Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Brooks Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59-63 Drury Street, Dublin, Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Asheville, North Carolina
“Location, Style, & Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just spent the better part of a week at the Brooks. From the phone calls we made ahead of our visit and throughout our stay, the front desk, concierge, and cleaning staff could not have been more pleasant, personable, or professional. The Brooks' location is excellent: beautiful central setting, plunked in the heart of Dublin. The hotel itself is tastefully decorated -elegant without being excessive- and very clean. A special thanks to concierge Connor! We feel as though we lucked into a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Jenny C, I was delighted to read your reivew and to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are very lucky with the location and everything in walking distance. Thank you for your comments on the team as they work hard and there is no better job satisfaction that to hear they are keeping the guests happy. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again. Anne Mc Kiernan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
crawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend break to Dublin and I have to say the Brooks Hotel is a fantastic hotel. All the staff were friendly and attentive,but not overpowering or " in your face", the Hotel on a whole was stylish,clean and comfy,modern but with a feel like you were stepping back in time, fantastic location just off of the top of Grafton St so whilst being right in the heart of everything south of the river it still wasnt too noisy at night. The only time we ate at the Hotel was for breakfast..fantastic combination of continental style breakfast and cooked full Irish on offer,all served fresh.. on reflection I wish we had had dinner there one evening, oh well another time maybe. Even a minor problem upon checking out,had made two reservations and the PC hadnt linked them together was solved efficiently If I was to return to Dublin then this would be the first hotel I would look to stay at!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 406,not the best of views from the window but thn again it is a city centre hotel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Clifton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

In a word the Brooks Hotel is quite exceptional. The service staff is on-point to provide outstanding attention the moment you book your room and then walk through their doors. The reservation staff, Ms. Fitzpatrick and Ms. Forrester, were both highly attentive to my initial reservation requests and were most kind in offering advice and an upgrade of rooms to honor my wife's and my wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Connor O'Connell who is truly one of the finest concierges I've had the pleasure to meet. Thank you Connor for making my wife's and my stay in Dublin special. The reception desk staff is prompt, attentive, and quite efficient in their operations. Always smiling and quick to provide assistance each of the reception attendants were quite impressive. Now for the rooms and dining services.

The rooms in the Brooks Hotel are quite spacious by European standards and to be quite frank exceed the size of many U.S. hotel properties. The rooms are well-appointed and tastefully decorated. The bedding is comfortable and we found that the lines were always crisp and clean. The room's restroom was quite nice with a separate bathtub and shower. The towels, soap, shampoo, and other toiletries provided were of high quality. Much like the concierge and reception staff, the housekeeping staff are clearly quite good at their jobs as we found the rooms to be fresh and clean upon arrival and throughout the week were always extraordinarily well maintained.

The dining facilities at the Brook's Hotel are nicely situated and convenient. I appreciated how the dining area for the breakfast service was separated from the noon and evening meal dining areas. In particular the Jasmine Bar area made for a nice location to relax in the afternoon and evening as it was separated from the main dining areas. The breakfast service was quite friendly and attentive. The wait staff was always quick to greet and provide prompt attentive service. My wife and I found the breakfast foods to be very good. The prepared to order menu items were extensive and delicious. In addition, the cold buffet items were always fresh and enticing.

The location of the Brook's Hotel is quite excellent. Only a few blocks from Grafton Street (shopping and dining), Suffolk Street (tourism office and day tours), Temple Bar (restaurants and bars) and all city centre areas you will find yourself perfectly situated within Dublin for all your tourism sites. Should you need assistance on booking a tour, finding a location, or simply looking for advice you can be sure that Mr. O'Connell will be quick to offer his assistance. Should Mr. O'Connell be unavailable the other concierge staff and of course reception staff are definitely well prepared and informed.

The only recommendation for improvement that I might offer the management of the Brook's Hotel is to upgrade the fitness facility. While the sauna is nice it is evident that the fitness equipment is in need of an upgrade and perhaps even relocating the fitness facility to a larger area. There is also a need to be more attentive to the towel and water service in the facility. Lest I end on a negative note allow me to say that even though the fitness facility needed attention it was adequate to meet my daily workout routine needs.

There is no question that the Brook's Hotel is my lodging property of choice for future visits to Dublin. I am truly impressed and most definitely a loyal customer for the Brooks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Location, Staff, Rooms, everything ... a lovely lovely 4 star hotel which is just perfect for a short stay in Dublin. I really could not ask for more. Yes, you can go better and spend £££££s but for a little bit of luxury at an affordable price, this is the one to go for. If I go back to Dublin, I will only stay here! Thank you guys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night and I was sorry I wasn't able to stay longer. The location on the south side of the city centre meant all the main attractions were within easy reach. The staff were incredibly friendly and efficient. The rooms were comfortable and stylish, I liked the use of original artwork on the walls. They also had some really nice thoughtful touches, for instance there was a really cozy reading room and they provided a selection of reading glasses. Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Quick, friendly check-in followed by a wonderful experience with the concierge who never held his hand out for a tip. (But we tipped him anyway of course!) They have a nice lounge for guests to use and this came in very handy since we arrived early and our room wasn't ready. There's a knitting group that meets there every Thursday evening if you're into any yarn crafts. The breakfast is only 10 euros in spite of the prices on the menu. Incredible breakfast! Definitely try the porridge!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side may have some street noise to put up with but not too bad.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My mom and I were on a quick overnight in Dublin before we made our way to Co. Mayo the next day, so we hadn't planned a long stay in the hotel.

Check-in was quick and efficient. We were greeted warmly and it made us feel welcome after a long day of traveling. The room itself was relatively large, as was the bathroom (a huge plus for two women traveling together!). The shower was wonderful but the hairdryer was a total miss (some weird contraption on the wall that barely blew anything out but weak hot air).

The location was fantastic! We were able to walk to the Temple Bar area in a matter of 10 minutes without a problem for a pub crawl we went on that night. With that being said, we arrived back at the hotel late at night, pretty drunk. Admittedly we'd had too much of a good time and it was pretty evident when we called down for room service. Unfortunately the beer got the better of us because we were a fit of giggles. The room service attendant on the other line waiting for our order was not impressed or amused and asked us to call back. We never did; he seemed more annoyed than understanding (we're in Ireland after all, surely you've dealt with drunks before?!).

At breakfast the next morning, we had to flag down a server for coffee and toast, which was a little unnerving considering that everyone else had been served with toast and coffee except us. There was also something clumpy in the cream at the table, so I wasn't able to enjoy coffee at all that morning (bummer).

Check out was good, with a very sweet front desk clerk who patiently explained our bill and offered to hold our luggage during breakfast. She also was helpful in calling a cab for us to the rental car location.

I would probably stay at Brooks again when back in Dublin, based on the location alone. I wish we'd had more time at the hotel to really enjoy everything else, but alas, our journey kept us moving and shaking

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!