“I'll never stay anywhere in Dublin but here!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59-63 Drury Street, Dublin, Ireland   |
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“I'll never stay anywhere in Dublin but here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Quick, friendly check-in followed by a wonderful experience with the concierge who never held his hand out for a tip. (But we tipped him anyway of course!) They have a nice lounge for guests to use and this came in very handy since we arrived early and our room wasn't ready. There's a knitting group that meets there every Thursday evening if you're into any yarn crafts. The breakfast is only 10 euros in spite of the prices on the menu. Incredible breakfast! Definitely try the porridge!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side may have some street noise to put up with but not too bad.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My mom and I were on a quick overnight in Dublin before we made our way to Co. Mayo the next day, so we hadn't planned a long stay in the hotel.

Check-in was quick and efficient. We were greeted warmly and it made us feel welcome after a long day of traveling. The room itself was relatively large, as was the bathroom (a huge plus for two women traveling together!). The shower was wonderful but the hairdryer was a total miss (some weird contraption on the wall that barely blew anything out but weak hot air).

The location was fantastic! We were able to walk to the Temple Bar area in a matter of 10 minutes without a problem for a pub crawl we went on that night. With that being said, we arrived back at the hotel late at night, pretty drunk. Admittedly we'd had too much of a good time and it was pretty evident when we called down for room service. Unfortunately the beer got the better of us because we were a fit of giggles. The room service attendant on the other line waiting for our order was not impressed or amused and asked us to call back. We never did; he seemed more annoyed than understanding (we're in Ireland after all, surely you've dealt with drunks before?!).

At breakfast the next morning, we had to flag down a server for coffee and toast, which was a little unnerving considering that everyone else had been served with toast and coffee except us. There was also something clumpy in the cream at the table, so I wasn't able to enjoy coffee at all that morning (bummer).

Check out was good, with a very sweet front desk clerk who patiently explained our bill and offered to hold our luggage during breakfast. She also was helpful in calling a cab for us to the rental car location.

I would probably stay at Brooks again when back in Dublin, based on the location alone. I wish we'd had more time at the hotel to really enjoy everything else, but alas, our journey kept us moving and shaking

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent one night in the hotel as I wanted somewhere central as was meeting up with some friends for the weekend. The hotel is in an excellent location and enjoyed the stay. Arrived early Saturday and although the rooms weren't ready yet, checked in quickly and was told my case would be taken up to the room when it was ready.

We spent some time in the Jasmine bar in the afternoon which was a lovely location and the breakfast in the morning couldn't be faulted. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel was great and the only fault I could find was the fact that the location of the power sockets in the room could have been better (only one free which was underneath the dressing table in the room).

Would definitely stay here again next time I am in Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in Brooks Hotel, and it was exceptional! Very clean, Breakfast was delicious. My husband lost his wallet on the flight to Ireland, and the Reception staff at Brooks Hotel were incredibly helpful in providing us with all necessary contact information and making various calls and updating us on any information- Extremely wonderful service.

Thank you very much!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We arrived at the Brooks Hotel early in the morning after taking a red-eye flight from the States. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly, which was important due to our lack of sleep. Although our room was not ready, they stored our luggage while we toured Dublin on the hop on/off bus. When we returned in the afternoon, the room was ready. It was on the sixth floor looking onto Drury Street. Others have commented on noise coming from the busy street below. Drury is not a busy street and we had no problem here with the street noise. We considered the room to be average-sized by American standards and was nicely furnished. The included breakfast the next morning was either from a menu or buffet. The full Irish breakfast was good as was the service. Parking was at a pay lot a couple of blocks away. When I paid for the parking at a machine at the neighboring mall, the amount was much more than described by the front desk at the hotel. When I went to the customer service counter at the parking lot, they refunded me about 2/3 of the parking fee. While getting the car, my wife had a very pleasant conversation with the bellman about American rock music and I asked him about Irish music when I returned. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and since its location is central to so much that one would want to see and do in Dublin, this is an easy place to recommend. When we returned to Dublin for our return flight home, we tried booking this hotel for our last two night but it was regrettably already booked.

Room Tip: Since Drury Street is not busy, I think all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend break in Dublin in November. I can't fault it. Everything went perfectly from check-in to departure, friendly staff, attractive lounge and good location - 10 mins walk from most of the major sites and all else accessible by bus. Only slight problem was that I found the room a bit hot at nioght (but that's probably me as I like sleeping in a cool room). Would definitely stay here again and also recommend to others for business or leisure trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived at the Brooks Hotel at 10:30 am after an overnight flight from Philadelphia. Our room, an upgrade, was ready for us which was wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located so you can walk everywhere within a short period of time. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff very accommodating. I would recommend Boulevard Cafe for lunch, Gogarty's and Il Baccaro for dinner. Book of Kells within Trinity College is fascinating. If we ever traveled to Dublin again, we would stay at the Brooks Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!